bbwannabe is offline Junior Member

EQ and finasteride

Can i take finasteride when i'm using EQ?
    I know i can't use finasteride when using deca , because then deca would not convert. So, what's the deal with EQ and finasteride??

Bump

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    You know finasteride is for hair loss correct?

And in my opinion EQ doesnt cause much if any damage to the hairline

Dude, is it really for hairloss? I thought finasteride was a penis enlarger!

Quote Originally Posted by bbwannabe
    Dude, is it really for hairloss? I thought finasteride was a penis enlarger!
    Alot of people actually think finasteride is "Fina" aka Tren . Just wanted to make sure you were not one of these.

haha allright
    I use it to treat my alopecia androgenetica. But i was just wondering if finasteride could be combined with EQ, because finasteride + deca is a big nono.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Finasteride will prevent eq from becoming DHB via reductase. Finasteride may also be taken with deca . I havent seen any proof, anecdotal or otherwise, to prove that nandrolone is any more androgenic than DHN.

detroit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bbwannabe
    haha allright
    I use it to treat my alopecia androgenetica. But i was just wondering if finasteride could be combined with EQ, because finasteride + deca is a big nono.
    Actually not a nono.

This is a quote off Steroidology by: einstein1905

"I heard you can't use finasteride with deca "
    Without fail, you'll hear this statement at least once a month.

First off, let me preface this by saying that this is true, in certain contexts.
    However, I'm an advocate of including testosterone in every cycle, so my explanation is with the assumption that one will be using nandrolone in addition to testosterone

For those that do not know, testosterone converts to DHT via the 5 alpha reductase enzyme. DHT is far more androgenic than testosterone and is the main contributor to MPB in those genetically predisposed.

Finasteride is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor, and therefore limits the conversion of testosterone to DHT via competitive inhibition.

Nandrolone itself is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor (although it yields DHN in the process). So less DHT is produced if nandrolone is present. Also, DHN is much less androgenic than nandrolone and much less androgenic than DHT. So, finasteride with deca (nandrolone) should both work to reduce DHT levels, and since finasteride will inhibit 5a reductase, it'll also keep levels of DHN lower too.

The misconception that deca with finasteride is a bad combination stems from the the days when deca only cycles were more common (often referred to as the days before jason updated the AR homepage cycles ) If one were running a deca only cycle (or any deca cycle without test), then finasteride would be a poor choice, because DHN is less androgenic than nandrolone. However, since we're assuming test to be included in a deca cycle, and both test and DHT are far more androgenic than nandrolone, if your goal is preventing the formation of the most androgenic compounds, then both deca and finasteride work together to reduce DHT formation.

To sum things up, if you're running a test + deca cycle and are worried about MPB (and you're susceptible), then including finasteride is a far better option than NOT including it, although the nandrolone will help to reduce DHT formation on its own to some extent.

This doesn't touch on the many positive effects of DHT (libido, muscle hardness, decreased SHBG and therefore increased bioavailable AAS).....this is only in the context of preventing hairloss.

Yes, you can take Finasteride while on Deca also. When you say that Deca will not convert, you are talking about its conversion to DHN which is much less androgenic than DHT. Deca because competes with testosterone for the 5-alpha reductase enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT and instead converts to dihydronortestosterone which is much less androgenic. DHN also competes with DHT for androgen receptors this why Deca is benificial for your hair line. However, if you take Finasteride, the conversion to DHN will be inhibited and this isn't want for our hair, right? Yes. However, as a good cycle will have testosterone as a base, Finasteride should be taken during this cycle because it will also stop the conversion of Test to DHT also.

Finasteride will actually stop the conversion of Nandrolone to 19-norandrosterone, but this is of no real significance because 19-norandrosterone is an inactive metabolite of Nandrolone.

As for EQ and Finasteride.
    Boldenone (Equipoise) - After the Primo, Anavar and Deca this is probably one of the safest for your hair. Although it undergoes 5-alpha-reduction, its affinity for this enzyme is minimal, so there is very little conversion. Moreover, its 5-alpha-reduced form is not as androgenic as DHT. Because EQ undergoes this reduction, Finasteride should also be useful in combination with this steroid .

Although propecia will be effective in a Test/EQ/Finasteride cycle, unless I am missing something here, a Test/Deca/Finasteride would be safer cycle for hairline and will promote good muscle growth.

P.S. As a random footnote, I have a hunch that finasteride may actually beneficial during cycle for acne because it decreases the amount of DHT. Androgens such as DHT activate sebaceous glands to make sebum, that oil on the skin that for some produces a healthy glow, for others, creates a chronic oil slick that acts as a feeding ground for the bacteria that causes pimples. I know there are more factors to this; however, this is hunch but something I wanted to throw out there somewhere.

Detroit, its like you read my mind. You hit the nail on the head, but since I had already put some time into the reply I couldnt let it go to waste.

Too bad you beat me to the punch. Im never quick enough for the bros on AR

detroit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BeefCakeStew
    Detroit, its like you read my mind. You hit the nail on the head, but since I had already put some time into the reply I couldnt let it go to waste.

Too bad you beat me to the punch. Im never quick enough for the bros on AR
    BCS
    I just was informed about this a few weeks ago, which was cool, cause i have been wanting to try Deca for a while, but have been scared because of all the rumors of Deca and Finasteride. Anyway good work. Later...

I wish Jason would have updated that site a lot earlier. It messed me up by doing a deca only cycle. Shame on him

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    This is all music to my ears fellas! Happy days!

John88Test is offline Member
    terrific to hear...answered my question to a T...since finasteride blocks DHT and u had mentioned DHT is helps libido...will the test counteract or balance that so ill still have an effective libido...

Quote Originally Posted by lfcdeke
    terrific to hear...answered my question to a T...since finasteride blocks DHT and u had mentioned DHT is helps libido...will the test counteract or balance that so ill still have an effective libido...

The need for sex does correlate to the amount of free DHT and Free Testosterone .

Propecia has been known to significanlty effect the libido of males taking Finasteride; however, studies showing this use males with normal amounts of testosterone. Propecia will not stop every 5 alpha-reduction to DHT when your running 5-10x the amount of Test your body produces naturally. In other words, while on, you should have enough Test and DHT to keep your libido functioning great. Even if your DHT levels were lower than normal, the supraphysiological amounts Test should be sufficient in keeping libido normal or above normal.
    Last edited by BeefCakeStew; 07-27-2004 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Need to make myself more clear

Thanks for the comments bro's.
    I thought DHN was more androgenic than DHT. But you say DHT is more androgenic than DHN?

Thread Information