scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member

2 wks into cycle and found out i have strep throat, need some help

aight bro's,
    went to the dr. yesterday and found out i have strep throat. i'm 2 wks into my prop, en, and winny cycle and feel i may need to be easy with the weights so i can recover quicker. the dr. told me to take today off from work so, consequently, i will not be lifting today. he also injected about 4cc's of anti-biotics into my ass so hopefully these will start kickin in. any advice on what to do and how easy to be with the training would be much appreciated.

ST54

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Maintain your cycle...and rest a few days. Go light at the gym afterwards until things get straight. Peace

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    thanks for the advice bro, bump for some more info.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    Maintain your cycle...and rest a few days. Go light at the gym afterwards until things get straight. Peace

ditto! or you can cowboy up and stay on the same pace just sleep more.. your choice but i wouldnt quit..

MyBodyIsMyTemple is offline Associate Member
    Off topic kinda, but the doc didnt try to inject the medicine into a spot that just got hit with prop or enant recently di he?

I can only imagine you having to stop him and be like, umm mind doing that in my other glute or my quad lol

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree 3 -4 days away from gym so early in cycle should be fine. Depending on your cycle & goals perhaps you could just do cardio 30 min 55-65% RHT.. Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by scotttiger54
    aight bro's,
    went to the dr. yesterday and found out i have strep throat. i'm 2 wks into my prop, en, and winny cycle and feel i may need to be easy with the weights so i can recover quicker. the dr. told me to take today off from work so, consequently, i will not be lifting today. he also injected about 4cc's of anti-biotics into my ass so hopefully these will start kickin in. any advice on what to do and how easy to be with the training would be much appreciated.

ST54
    Stay on. I know your throat hurts, but dont forget to get your calories. Eat MRP's, Protein Shakes, Cream of Wheat, and all the other clean liquid food that will help keep your cals up--this will help. If I remember right, the last time I was sick with strep I bounced back like a rubberband when I got some antibiotics. Just be careful when you first start feeling better because you dont want to push your body too hard when you still might have some infection in your body--dont risk getting sick all over again.

I would take a few days off to get better, start light, and get plenty of rest. You should be feeling like a champ in no time.

Thread Information