HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member

Uneven strength.....

About 4-5 years ago i had reconstructive surgery on my left shoulder. (dis-located it) Unfortunately, I was wrestling in college at the time and had to return as fast as possible. I only had about 4-6 months of rehab training. I must admit, I didnt listen to my trainer and rushed into things way faster then schedule.

To this day, my left shoulder/chest has been substantially weaker then my right. It has a major effect on my workouts b/c on my ending sets I am losing many reps. and when i try to keep them even, i strain/pull my back from the uneven shifting.

My question is.... is it to late to for my muscles to ever even out in strength? I was told dumbells would eventually do it... hasnt tho! Has anyone, does anyone else have this problem??

thanks for your help boys!!!

BUMP

dont be shy guys!!!!

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    i agree with what you were told, dumbbells will help to even out strength

thanks map i think im just **cked. thanks for responding!

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Dumbells will deff. do it. What i would do is do armed dumbell bench presses. You need to lift heavier with your weak side then your strong side. If you keep lifting heavier with your strong side then your weak side will never catch up.

Tribex is offline Associate Member
    If you seriously want to focus on it catching up, you may need to put growing aside and worry about rehabilitating it. As Demon D said, push harder with the weaker side to put more enphasis on it. I'd look into doing movements on a stability ball. If ur looking to strengthen that side, add 3-4 sets of dumbell press on a stability ball (make sure it is well pumped, head-neck-andshoulders all resting on the top of the ball, hips are at same level as knees when laying in the bridge position). This may help. Also, slow movements, concentrate alot one ecentric, or negative, movements.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Shoulder injuries are the worst, it's the most complex joint in your body and once injured never seems to fully heal for most people. I tore my rotor cuff in middle school and still have problems with dislocations to this day and I'm 38. just be careful with it and make sure to use even, controlled movements when lifting.
    good luck,

~R

thats a good idea tribex. My weight trainer in college had me doing that for a while. I will start that up again thanks.

I know what ya mean ripped... I tore my cuff also and thats the main reason for my dis-locations. Im pretty lucky b/c my doc did a good job re-attaching it, and i dont feel any pain from it.... just the unequal strength! thanks agian guys

Thread Information