HollywoodM3 is offline Member

CLEN and taurine

is it really necessary to use taurine with clen , I was just reading in the educational threads that without the use of taurine t4 wont convert to t3, I have been using t3 and clen in the 7/5 split. am I loosing out on any benefits should I pick up some taurine??

Thanks

HM

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    I have never used taurine....still got good results

HollywoodM3 is offline Member
    Thanks bro,
    glad to hear that...

The main reason BBrs use Taurine is to avoid cramping. This is for the same reason that electrolytes are recommended during clen use.

You will probably be fine if you decide not to take it; however, note that Taurine is an essential amino acid that has it roles in normal function of the body, so it is advised that it should be taken during clen use (I guess avoiding cramping could be considered one of these).

Scientists think muscle fatigue and nerve excitability are causes of muscle cramps. Deficits in sodium, potassium and water may contribute to cramps. New research suggests that decreases in the amino acid taurine may also play a role. Taurine helps stabilize cell membranes and prevent nerves from becoming over-excited. Some studies show that giving taurine supplements relieves painful muscle cramps. Japanese researchers found that the longer rats exercised, the more taurine they lost from their muscles. (Med. Sci. Sports, 34: 793-797, 2002)--this tiny bit of research can be attributed to Party Boy of MuscleTalk.co.uk

"Taurine is a key component of bile, needed for the digestion of fats and the absorption of fat-soluable vitamins. It is also necessary for the control of serum cholesterol levels and works against fatty degeneration of the liver. Epilepsy, anxiety, hyperactivity, and poor brain function are related to a taurine deficiency."

It is also known to protect the brain, especially if it becomes dehydrated.

http://www.thewayup.com/newsletters/011500.htm
    http://www.naturalopinion.com/nmp/nmp4/Taurine.htm

rborwn77 is offline Associate Member
    I read one guy did not take it and he ended up in the E.R. f--- that
    why would u not take it??? It is only like 10-15 bucks.My policy is better safe than sorry

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    Search for "clen and taurine". Its a thread I made a few weeks ago. Rambo and einstein replied to it with research. "Its either use taurine or loose an organ" -rambo

Quote Originally Posted by rborwn77
    I read one guy did not take it and he ended up in the E.R. f--- that
    why would u not take it??? It is only like 10-15 bucks.My policy is better safe than sorry
    I got 50 1g tabs for only 3 bucks

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Bro, I missed my Taurine last night, and while I was doing abs I got the worst cramp imaginable. IT IS VITAL YOU NEED TAURINE.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I took taurine just for the side effects sake so the cramps would be bareble if I got any. But I still got those fuc*ing cramps, fuc* they hurt. Taurine did absoloutely nothing for me. Fuc* taurine, it can go and jump of a cliff :/.

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    I took taurine just for the side effects sake so the cramps would be bareble is I got any. But I still got those ****nnn cramps, fuc* they hurt. Taurine did absoloutely nothing for me. Fuc* taurine, it can go and jump of a cliff :/.
    I'm on clen right now and I've been taking 5g of taurine and 400mg of potassium and I have only had one VERY MINOR cramp in my leg that lasted for a few seconds. And im almost done with the first 2 weeks btw.

Yeah I took potassium too, how much clen did you end up taking?

Yeah I took potassium too, how much clen did you end up taking?
    Highest I went up to was 140mcg. Was just my first cycle so I didnt want to overdo it. I got plenty of shakes though. I have my cycle in the cycle section.

Maybe I over exadurated a bit. The carmps didnt come too often, not as much as I thought they would, but when the cramps hit me, they hit me hard

Maybe I over exadurated a bit. The carmps didnt come too often, not as much as I thought they would, but when the cramps hit me, they hit me hard
    **** bro

Ohh well doesnt matter, all tha pain and the cramps is alllll for a good cause haha

Ohh well doesnt matter, all tha pain and the cramps is alllll for a good cause haha
    haha for sure

Quote Originally Posted by invid
    Search for "clen and taurine". Its a thread I made a few weeks ago. Rambo and einstein replied to it with research. "Its either use taurine or loose an organ" -rambo
    Thats some scary s***. I knew it was an essential amino, but losing an organ just isn't something I plan on doing anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefCakeStew
    Thats some scary s***. I knew it was an essential amino, but losing an organ just isn't something I plan on doing anytime soon.
    Yes same here. 5g of taurine/day for me!

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    A lot of you guys seem to like tuarine.....allow me to play devil's advocate for a moment then. Tuarine may be an essential amino acid, but from what I understnad your body produces it, plus you usually get enough of it in your diet.....someone correct me if I am wrong there. IMO you don't need to supplement taurine

This info was taken from a very knowledgeable bro named Big Cat. here is the link, you can find the info towards the bottem: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bigcat5.htm

Excerpt of relavance:

"It has come to my attention that some people have been adding taurine to their diets to decrease cramping from clenbuterol or other beta-adrenergic agonists. Whether or not there is any merit to this, I really don't know. I haven't seen any data one way or the other. I assume there must be some truth to the rumour or people wouldn't be doing it. Then again...

Regardless however, supplementing extra taurine during a diet is not advisable. It is indeed true that beta-adrenergic agonists like clenbuterol and ephedrine will reduce taurine levels, no question about it. But did anyone ever stop to think that maybe this has a reason? Your protein intake should stay the same, roughly, which means that these compounds are actively reducing taurine levels.

If anyone had bothered to look these things up for a few seconds they would have known it is with good reason. Taurine may inhibit fat loss in different ways. First of all it will increase insulin sensitivity. I didn't even need to state that, it has been used in supplements with varying success for that exact same reason. If we know that many effective fat loss aids work primarily by lowering insulin resistance (Growth hormone , noradrenaline, etc), we already know this is not a bright idea.

This lowers the threshold at which glycogen is stored again. This will increase chance of gaining fat during cheat days due to enhanced sensitivity of fat cells to insulin, and limit fat lost on dieting days since the extra stored glycogen will have to be burned again before you start burning fat again.

This is however the least of your concerns. Taurine is also known to reduce Thyroid levels. Studies have demonstrated that a high platelet level of taurine will reduce T3:T4 ratio in men. This would slow down your metabolic rate, meaning you use less calories than you would otherwise. Obviously this will result in less fat lost for the same amount of calories eaten.

Taurine may also reduce cAMP production in certain animals. The extrapolation in this case is a far fetch, but something I would like to see tested in humans. Since the cAMP acts as a second messenger in the process of lipolysis, the process of releasing fatty acids from their glycerol backbone, making them available for burning, this will reduce the amount of fat released and consequently the amount of fat burned.

This all fits nicely into the picture that free form amino acids should not be frequently used on a diet. As with carbohydrates, quickly absorbed sources create higher peak levels that also decline faster. This almost always leads to a favourable situation for a lower metabolism.

When dieting you will opt for carbohydrate sources that absorb slower, so they have less of an effect on factors influencing food intake. The same holds true for protein. You should opt for protein sources with a more anti-catabolic character, that release slower, such as casein. "

Haber CA, Lam TK, Yu Z, Gupta N, Goh T, Bogdanovic E, Giacca A, Fantus IG. N-acetylcysteine and taurine prevent hyperglycemia-induced insulin resistance in vivo: possible role of oxidative stress. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2003 Oct; 285(4): E744-53. Epub 2003 Jun 10.

Baskin SI, Klekotka SJ, Kendrick ZV, Bartuska DG. Correlation of platelet taurine levels with thyroid function. J Endocrinol Invest. 1979 Jul-Sep; 2(3): 245-9.

Hayakawa Y, Downer RG, Bodnaryk RP. Taurine inhibits octopamine-stimulated cAMP production.. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1987 Jun 15; 929(1): 117-20.

To summarzie: Tuarine can inhibit fatloss.

urban, I know your just playing Devil's Advocate to spark discussion. But you should you should check out Invid's thread:
    Clen and Taurine

Its sorta ironic that you posted that thread.

Edit: Even the thread titles are identical to this one. This calls for a smiley but not sure which one to use, so Ill go with the

Quote Originally Posted by BeefCakeStew
    urban, I know your just playing Devil's Advocate to spark discussion. But you should you should check out Invid's thread:
    Clen and Taurine

Its sorta ironic that you posted that thread.
    LOL seriously...

LOL seriously...

Point taken, but if you are going to take shots at someone, my advice is.......Don't, or I'll tell your mommy that you are using clen
    http://67.18.108.244/showthread.php?t=111224

And I actually got that from reading the article on the BB.com website, not from that thread, I had never seen it before until now.
    Last edited by UrbanLegend; 07-22-2004 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    Point taken, but if you are going to take shots at someone, my advice is.......Don't, or I'll tell your mommy that you are using clen
    http://67.18.108.244/showthread.php?t=111224

And I actually got that from reading the article on the BB.com website, not from that thread, I had never seen it before until now.
    I wasnt taking a shot at you. Just pointing out how ignorant you can be.

I wasnt taking a shot at you. Just pointing out how ignorant you can be.

Because I hadn't read a thread? Its not like you posted it earlier in this thread, and I have other things to do besides post on this board......So forgive me for not knowing the content of every thread that goes up on AR

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    Because I hadn't read a thread? Its not like you posted it earlier in this thread, and I have other things to do besides post on this board......So forgive me for not knowing the content of every thread that goes up on AR
    What happened hear . Urban, I thought is was ironic because you found the article by coincidence. I didn't suspect you read the thread because you would have mentioned it if you had. It was supposed to be humorous.

Thread Information