Footballman81 is offline Junior Member

Resting Blood Pressure?

I am on Test 400 once a week and I noticed that today my resting blood pressure seems a lot higher than normal. It's around 145/90 HR is around 97. It is quite uncomfortable and I can't sleep. My heart is pounding like I'm running a marathon. I have had it almost this high before with it not effecting me much...is this anything to be concerned about. BTW..when I stand my BP goes way high and feels even more unconfortable making it hard to even work out of do anything. I just called my doc...should I take some atenelol to get it down...anyone have experience in this? Thanks!

Oh btw I drink a gallon or water a day drink cranberry extract and eat 3 banana's a day not including other leafy greens for the potassium. Should I just lower my sodium intake? This BP is just getting unbearable...

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    thats kinda gonna happen....increased water and sodium retention leads to increase BP

Yah that's kind of what I figured...but it seems most anything with protein is accompanied with tons of sodium...not sure what to do at this juncture. I guess I'll have to just suck it up. I had a friend say his dad used to take dbols way back when and he recently went into Congestive heart failure from it...I'm 23 so I guess no worries about that?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    your bp is high, & hr too. Did you get any blood work test before you started? How long is your cycle? If its long just make sure you monitor it daily.Its not real high just stage 1 hypertension. Best watch diet & sodium. Drink no alcohol, get a message to relieve stress/tension. good luck

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    i don't believe that its high enough to warrant having to take any atenolol. like bluethunder stated, just try to do activities that will help you relax (meditation, listening to music, etc) or try to even do things that will get your mind off of feeling your heart beat. i used to get random bouts of idiopathic tachycardia for no reason (150s-160s) and most of the time i would just have to wait it out. i would just play video games or such so that i would get my focus off of my heart pounding in my chest. it seemed to help. by the time i'd remember about my heart, everything would've subsided.

its difficult to determine whether there is a direct link between your friend's dad taking dbols and ultimately developing CHF. the type of CHF most adults are diagnosed with is due to chronic diseases (such as uncontrolled hypertension) or due to acute events (such as a heart attack). i doubt you're at any risk for CHF right now but it is wise to get a professional on board with you as soon as possible even if it probably is as a result of your use of anabolics.

if you do notice a sharp spike (like from 140s to 200 or above systolic) in your blood pressure or if you start to have any symptoms such as blurred vision, severe headaches, chest pain, swelling in your extremities, loss of balance, nausea, vomiting, or notice that you're not pissing as much as usua you should seek immediate help becuase you may be having a hypertensive emergency. the typical cutoff for hypertensive emergency is 220 systolic or 140 diastolic. the typical cutoff for hypertensive urgency is 180 systolic or 110 diastolic. the reason for seeking medical help with blood pressures above those ranges is that organ damage (kidneys, eyes, brain, heart) may occur above these thresholds. we tend to frown upon organ damage.
    Last edited by sinista63; 07-20-2004 at 05:03 PM.

Ok I guess I was just a little high for the day...I just took it and it's 134/82 and my HR is 85...that seems to be where it's staying. Nonetheless coupled with Panic attacks like a mutha I was seriously considering taking some atenelol to get it down. Is there any interaction concerns with AS and BP medications that anyone knows of?

Yah it isn't bad when I'm sitting playing SWG at my computer...but when I stand it hits like 170 over 100 and my HR jumps to 100 or so...Oh well thank you all so much for the responses it has really helped calm my nerves.

Well I think I may be getting sick or something...I just took my temp and it's 100.5 and my lower back aches...lol this sucks.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Are you using Anti-e's? You should be using Nolvadex and Arimidex as well to keep the water off.

Quote Originally Posted by mark956101957
    Are you using Anti-e's? You should be using Nolvadex and Arimidex as well to keep the water off.
    Yep usuing nolva 10mg ed. I usually have VERY low BP too...like 108/50ish and my HR when I'm off cycle is usually around 55 to 65 when I sleep.

being sick could be a reason for it. also, when you stand your BP is probably dropping which causes your heart to compensate by increasing output (reason why your hr goes to 100 or above). could you do a comparison of your BP standing vs. sitting?
    Last edited by sinista63; 07-20-2004 at 05:11 PM.

i should say sitting vs. standing. take your bp sitting first, then take it standing up afterwards. see if there is a significant drop between the two values.

i don't know of any drug interactions between atenolol and AAS. but that doesn't mean there might not be any. could anyone else shed some light on this if they know otherwise?

Sitting: 134/79 HR 91
    Standin (Wait 10 second to normalize a bit): 155/91 HR 101

ok... well atleast it doesn't seem like you might be suffering from orthostatic hypotension because you'd see a drop of about 20 or more mmHg when going from sitting to standing. also, the amount your HR increases when standing falls within "normal". its just that your baseline HR is on the high side so its easier for an increase to put you over 100 bpm. it is interesting to see an increase of 21 mmHg in systolic pressure and 12 mmHg in diastolic when standing. the typical response is a slight drop followed by a slight increase in pressure over what was recorded when standing. mention it to your MD when you see him to see if he has any thoughts on that.

does anyone have any ideas on the increase in BP that is seen when he stands? is this something that happens in people on AAS?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe you should take bp readings sitting relaxed a few minutes. Keeping the cuff roughly equal to your heart level. BP will flucuate daily hr to hr, 134/79 no bad enough to warrant meds. Like sinister said just watch out for those side/symptoms he eluded to

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    I believe you should take bp readings sitting relaxed a few minutes. Keeping the cuff roughly equal to your heart level. BP will flucuate daily hr to hr, 134/79 no bad enough to warrant meds. Like sinister said just watch out for those side/symptoms he eluded to
    yep... exactly. BP is very dynamic. taking a measurement is like seeing one frame of a motion picture.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    If you are that worried about it take the Atenolol but that stuff makes me a zombie. High Blood Pressure does its damage over years and years, temporary elevated blood pressure isnt very dangerous unless you are diabetic.

Ok one last question...I have some moderately painful lower back pain with all of this. Is that what back pumps are? Is that normal? Thanks again all!

is it just a dull aching pain that is there regardless of what you do? does it seem to get worse with movement?

Quote Originally Posted by sinista63
    is it just a dull aching pain that is there regardless of what you do? does it seem to get worse with movement?
    The ache seems to be the same most all the time. I tried tapping my kidneys to see if pain would accrue and I didn't feel any pain really. The pain gets better when I lay flat on my back. Not sure what the deal is but it has become worse and worse throughout the day...lol this is turning out to be one shi**y day.

lol if that weren't enough ( I swear this is all just coming) the right lymph node in my neck hurts like hell. It is swollen and painful to touch.

Who knows what's goin on with me today.

**** dude.... you're falling apart!!.. lol.... um, the only worry i would have is the combination of back pain with the elevated temp... the swollen lymph node doesn't help the situation either. could be some type of UTI... perhaps even pyelonephritis. any changes in urination?

**** dude.... you're falling apart!!.. lol.... um, the only worry i would have is the combination of back pain with the elevated temp... the swollen lymph node doesn't help the situation either. could be some type of UTI... perhaps even pyelonephritis. any changes in urination?
    My temp is staying around 99.5 ish so it really isn't bad...I feel much worse than that though

My urine output hasn't increased really at all.

good... well.. at least the fact that you're not peeing more. see the doc for the hypertension. and keep an eye on your temp and any changes in urination. things to look for are changes in urine color, cloudiness, blood in the urine, and if you starting pissing more frequently. hypertension may in and of itself be one of the symptoms of pyelonephritis. thats my best advice for now. let me know if you have any other questions.

good... well.. at least the fact that you're not peeing more. see the doc for the hypertension. and keep an eye on your temp and any changes in urination. things to look for are changes in urine color, cloudiness, blood in the urine, and if you starting pissing more frequently. hypertension may in and of itself be one of the symptoms of pyelonephritis. thats my best advice for now. let me know if you have any other questions.
    Well I found out what all the problems were...lol...my wisdom tooth is impacted and infected. It was causing the high BP and HR as well as the swollen lymph node in my neck. Not to mention the temp. Who knows why my back was hurting but it isn't anymore...lol that's for helping dude.

Needless to say I won't be injecting tonight as I need to go in for surgery. Oh well it was fun while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Footballman81
    Well I found out what all the problems were...lol...my wisdom tooth is impacted and infected. It was causing the high BP and HR as well as the swollen lymph node in my neck. Not to mention the temp. Who knows why my back was hurting but it isn't anymore...lol that's for helping dude.

Needless to say I won't be injecting tonight as I need to go in for surgery. Oh well it was fun while it lasted.
    wow... well at least you found the source... good luck with that man

wow... well at least you found the source... good luck with that man
    So I got the tooth out yesterday...and let me say that that AS and getting a tooth pulled sucks BAD. I was bleeding like a stuck pig all day and now almost 24 hours later I'm still bleeding. lol be careful if you have any major procedures to do while on AS it's not fun.

Thread Information