bigjohnr is offline Associate Member

Thumbs up How many weeks should I take off before starting a new cycle

How many weeks should I take off between cycles.
    I am 44 years old and need to be in shape by Nov. 1 and I started a light cycle of deca on March 16th of this year. In May I started with EQ. (400mg) and test ethanet (500 mg.) and stoped the deca. The first week of june I started 4 IU's of HGH per day. Should I take a month off and start again or go straight throught to Nov. 1st and take a few months off at that time?
    Thanks
    Last edited by bigjohnr; 06-25-2004 at 03:10 PM.

widowmaker2 is offline Senior Member
    what r ur doses? what kind of gear d u have now? do you have pct on hand? if your going to stop now i usually take off the same amount of time i was on. i stay on for 6 months out of a year.

kronik is offline Senior Member
    rule of thumb, time on=time off including PCT..

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik
    rule of thumb, time on=time off including PCT..

"RULE OF THUMB!!!.....should have been a rule of wrist"

bigjohnr is offline Associate Member
    I am taking 400 mg of test eth, 400 mg of eq per week and 400 IU's of HGH per day 5 on 2 off and sometimes 6 on 2 off.
    Should I be doing the HGH 5 or 6 days per week?
    I have novaledex, HCG and clomid on hand.
    I don't know what PCT is, what is it?
    Thanks for your help!!!!!

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    PCT, in case you haven't already figured it out, is Post Cycle Therapy (there should be a glossary here somewhere!) If you've got enough Clomid you're set, esp with HCG .

Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    correct...... .Time on = time off (generally)

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnr
    I am taking 400 mg of test eth, 400 mg of eq per week and 400 IU's of HGH per day 5 on 2 off and sometimes 6 on 2 off.
    Should I be doing the HGH 5 or 6 days per week?
    I have novaledex, HCG and clomid on hand.
    I don't know what PCT is, what is it?
    Thanks for your help!!!!!
    PCT = post cycle therapy . I'll cut to the chase. If you dont take time off and run steroid cycles too long, like starting deca last March and then doing one steroid after another all the way thru to November - man you are going to burn your BALLS off and you are going to be sick when you eventually have to quit steroids because your body will be unable to make anymore testosterone . Especially in your 40's or beyond, you can kill off your natural hormone system and this can make you age more, higher risk of cancer, honeycombed bones, etc.

You need to do like steroids no more then 2 months or 10 weeks at a time, then take 10 weeks OFF. During the off time your body needs help restarting your natural hormone system, this is where you use clomid. You wait until 2 weeks after your final injection and begin clomid. I was just reading that it is JUST as effective to just take one 50 mg clomid from start to finish as it is to take this 300 mg first day, 100 mg each day for first week, then 50 mg for weeks #2 and #3. Nolvadex is better taken as an anti-estrogen drug while you are on steroids, the clomid is used after you go off steroids and trying to get your body back to its normal cycle.

The HCG should be run DURING your cycle and begin it in small doses from about 2 weeks after start of cycle and end about 2 weeks before your cycle actually ends. Most people believe HCG is unimportant unless you are running cycles longer then 12 weeks at a time and not taking time off.

Another arguement for taking time off and NOT doing a continuous cycle from now until November is, your cholesterol and blood pressure continuously rise while you are on steroids. Also your blood continuously thickens up like the reverse of anemia and all of these things are BAD. Too thick of blood can result in stroke and also makes you more vulnerable to deep vein thrombosis. High Cholesterol and blood pressure are obvious, but we should really emphasis, dont underestimate just how BAD the cholesterol can get. Some dudes have been known to have cholesterol levels in the 350's which is almost like straight butter running thru veins and dangerously high blood pressure is COMMON around here.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    I'd suggest anyone doing a cycle get a blood pressure monitor at the drug store, they're only $80 or so and it's really great to keep in top of the numbers. Just be sure to take a few readings before you start a cycle to establish your baseline.

Also there are a lot of do it yourself cholesterol tests out there -some for like $10 at the drugstore. Another great way to keep in top of your levels while doing a cycle. You esp want to keep track of your HDL and some kits offer that as well (you can find them online too).

I've done a couple cycles and my cholesterol and BP were fine throughout but I'd have never known without monitoring them.

MrDezel is offline Banned
    Can't stress enough that time off = time on.

You should really let your natural levels come back to "normal" before you start juiceing again.

Thread Information