repeatoffender is offline Junior Member

Novice Cycle Critique

Hey people, just wanted your opinion on my upcoming cycle... First off, I used Sustanon about 2 yrs. ago and had a bad reaction (SusFlu) so I am not using that again. I am pretty cut, but I'm looking to gain mass. I am currently 24 years old, 5'9, 160 lbs. and 6% bodyfat. I am a naturally hardgainer. I was thinking of using Test Enanthate 300 mg. per wk along with Deca 300 mg. for 10 wks. I'm not sure if I should throw Dbol in there as well for the first 4 wks at 30 mg. ed. I will have Nolvadex on hand and will do clomid therapy starting 2 weeks after I finish the cycle. I am a bit leary because I heard that Test Enanthate can have some sides like impotence and other things as well (hair loss), and since Deca may also have sexual sides it makes me nervous. Please suggest if you would change the cycle or leave it as is. Thanks all - hopefully I can pack on some quality pounds.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by repeatoffender
    I heard that Test Enanthate can have some sides like impotence
    Way off bro... if all goes well, from what i hear, you should want to fvck like a rabbit.

Are you REALLY a hardgainer or are you giving yourself an excuse to use steroids ? How long have you been working out? How many calories do you eat a day when youre trying to bulk? Carbs? Protein? Water? Do you lift heavy? What's your training split look like?

These are things we need to know before we decide if youre ready for steroids or not. Frankly, if youre not, you will make $hitty gains due to lack of muscle maturity and density, and you will probably lose most of them.

To me, 160lbs is too light to start using. You can go much further if you get your diet and training in check, and then steroids will be a supplement and not a crutch.

Thanks for your reply AandF. Actually, I'm legitimately a very hard gainer. I have been working out for 5 years, and I started at barely over 100 pounds at 19 yrs. old (really!) I was extremely skinny and lightweight. The doctor once gave me a weight gainer medicine that was a liquid form to try to get me to weigh more but it did not work. When tyring to bulk I eat approx. 5,000 cals a day with a lot of protein, carbs, etc. I lift as heavy as I can go, usually pumping out lower reps at higher weights. I train with a buddy of mine who is a trainer (He does know his stuff too, and he kills me on mass workouts.)
    I work out about 5 times per week for 90 minutes a day. Usually I work out 2 days on, one off. I will do chest, bi's/tri's, shoulders, back, and usually legs on a friday or saturday so I have the weekend to recover before I go back to work. I've been stuck at my weight for about a year, and it really has not mattered if I ate 2500 cals a day or 5500. It's just the way my body is which is why my bf% is so low. I'm not lookin to juice just for the hell of it. I've been passing up gear for the past 2 years because I have been trying to put more weight on but it just hasn't happened. As for the Water intake, I drink it all day long at work, but I honestly do not drink enough of it I'm sure. I don't know how much I should be drinking per day really.. Thankx for the reply and hopefully my response answered some of the things u asked.

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    use test 400mg/week 12 weeks
    run deca 300mg/week 10 weeks
    10mg nolva/day
    pct 2 weeks after last test shot.
    happy growing
    good luck bro

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    if that avatar is you - you are not 6% BF.. more like 10% which is pretty good.

Conventional Wisdom says first cycle is TEST only at like 500 per wk. Use E and inject biWkly.

You have a good base for it cause you are muscular and lean.

Hey people, just wanted your opinion on my upcoming cycle... First off, I used Sustanon about 2 yrs. ago and had a bad reaction (SusFlu) so I am not using that again. I am pretty cut, but I'm looking to gain mass. I am currently 24 years old, 5'9, 160 lbs. and 6% bodyfat. I am a naturally hardgainer. I was thinking of using Test Enanthate 300 mg. per wk along with Deca 300 mg. for 10 wks. I'm not sure if I should throw Dbol in there as well for the first 4 wks at 30 mg. ed. I will have Nolvadex on hand and will do clomid therapy starting 2 weeks after I finish the cycle. I am a bit leary because I heard that Test Enanthate can have some sides like impotence and other things as well (hair loss), and since Deca may also have sexual sides it makes me nervous. Please suggest if you would change the cycle or leave it as is. Thanks all - hopefully I can pack on some quality pounds.

colinw is offline Junior Member
    i would run some tren . Its kinda my default gear. will be good with that ethanate

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    i think dive kid has it right, thats the ideal cycel for what you have. Adding dbol like you asked is a possibility i personally just dont like dbol. I would add winny tho to get a hard more defined look.

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dive_kid
    use test 400mg/week 12 weeks
    run deca 300mg/week 10 weeks
    10mg nolva/day
    pct 2 weeks after last test shot.
    happy growing
    good luck bro

actually he will want to run the deca till week 11. then pct 2 weeks after last test shot. but if u had "bad side effects" ( sust flu) u will get it also from enanthate . its called test flu, and all u have to do is make sure to eat right and get planty of sleep and u will get through it. i get it everytime i use test, but all u can do is push through it. also i would work on getting more water. not getting enough can hinder your gain tremendously.

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    if that is u in the picture u arent 6% bf. not meaning to flame, but im guess around 9 or so. try eating more complex carbs and protein. i think u should first work on diet before u decide to juice again. JMO

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Doing Deca alone can leave you with a limp dick. Test definitely ups your sex drive and definitely should be a base of all cycles. You always want to run your TEST dose higher than your DECA.

I would hold off for now on the DBOL and do:

Week 1-12 Test Enan 500mg a week (splitting the dose on Mon and Thurs.)
    Week 1-11 Deca 400mg a week (same as above. You can shoot them both in the same syringe)
    Nolva - 10mg ED
    L-dex .25mg ED
    PCT - CLOMID

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    Doing Deca alone can leave you with a limp dick. Test definitely ups your sex drive and definitely should be a base of all cycles. You always want to run your TEST dose higher than your DECA.

I would hold off for now on the DBOL and do:

Week 1-12 Test Enan 500mg a week (splitting the dose on Mon and Thurs.)
    Week 1-11 Deca 400mg a week (same as above. You can shoot them both in the same syringe)
    Nolva - 10mg ED
    L-dex .25mg ED
    PCT - CLOMID
    BLT, I just finished that exact cycle and I was very pleased with the results. Its a good suggestion IMO

Obviously, you cant go wrong with`a Test only first cycle either.

Thanx for the input guys. Hell, maybe you are right about my bodyfat %. I didn't take your opinions as flames at all. I have been measured with both the electronic devices and non electronic (Calipers). I have been 6% on both, though they can be wrong, and probably are as I trust you guys on your opinions. The Electronic bodyfat thing was always a mystery to me, as if you input your stats at a certain age, you get a certain body fat, but if you change your age, the bodyfat changes. I never understood that, though I may just not be swift enough to grasp the concept. I'm sure there is some legitimate scientific answer, but who knows.
    BuyLongTerm: So you are suggesting to do 2 injects a week, with each injection containing both deca and test? That sounds easy enough. I don't particularly mind needles but the less ya gotta stick yourself the better. Thanx all for your input

Thread Information