NATTY is offline Associate Member

Z Track Injection Technique

I recently switched from insulin pins to 25g needles and I've noticed a couple things. First, it is a lot more difficult to pierce the skin with the 25g. And also I have been losing more oil from the injection site then I was with the slin pins. I never used to lose any, or very rarely a minimal amount would leak out, now it it every time I inject im losing oil and its kinda pissing me off. Could someone explain the z-track incjection techinque to me as I think this minimizes the oil lost. Thanks for any help fella's.

Pull the skin tight over the area to be injected....after the injection, let go of the skin, which will recoil over the needle's path and block the "spillage" of oil. You can also do a reverse Z track and just pull the skin over the injection site after you withdraw the needle.....clotting occurs rapidly, so you need not hold it for more than a minute

Thanks alot bro, so just to clarify When you say pull the skin tight do you mean spread the skin apart and then poke, inject and then let go of the tightened skin? Sorry bro, just need a little clarification, def not your fault Thanks again for the help!

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NATTY
    Thanks alot bro, so just to clarify When you say pull the skin tight do you mean spread the skin apart and then poke, inject and then let go of the tightened skin? Sorry bro, just need a little clarification, def not your fault Thanks again for the help!
    pull it to the side so that when you let go the skin springs back over the injection site.

form a X section it looks like a Z hence the name

do a google you will find pics and even movies on it

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NATTY
    I'm getting horny with this kind of talk
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Thanks fella's, Im gonna do a google search now

Thread Information