Thread: Stretch Marks

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member

Stretch Marks

What actually causes them? I have a friend who is about to go on his first cycle but now is worried if he is going to get strech marks. He is pretty skinny, low body fat. But in general, how do you get them????? (and what can you do to prevent them) thanks guys

simplyjakked is offline Member
    its from growing and stretching the skin. i got them when i was natural and packed on 30lbs in a couple months.

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    to prevent them , use creams, have a lot of showers someone said, tanning can help
    and coca something, some reason i think butter but i may be wrong

to me stretch marks are no big deal, they may look bad, but its a sign of progress

i just did a search and alot of people are saying its genetic....? and the best way to try and prevent them is by rubbing vit E or cocoa butter on your self. I might start doing that before i go to bed or something.... i dont want that $hit....

styles-money is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by map200uk
    to prevent them , use creams, have a lot of showers someone said, tanning can help

to me stretch marks are no big deal, they may look bad, but its a sign of progress
    There is such thing as a cocoa butter cream/lotion, but I've never heard about it being used to prevent stretch marks...

Quote Originally Posted by map200uk

its like butta baby!!! thats true, it really isnt a big deal!! i got the reconst surgery on my shoulder so it looks like i have it anyway

bigordie is offline Member
    coca butter is used to help break down the apperance of scar tissue, but the best thing out there by far is pure vitamin E oil, i had blew my knee out and used E oil on the scar and it is bairly noticeable now

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    cocoa butter wont prevent it but it might minimize it its not genetic either anyone gets bigger whether its muscle or fat will get stretch marks just like pregnant woman get it on their belly my wife got it bad but she got surgery done to repair the skin i got a little around the the front delts pit area it sucks but thats the price u pay tanning conseals it but once u lose the tan its bacccckkkkkkk!!!!!!!!

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    For the record I also heard they are genetic. Ive grown alot in the past year or two and do not have any signs of them. A lot of my friends get them though.

thanks guys

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    simplyjakked... 30 lbs in 2months all natural.... I don't believe it.. not a flame bro just a opinion

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    vitamin e and coco butter....if there bad like mine use some steiva-a recommended by my dermatologist

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    I have them, and started on my first cylce... now im in my second and they are getting pretty bad. I have this stuff called Mederma is a cream that is supposed to work well. My friend used it when she got implants and it helped but mostly took the redness away... so maybe it works. I havent used it yet becuase it looks like im getting some in my bicep and I want it to shine through

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Yea like Mr. Sparkle said Mederma. I have it too but never used it. The down side is it is only 1.76oz cost around $25. You need to apply it 3-4 times a day for atleast 3 months min.

WildOne is offline Junior Member
    Let me get this straight....your friend is contemplating a cycle and now worried about stretchmarks??
    This doesn't seem a little 'fem' to you?
    The LAST thing I would concern myself with was stretchmarks!
    Gain the bulk, THEN worry about skin blemishes.....

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    Stretch marks happen when the tissue under the skin is pulled by rapid growth or stretching. Although the skin is usually fairly elastic, when it's overstretched, the normal production of collagen (the major protein that makes up the connective tissue in your skin) is disrupted. As a result, scars called stretch marks may form.

Get_Vascular7 is offline New Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    simplyjakked... 30 lbs in 2months all natural.... I don't believe it.. not a flame bro just a opinion

i also kinda find that hard to believe natural, i'd love to know how you did that?!?!

Senior_FKG is offline Associate Member
    I love my stretch marks...i know they are ugly, but to me they show me where i was, and how i got to where i am. Its like a badge of courage, or just mile stones in my workout/bodybuilding career. Just don't worry about them, i know kids that juice and have no stretch marks..its all about that particular person, if he is skinny though, he should expect a few

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    I also got them while I was natural, like 4 years ago, on my shoulders and armpits! They get a bit bigger while on cycle which I don't understand! I'm suplementing with zinc now coz I heard it should help! The only thing that pisses me off is they are red, they've been that way for 4 years! I've used a ton of stuff on them, but nothing works, waste of maney IMO...........if they weren't red I couldn't care less!They don't bother me as much as they used to though....

ENERGY is offline New Member
    You Feed Your Muscles - Now Feed Your Skin!™
    DMark™ has been scientifically engineered to help minimize the appearance of stretch marks, caused by muscle hypertrophy and rapid weight fluctuation. Formulated with a powerful blend of Cocoa Butter, Sunflower Seed Oil, Aloe Vera and Vitamins A & E, DMark™ effectively conditions the skin, leaving it feeling smooth and healthy looking.

Nothing Could Be More Convenient
    Unlike using messy creams or impractical oil capsules, Pharmathletica's solid stick technology allows for a quick and easy application, making DMark™ the perfect gym bag companion for today's athlete on the go.

Available at fine health food stores and gyms across North America.

Link: http://www.pharmathletica.com/products.htm

Greetz

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyHitter
    What actually causes them? I have a friend who is about to go on his first cycle but now is worried if he is going to get strech marks. He is pretty skinny, low body fat. But in general, how do you get them????? (and what can you do to prevent them) thanks guys
    Someone said not to worry about them until you are over 220 lbs... well lets say I was doing my weights in the garage and not really hitting my delts, traps and upper shoulders all that well - until March when I started the most recent cycle. In March I joined a real gym because I outgrew the garage machine and weight set and ever since my delts, pecs, traps, etc have REALLY developed. Well I am under 190 lbs and my first set stretch marks have formed right at the forward crease where delt meets pecs. My skin is generally tight but I think what really rips the skin is the pumps I get when working out. I think its mostly from when your muscle is in a fast growth spurt and its happening faster then the skin can grow/expand to accommodate it.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bor
    I also got them while I was natural, like 4 years ago, on my shoulders and armpits! They get a bit bigger while on cycle which I don't understand! I'm suplementing with zinc now coz I heard it should help! The only thing that pisses me off is they are red, they've been that way for 4 years! I've used a ton of stuff on them, but nothing works, waste of maney IMO...........if they weren't red I couldn't care less!They don't bother me as much as they used to though....
    Mine are fresh... just got the scab off where want ripped enough to bleed a little... now they look white like an abscense of tan but I think thats because its fresh wound right now.

willlem is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by thejuiceisloose
    Stretch marks happen when the tissue under the skin is pulled by rapid growth or stretching. Although the skin is usually fairly elastic, when it's overstretched, the normal production of collagen (the major protein that makes up the connective tissue in your skin) is disrupted. As a result, scars called stretch marks may form.

this is part of truth though,

reality is it happens when endogene hormone production gets unbalanced
    part of it also has to do with sugar blood level

(puberty, AS, pregnancy,.. all include violent changes)

basically its skin-protein wich is converted into energy, to feed a more important part of the body (brain,..) when in lack of energy, during hard times ( working out severely, growing, etc..)

( the skin-protein is 'taken' from its place and converted in glucose, its kinda a survivor-reflex)

keep glucose-levels steady and balanced during workout i'd say, and check on ur Test& Hgh-levels, should do it

Thread Information