Master Pain is offline Junior Member

using traquilizers for powerlifting!

I over heard some powerlifters in my gym today talking about the guy that they work out with that broke the world record bench press in the 270 lbs class or so, benching like 810 or something.
    what i heard is that he uses some sort of traquilizer before competion thats sucks tons and tons of water in him, so he drinks water by the gallons before a competion to store most of it so he is just one bloated dude and strong as a buldozer under the bench?
    what is this traquilizer he is using i dont understand?? traquilizers??????

Carl Carlson is offline Junior Member
    The guy is Andy Fielder. If you go to www.irongame.com you can see a few videos of him benching. He is undoubtebly one of the best built powerlifters out there. There is one video of him benching 585 (no bench shirt) and you can see just how much of a hoss he really is.

Also, he weighed in at 242 (his weight class limit). I assume that he weighed in about 24 hours in advance and then took the substance to balloon back up. So, if the story is true, he probably weighed in at 242 and then lifted the following day at a weight of 270.

Personally, I have weighed 238 on Wednesday.......officially weighed in at 220 on Friday, then bulked back up to 236 for the competition on Saturday.

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Carlson
    The guy is Andy Fielder. If you go to www.irongame.com you can see a few videos of him benching. He is undoubtebly one of the best built powerlifters out there. There is one video of him benching 585 (no bench shirt) and you can see just how much of a hoss he really is.

Also, he weighed in at 242 (his weight class limit). I assume that he weighed in about 24 hours in advance and then took the substance to balloon back up. So, if the story is true, he probably weighed in at 242 and then lifted the following day at a weight of 270.

Personally, I have weighed 238 on Wednesday.......officially weighed in at 220 on Friday, then bulked back up to 236 for the competition on Saturday.
    16lbs. in 24 hours? All water right? What did you do to do it?

andy fiedler!!!
    that guy used to workout in the gym in menomonie wisconsin were i use to live!
    the gym was called the musclemill i can remember watching him bench 315 and he struggled with it for just a a couple reps man has he gone a long ways he looks thick like dorian yates in the off season too just freakin massive thee best built power lifter of all in my opion

Carl Carlson is offline Junior Member
    Wednesday morning I chugged 2 gallons of water to flush the sodium from my system..............then, I stopped drinking water all together.

I also cut out nearly all carbs and as much sodium as humanly possible (because both retain water)........actually, all I ate from Wednesday morning until Friday afternoon was lots of unseasoned eggs and hamburger (plus a few sugar-free fiber tablets to keep the factory moving).

Also, I took no-doz throughout the day on Thursday and Friday to keep me pissing out the water. By noon on Friday, I had already dropped about 13 pounds of water. I sat in a sauna to drop the final 5 pounds and made weight to the ounce at about 5pm.

Immediately upon stepping off of the scale, I chugged a gallon of gatorade. An hour or two later.........I went and ate sodium and carbo-loaded mexican grub until I wanted to barf. Then, I started guzzling water. By the time the competition started the next morning, I had put 16 pounds back on...............only 2 pounds short of my original weight.......and let me tell ya, weighing 236 pounds in the 220 class is a definate advantage.

I don't play the diuretics game, but there is one proffessional powerlifter who has been known to use diuretics to drop from 195 to 165. He has landed himself in the hospital on several occasions. One meet, he spent the night in the hospital with an IV rehydrating him and then smashed some world records the following day.

ammonia always used to do the trick for me. some other buddys of mine used suspension a couple hours before the meet in larger doseages. cheque drops are coming back into style, as ive seen 3 of my friends use them in my local gym who have tried to offer it to me, but im staying away from it.

ive never heard of a tranquilizer. if its true, thats just **** ridiculous.

AnabolicAlien Guest

lol...

there's NO tranquilizer i know of that causes water retention.... and i know almost all of them.

E.T.

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicAlien
    there's NO tranquilizer i know of that causes water retention.... and i know almost all of them.

E.T.

i hear ya there i mean come on traquilizer.... why would they cause water en anyhow hell if you took some of that wouldnt ya be put out if ya know what i mean??
    maybe they are using the name is slang for something eles? but what would be that powerful for water ren??

Steroids101 is offline Member
    I've heard valium can do this. But I really don't even know what valium is, or if thats true or not.

AnabolicAlien Guest

lol

valium = benzodiazepine

will not do that. just calms. hits the same receptors as alcohol. was big in the 1970's for people with anxiety.

E.T.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Nubain comes to mind. Shouldnt make you retain water though.

flexin-rph is offline Member
    Never heard of such a thing.

Thread Information