Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer

a good steroid story by the media?..... could it happen?

I may be going out on a limb here..... but it's just an idea. The media wants ratings correct? Which is why they do these steroid stories and talk about how all these kids have died..... Well - what if someone well respected from this website... or even better yet the owner..... or maybe even the anabolics book author wrote a news channel that hasn't done a negative steroid story..... and convince them to do some research on how all these stories are blown out of proportion. They could goto gyms and interview guys willing to talk about steroids and how they can be done carefully..... Maybe..... JUST MAYBE..... they'll doit for "the ratings" - Imagine your some ordinary person who has only seen how steroids are bad..... wouldn't you be interested to hear the other side of the story? Not that you'd believe the other side of the story (in this case - steroids not being bad) but you'd be interested enough to watch the show. I bet the media would get TONS of ratings off a story like this. It's just going to take a lot of work by people like us and the work of somebody thats WELL known.

Call me crazy..... or flmae me IDC - IMHO it's worth a shot. LETS GET THE MESSAGE OUT!

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    BTW - i posted here because a lot of traffic flows through here.....
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Trust me it would be a great idea but I assure you it wont happen simply because the station would feel a bit of responsibilty condoning AAS use. The problem would be that they would appear to be advocating steroid use and therefore kids would readily use. I work at a TV station right now that is running a steroid special series and trust me its all negative to try to keep athletes and kids from using.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    BCthe site owner did address this issue a month or so ago with the media but they didn't want to hear it, took everything out of context and twisted it, Assholes........

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    I don't think it will happen any time soon:-( Media is telling people what it been paid for:-(

Quote Originally Posted by RussianVodka
    I don't think it will happen any time soon:-( Media is telling people what it been paid for:-(
    that makes no sense. Clarify that?

Galoot67 is offline Junior Member
    IMO, I dont think that would ever happen. Its a good idea but having a story on the "positive" side of an issue that most of America frowns on wouldnt fly. You might as well try to make a story about " smoking weed is good if done correctly."

odrorir is offline Associate Member

People are like sheep

Very powerful people, in posistions of authority have decided they do not want steroids legal. I have heard several theories on why, but dont know what to believe. I do know that the media is controlled by several key companies, and they only tell the side these companies want heard.

It's a nice dream anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by odrorir
    Very powerful people, in posistions of authority have decided they do not want steroids legal. I have heard several theories on why, but dont know what to believe. I do know that the media is controlled by several key companies, and they only tell the side these companies want heard.

It's a nice dream anyways...
    I dont think you can go as far to say that the media is controlled by key companies. Our station is not controlled by any "key companies." The reason these stories continue to air is because of misinformed reporters lack the proper knowledge and research. I assure you that no one said "report this whether it is factual or not." That doesnt happen. The issue again is lack of knowledge and propoganda spawning years ago.

odrorir is offline Associate Member

I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory

I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but the media is controlled by a few key figures. You can trace ownership of almost any media franchise right up to these guys. If you do some research it becomes pretty obvious.

Take the radio for instance, ever hear of Clearchannel or Payola?

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    I dont think you can go as far to say that the media is controlled by key companies. Our station is not controlled by any "key companies." The reason these stories continue to air is because of misinformed reporters lack the proper knowledge and research. I assure you that no one said "report this whether it is factual or not." That doesnt happen. The issue again is lack of knowledge and propoganda spawning years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by odrorir
    I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but the media is controlled by a few key figures. You can trace ownership of almost any media franchise right up to these guys. If you do some research it becomes pretty obvious.

Take the radio for instance, ever hear of Clearchannel or Payola?
    I am more than familiar with both companies. Keep in mind I work in TV and radio so i certainly know my fair share about the media and its "controlling key figures." I will say that the corporation I work for does not, has not, and will not give input on whether our newscasts should be about the negative or positive sides of steroid use . The reporter is the one who decides what the packages will entail. It is assanine to think that a corporation or general manager would have enough time to look over every package, vo, and sot that makes it to air. It just isnt feasable. 99.9999% of local news is the idea, thoughts, and writing of the reporter and not someone behind a desk telling them how to do their job.

Thread Information