flexshack is offline Member

Unhappy new laws regarding mail order roids

i recently heard about some new [U.S.] laws issued in order to prevent terrorist drug dealing to the U.S. what struck me was the change they made to western union. i heard that they were going to make w.u. money orders traceable now! whereas before, they weren't. they realized that the terrorists in the middle east were using w.u. money orders to get money for their drugs without being traced. now, i do not know how true this is, but it did give me a scare. i just wanted to see if anyone else heard about this? just looking out for my cyber family.
    flex

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Oh shit, that sounds bad, very bad. And knowing Canada, they will probably do it first.

By the way, are you sure they couldn't trace it before? I mean, I think if the police were to go W.U. and tell them they need someone's name, would W.U. have to give it to them?

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I didn't hear of this yet. But I don't doubt it. I wonder what kind of info WU is going to want when placeing a transfer. Probably Drivers License # or something.
    This sucks.....

M

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    For orders over $1000.00 using WU you have to give some I.D like Driver's license etc...it's bogus but I have no trouble sending money through WU...after all I don't do anything illegal right

Gear101 is offline Member
    mallet right when you talk about terroist, you talking big money, the febs aren't going to look at ever little $3000.00 that jumping the pond.. they're looking for a couple of million.. and one other thing... when you order overseas misspell the word like....De ca or te st cy or wi nny leave a blank in the midddle so the feds can't use there searches on them.... just a thought

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Yeah this scares me to, but anything is traceble now a days. It is a crap shoot in my opinion. If WU does start enforcing this like ID or having ways to tracing money transfers, then suppliers will have to find a better way to get money to them. Money orders and such. Personally the only way I see that they can trace someone now is if you use your real name and such. I mean I am sure if they did a handwritting analysys they could pin it on you, but if they really want to get you they will. Fed's have ways of getting people. I think the key here is to keep a low profile be smart. I of course don't have to worry about things like that, cause I like everyone else on this board, do nothing of the sort!

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    I so hope that this is not true. Please not yet. Give me 2 more months please.

FUCKEN TERRORISTS. Fuck shit up for everyone. Damn it.

brad13kpu is offline Junior Member
    Why are you all so worried about western union knowing your real name? All you are doing is sending money and that is not illegal. If the feds want to get you they surely don't need western union info to do it.

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Brad.

If the feds can trace the money then they will find your source. If they find your source then you will not get your gear.

brad13kpu is offline Junior Member
    Ok I understand.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    well,
    i just sent some funds w.u. and online at that..... and no problems or anything out of the ordinary. no extra questions or problems.

peace bb79

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    They do that since a long time depending on the amount sent.

Two weeks ago I sent some money to the UK and I had the stupidity to wear an IRA Tshirt, well she asked millions questions, copies my ID cards, check if I was in the phone book yadda yadda yfaa!!!!

righton is offline Senior Member
    Oh ya, well some of the Winn- Dixies (Safeways to my x-fellow canucks) down here ask for ID for EVERY W/U transaction. Regardless of how small!! Especially the ones in the hoods.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Hmmmmm . . . Is this anecdotal?

I haven't heard of any new laws regarding the requirement of ID for the purchase of a money order. (Hey, Flex, if you have any specific information or citations, could you post them?)

In the meantime, remember that Western Union is not the only source for money orders. If it's a standard money order you need, just head down to the local 7-11 or convenience store, which will often have money orders from non-W.U. companies.

For what it's worth, I just picked up a M.O. from a Circle K store recently - no I.D. check was performed, but it was for a whopping $10.00. (Yeah, I'm a big spender.) Paradoxically, it was to order a copy of my criminal record report from the state police, which does not accept personal checks. (And no, I have no criminal record, but I'm in a profession that requires annual criminal record checks. But thanks for wondering. )

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    actually i work with western union orders everyday to be honest..i haven't heard of this law buttt...every western union order can be traced using the money transfer control number, hope this helps a little bit

Mr. Trenton is offline Associate Member
    I don't you have anything to worry about. I sent almost $500 through WU about 2 weeks ago and everything worked out fine, and I got my shit, so I only think you have to worry if you're sending over $1000.

Mr. Trenton

john1 is offline New Member

Talking

Not too much to worry about, feds wont do shit with domestic orders of anabolics, if you order a few cycles here and there they're most likely not to give a shit. Its the big mofo orders they're searching for. Save your worries for something else, i say dont sweat it.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    In regards to Money orders, you know have to give the persons first and last name and the bank types it on the order...you can't send them blank or pen in the name yourself. But this has worked in my favour recently...I sent a money order to a guy I know, Xpress post and Canada post lost the letter! they were going to do a trace to try and find the missing letter but they wanted to know everything about me and my friend, like where I burried my mother in law etc.. so I just called up the bank and gave them the info on the money order and bingo they deposited the money back into my account.

Things are going to get a little stickier for a while but I don't think we have anything to worry about!

flexshack is offline Member
    well, this seems like a nebulous topic. i have read all of the replies so far and from what i gathered, we shouldn't really worry too much. as far as citing my sources for TNT, i cannot quite remember where i heard or saw this. i believe it was either a newspaper or the news on tv. this was one of the reasons i posted this question. i am sorry and i will try to find where i had seen it and get back to you if and when i find it. thanks for all the input to all who posted.
    flex

Thread Information