Eddie8 is offline Associate Member

Stopping knee pain with GH

Saw my "Hormone Replacement" doc the other day and he said that he has been experimenting with himself and some patients that have knee pain. He is treating by injecting GH directly into the knee joint. He claims to be having amazing results in the relief of pain and he thinks it might be helping to heal minor damage. He says that the knee joint is kind of encapsulated and the GH stays is the joint for some time before getting absorbed by the body. Thought this might be worth a try for those with knee pain, which eventually will probably be all of us. LOL

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    i can see how it helps, GH does after all help to repair muscle i thought?

but im weary of GH due to the fact that long term sides are unknown

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by map200uk
    i can see how it helps, GH does after all help to repair muscle i thought?

but im weary of GH due to the fact that long term sides are unknown
    It helps repair tendons,not muscle tissue.And why would you be leary of a natural hormone in the body such as HGH.You take TEST don't you?Men are on HRT which includes HGH.Docs seem to feel it's safe,or theu wouldn't put men on it for the rest of thier lives.Same goes for small doses of Test on HRT.

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    yea, i understand what you mean, and at small doses it could be ok, but im not sure what dose would be considered unsafe, just i read that the long term effects of synthetically produced GH hadnt been fully discovered yet.

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    It helps repair tendons,not muscle tissue.And why would you be leary of a natural hormone in the body such as HGH.You take TEST don't you?Men are on HRT which includes HGH.Docs seem to feel it's safe,or theu wouldn't put men on it for the rest of thier lives.Same goes for small doses of Test on HRT.
    but just remember that HRT in women was thought of as being safe until the Women's Health Initiative study was abrubtly halted due to its findings. just because doc's are prescribing the stuff now doesn't mean its necessarily benign.

I believe it was Sir William Osler who said that we should use every new drug while it is still effective.

Casanova33 is offline Associate Member
    to back up sinista. just because they prescribe it now doesn't mean they will in the future. my uncle was prescibed anadrol 50 in 1982 when he was a senior in highschool for the sole reason that he wanted to get big to play college football. he got it from his normal doctor.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sinista63
    but just remember that HRT in women was thought of as being safe until the Women's Health Initiative study was abrubtly halted due to its findings. just because doc's are prescribing the stuff now doesn't mean its necessarily benign.

I believe it was Sir William Osler who said that we should use every new drug while it is still effective.
    When was the last case of a testosterone induced death that was prescribed by a doc in a low dose?Please bare in mind,testosterone has been around for awhile,granted the way HGH is made now,is quite different from the past.Haven't seen anyone drop dead from cadvor HGH made way back when,so I can't forsee anyone dropping dead from the way they are making it now.If it should happen,you'll see ppl dropping like flies then..but I truly doubt it will.
    Can't debate you on womens HRT,because I know nothing about it.

Don't quite get the contradicting remark you made in reference to William osler.

If I am not mistaken I believe that the GH being made today is genetically equivalent to the GH that we produce. I think it is grown from mammalian DNA so it is nothing like the synthetic GH that was messing people up several years back. I think that scientists would consider it the safest anabolic that we can take, but I don’t really know so I could be way off here. As far as the A-50 mentioned, I would guess with the high sides that it produces that it is several chains away from anything occurring naturally in our bodies. Well, I "think" a lot of Sh*t but I don’t "know" anything for sure so somebody please help me out here. By the way the doc says he is injecting about 10 to 15 IU into the knee.

Interesting....they gave everyone D-bol back in the 70s in my high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Casanova33
    to back up sinista. just because they prescribe it now doesn't mean they will in the future. my uncle was prescibed anadrol 50 in 1982 when he was a senior in highschool for the sole reason that he wanted to get big to play college football. he got it from his normal doctor.

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    When was the last case of a testosterone induced death that was prescribed by a doc in a low dose?Please bare in mind,testosterone has been around for awhile,granted the way HGH is made now,is quite different from the past.Haven't seen anyone drop dead from cadvor HGH made way back when,so I can't forsee anyone dropping dead from the way they are making it now.If it should happen,you'll see ppl dropping like flies then..but I truly doubt it will.
    Can't debate you on womens HRT,because I know nothing about it.

Don't quite get the contradicting remark you made in reference to William osler.
    you definitely have a point. i have not seen anyone drop dead from testosterone or HGH. i just wonder if we'll see any long-term negative effects once HRT in men becomes more common place. yes... i have seen some of the data coming out stating that low-dose HRT in men may be beneficial but much of the same occurred in women receiving estrogens post-menopause until larger, longer-term trials were undertaken. i just feel that it is still too soon to make a conclusion that this type of replacement is necessarily safe in the long-term just because MDs are prescribing it. I am not against HRT in men and can't say that its unsafe either. we just don't know at this point.

i kinda thought that the quote from Osler would look contradictory. it is simply a statement concerning the nature of medicine. we use a lot of medicines and therapies that may not necessarily be effective or better than older versions we already have. with time these deficiencies are unearthed. it is not necessarily that the new drug lost its efficacy... it never really had it in the first place. you could say it was more of a joke on the part of Osler.

scottvette is offline New Member
    Well it might help. I had 3 knee ops one with a Acl recon. I'll tell you one thing... dont try it yourself. I had so many needles in my knee and every time it hurt like helll, and that was a othropedic surgeon sticking it in, I'd never try this one at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

letmein is offline Associate Member

Stopping knee pain with GH

[QUOTE=sinista63]you definitely have a point. i have not seen anyone drop dead from testosterone or HGH. i just wonder if we'll see any long-term negative effects once HRT in men becomes more common place.QUOTE]

The big difference today is bloodwork. My mother went on HRT in the 70's and her gynocologist prescribed estrogen without blood work. Sides happen and the doc tells her to back off a bit. I am on HRT at 41 and I had to adjust my Cypionate dose by extending frenquency from 7 to 10 days because my levels were 1100 vrs. 1000. I take T-Cyp, GH, Arimidex , and T-3 via a measured and re-measured script. Had my mom's doc tested here he might have found that progesterone was the issue. Don't compare historical synthetic HRT that are mothers did with Bio identical HRT today. There is no comparison.

BTW I realize that Cyp is synthetic. Prop is bio-identical but I am not willing to be a pin cushion and the gels won't get me to the top of my range.

HRT rocks 6'1" 218 at 8% maintainable!

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    yea my left knee is shot. After 5 yrs of Tae Kwon Do I had to have the minicus(cartiledge) removed. Now as time goes on its popping. Theres a reason my legs are not up to par as I cannot do squats heavy. I only do partials at 400lbs with knee wraps. It helps my strength but not mass.. Then I drop down to 135lbs for 10 deep seated reps only. If $ was not a issue I would inject into knee too..

rborwn77 is offline Associate Member
    dOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS WOULD HELP REPAIR THE TENDONS IN MY SHOULDER ??IF I SPOT INJECTED IT THERE
    SORRY TO HIJACK THE THREAD

joe_capone is offline Member
    no. dont try anything stupid lol. go talk to ur doc.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    If $ was not a issue I would inject into knee too..
    Same for me

Quote Originally Posted by RussianVodka
    Same for me
    At six bucks per unit at 10 units that is only $60 plus a trip to the doc for the injection.

Thread Information