sceptic13 is offline New Member

Clenbuterol & Ephedrine TOGETHER....Is this wise?

I know traditionaly people alternate Clenbuterol and Ephedrine 2 days or 2 weeks on/off. Is there any sound medical reason why you shouldnt run both together or is it just that running both is no more effective than one at a time? I know that they are both stimulants but do they work in the same way? Any advice is appreciated coz I've been advised to run both together by an experienced competitor to keep my weight loss going and I dont want to drop carbs further yet and am saving T3 till last 4 weeks of preparation.

Myosin is offline New Member
    - Clen will shut down beta adrenergic receptors in a few weeks even if you alternate 2 on 2 off.
    It's not that fat loss is mediated only via beta receptors, but they are the most important. If you have problem zones (increased fat accumulation = lots of alpha receptors), avoid clen.
    - Ephedrine alone will have increasing effect (T3) over the course of 12 weeks.
    - To shut down receptors with clen and decrease effects of ephedrine is not the best policy. I woldn't mix the two. Wait with clen and save it for the last 4 weeks when you will use T3. Don't forget to take lots of taurine (3 - 4 g/day) and Na, K with clen and T3. Studies are showing that increased intake of NA and K can increase persons BMR (Na-K pump require 10% - 30% of total energy that cells consume).

Of course, you could simultanously take some antihistamines but that is another story.

The ultimate cross-bridge
    Last edited by Myosin; 07-22-2004 at 04:39 AM.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    How would that another story go?

Myosin is offline New Member
    Antihistamines (ciproheptadine, ketotifen) inhibit the shuting down of beta adrenergic receptors. This way you can use clen for around 6 weeks without a breake, in 2 on 2 off fashion even longer (12 weeks). There are however 2 downsides:
    - you will feel sleepy because of antihistamines
    - your heart won't be the happiest organ in your body. Prolonged clen usage is shown to damage heart muscle (collagen formation)

Dosing:
    - ciproheptadine 3 x 8 mg or
    - ketotifen 2 x 2 - 3 mg

I hope that helps.

The ultimate cross-bridge

Thread Information