Thread: nettle extract

deathBYproxy is offline New Member

nettle extract

a while back i told you guys about my labido that was down, at the same time i spoke to a doctor friend of mine, he said i should start taking nettle extract, apparently it helps to activate your body's own testosterone production.

do any of you know about this, and is it posable that this could make me sick, been throughing up sinse friday last week, not feeling well...

Had never really heard of the stuff. So I looked into and found some interesting things about nettle and hairloss and its effects on lowering estrogen (maybe it was the lowering of estrogen that would make for more bioavailable test??). As for sides, they appear to be rare. From what Ive read, nettle has been used various different ways in folk medicine and one of those ways is for curing stomach aches. Overall, I dont know too much about Nettle and its effects on raising test levels. Im not doc, but i think if your going the herbal route, Trib and Aneva Sativa would be best for that. Clomid and Nolva being top notch of course. Just my .02.

From http://www.rain-tree.com/nettles.htm

Other research also reveals that nettles can prevent SHBG that has already bound to a hormone from attaching to the receptor sites on the prostate, as well as to decrease the production of estrogens (estradiol and estrone) by inhibiting an enzyme required for their production...

...A randomized double-blind clinical trial was conducted with 543 BPH patients who were given a combination of saw palmetto and nettle root or a drug called finasteride. The average urine flow increased in both groups, while urinary urgency and frequency decreased in both groups. Other BPH symptoms also decreased in both groups, and, as usual; fewer side effects were reported by those taking the herbal combination than those taking the drug.

It also should be noted that these same androgens have profound effects on scalp and body hair in both males and females. Hair loss in both men and women has been linked to excessive dihydrotestosterone (DHT) levels. While no clinical studies have been conducted yet on the use of nettle in treating DHT-related hair loss and male pattern balding, research does indicate that nettle root can prevent the conversion of testosterone to DHT. Interestingly, a U.S. patent has recently been filed on an herbal combination containing nettle root for the treatment of male pattern baldness. More research is sure to follow as this is a highly popular and profitable area of research.

Thread Information