Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Tryin2getHUGE's Avatar
    Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Where I lay my head
    Posts
    1,526

    SERIOUS medical question

    Ok bros, this is a pretty serious question. About 6 years ago I had a cyst (benign) removed from my body about the size of a quarter. All in all no big deal and all is fine. Now I started my cycle almost 9 weeks ago. I noticed yesterday that I now have what appears to be another cyst or abcess right near the other one that was removed. My question is since it came up almost overnight to the point where I may have to get it checked out today, is this something that could have resulted from the gear? What I mean is, is there some way possible that the gear coould have mutated my abcess at a much more rapid pace to the point where it is now? My cycle is sus/deca /dbol .

    Also, if I do get it checked out, they are DEFINATELY gonna run blood work. Problem there is that I am a veteran so I use the VA Hospital. If they find out that my test levels etc. are THAT HIGH and put 2 and 2 together then I may lose my insurance at the VA Hospital and my disability benefits.

    Any ideas would be greatly appriciated. Thanks again.

  2. #2
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    Thet aren't going to run blood work FOR YOUR TEST LEVELS for a cyst , they'll do a biopsy first to check for cancer or just plain take it out. They'll check blood counts etc.. the last thing I think they will look for is a test level.You'll have planty of warning to cut your cycle IMO if it is something serious. MY02

  3. #3
    Big_Diesel's Avatar
    Big_Diesel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    154
    Its a possibility that the riods made your cyst grow at a faster rate. I have cyst on my side ,arm and back and have had them for years and they have not gottin bigger. Before you let them remove it, make sure it is necessary. Also unless they specifically test you for roids they are only gonna suspect but they will not spend the money for the juice test.

  4. #4
    BUYLONGTERM's Avatar
    BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,067
    Yeah, checking for Test levels is a totally separate blood test, and I seriously doubt they will check it

  5. #5
    Tryin2getHUGE's Avatar
    Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Where I lay my head
    Posts
    1,526
    Ok I didnt know how all that went. I have never had blood work done while on gear. So is there any way that this is from the gear, the accelerated mutation I mean? Or am I just crazy?

  6. #6
    bowser is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    231
    I used to have a girlfriend that had a cyst that would come up on her wrist. She had it cut out twice. See what they don't tell you is when they cut it out if they don't get all the roots, then it will come back. If yours is in an area that you use alot, then it is getting so big b/c you are aggrivating it. Hers would always get huge during football season b/c she cheered, so she was always doing flips and using it to push off or catch herself. With your heavy weight you are pushing now it might just be bothering it right now. In order to have to stop mid cycle to get it cut out again, just have it drained and you will be fine if it is hurting you.

  7. #7
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    Not trying to scare you but the only thing I can think of is that they say AS can cause an increase in the growth of existing cancer. Not saying it's cancer, it could just be a reaction from the AS.

  8. #8
    Tryin2getHUGE's Avatar
    Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Where I lay my head
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by bowser
    I used to have a girlfriend that had a cyst that would come up on her wrist. She had it cut out twice. See what they don't tell you is when they cut it out if they don't get all the roots, then it will come back. If yours is in an area that you use alot, then it is getting so big b/c you are aggrivating it. Hers would always get huge during football season b/c she cheered, so she was always doing flips and using it to push off or catch herself. With your heavy weight you are pushing now it might just be bothering it right now. In order to have to stop mid cycle to get it cut out again, just have it drained and you will be fine if it is hurting you.
    Well stopping in the middle of a cycle is the LAST thing that I want to do. Getting it drained is not a bad idea for now. I just want to make sure that all is cool at the hospital and that it is nothing that I should be concerned over.

  9. #9
    nobbythedonkey's Avatar
    nobbythedonkey is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryin2getHUGE
    Ok bros, this is a pretty serious question. About 6 years ago I had a cyst (benign) removed from my body about the size of a quarter. All in all no big deal and all is fine. Now I started my cycle almost 9 weeks ago. I noticed yesterday that I now have what appears to be another cyst or abcess right near the other one that was removed. My question is since it came up almost overnight to the point where I may have to get it checked out today, is this something that could have resulted from the gear? What I mean is, is there some way possible that the gear coould have mutated my abcess at a much more rapid pace to the point where it is now? My cycle is sus/deca /dbol .

    Also, if I do get it checked out, they are DEFINATELY gonna run blood work. Problem there is that I am a veteran so I use the VA Hospital. If they find out that my test levels etc. are THAT HIGH and put 2 and 2 together then I may lose my insurance at the VA Hospital and my disability benefits.

    Any ideas would be greatly appriciated. Thanks again.
    isnt a cyst water under the skin, i have one my self, it could be todo with water retention. id just go get them drain it

  10. #10
    Tryin2getHUGE's Avatar
    Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Where I lay my head
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Not trying to scare you but the only thing I can think of is that they say AS can cause an increase in the growth of existing cancer. Not saying it's cancer, it could just be a reaction from the AS.
    Dont tell me that bro..... I already had the thing removed once and I know that they didnt get ALL of it last time. So I knew I still had some remaining, and thats what this is I am assuming.

  11. #11
    Big_Diesel's Avatar
    Big_Diesel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    154
    Dude relax, just get it checked. If its growing or causing you pain have it removed and tested. Keep up on your cycle and your workouts. Im sure youll be fine. Keep us posted. I doubt very seriuosly that its making it grow. IMO

  12. #12
    Tryin2getHUGE's Avatar
    Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Where I lay my head
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by nobbythedonkey
    isnt a cyst water under the skin, i have one my self, it could be todo with water retention. id just go get them drain it
    Its under the skin, but it has kind of a head like a boyle. Its hot too so I believe its just from the pressure under the skin.

  13. #13
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    Yeah! Not trying to freak you out but it has been posted in the past by Einstein and others just a precaution that's all! Goooosfraba! Goooosfraba!!!

  14. #14
    Tryin2getHUGE's Avatar
    Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Where I lay my head
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Yeah! Not trying to freak you out but it has been posted in the past by Einstein and others just a precaution that's all! Goooosfraba! Goooosfraba!!!
    Thanks bro. Yeah I read the other posts but there is only so much you can get simply from reading, SOMETIMES you actually have to talk about something to ease it right in your mind. I think I am gonna wait it out and see how it goes over the next couple a days. Ice and Heat and go from there if it doesnt get better or worse.

  15. #15
    Big_Diesel's Avatar
    Big_Diesel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    154
    Sounds like an abcess or a boil starting. If you have had boils in the past they can return. Never heard of a cyst being hot. That could be sign of infection. IMO

  16. #16
    Tryin2getHUGE's Avatar
    Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Where I lay my head
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Diesel
    Sounds like an abcess or a boil starting. If you have had boils in the past they can return. Never heard of a cyst being hot. That could be sign of infection. IMO
    Yeah thats what I was thinking. Thats cool with me.. hahha. But I wasnt sure because its so tough under the skin, I dont know if its solid, or just an infection that needs to be released. But thats what I was thinking because of the heat as well. Maybe I will just have my wife jab it with a 23 gauge and see what happens

  17. #17
    bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    2,015
    My concern is at the VA hospital the are going to check your vitals. They are going to notice your BP is most likely high from d-bol & test. Then what? If indeed its a benign cyst I would wait till you end your cycle. Or stop the d-bol.

  18. #18
    Tryin2getHUGE's Avatar
    Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Where I lay my head
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    My concern is at the VA hospital the are going to check your vitals. They are going to notice your BP is most likely high from d-bol & test. Then what? If indeed its a benign cyst I would wait till you end your cycle. Or stop the d-bol.
    Exactly what I was thinking as well. Thing is though my BP is good, but test is through the roof. But other bro's have said that they dont do a test for gear, it costs them too much. I dont know for certain though.

  19. #19
    Wrek is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    South
    Posts
    25
    Ganglionic cyst coming back is super common...

  20. #20
    Tryin2getHUGE's Avatar
    Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Where I lay my head
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrek
    Ganglionic cyst coming back is super common...
    ??????????? What does "ganglionic" mean, sorry if I sound ignorant.

  21. #21
    Wrek is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    South
    Posts
    25
    It's the most common form of cysts in the body. Ganglionic Cyst. I had one removed when I was fifteen and the **** thing came back four years later.

    Real common for them to come back as they have roots and it is hard for the docs to be sure they got it all.

  22. #22
    Wrek is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    South
    Posts
    25
    This is from a podiatry web page but gives the gist of it:

    WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
    Synovial cysts, ganglia and cutaneous mucoid cysts are essentially the same thing. All three refer to a fluid filled mass under the skin. The fluid looks a lot like corn syrup or the white of an egg. Most are located under the skin, although occasionally they may be found in tendon or bone. The synovial or ganglionic cysts are connected to a nearby joint or tendon sheath by a small stalk. They therefore may be more resistant to treatment. Mucoid cysts, are not connected to a joint. If the cyst is located near the nail, it may cause the nail to grow funny.


    HOW DOES IT FEEL?
    Many mucous cysts are painless. Some people are worried about the way it looks, others worry that it may be a serious problem. The cysts are more likely to cause pain or discomfort when they are on the foot, because of pressure created by shoes on them. Occasionally, the cyst encloses or presses on a nerve, causing a shooting, electric type of pain.

    LET'S DO A TEST!
    Your doctor can identify a mucous cyst by how it feels when he/she touches it. In some cases, the doctor may order an x-ray, ultrasound, MRI, or CT. Rarely, a doctor might order an arthrogram, where dye is injected into the cyst, in an attempt to see if it is connected to a joint or tendon sheath.

    HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?
    The cysts may form on their own, or may branch out from a joint. Most doctors feel that these cysts form as a result of small injuries that occur repeatedly over a long period of time. Essentially, they can be thought of as bubbles made of a thin layer of specialized cells that produce and surround the fluid.

    WHAT CAN I DO FOR IT?
    Anytime you notice a lump or mass, you should have it checked out by a doctor as soon as possible, even if it isn't painful. If the cyst isn't painful, it may be best to just watch it to see if it changes over time. If you have a painful ganglion, you can try padding the area around the lump or try changing your shoe gear to relieve the pressure.

    WHAT WILL MY DOCTOR DO FOR IT?
    Your podiatrist will look at and feel the lump. If it is a ganglion, the doctor will numb the area, then try to pull as much fluid out of the cyst as possible using a syringe. Many doctors will then inject a steroid or hardening agent into the cyst to try to prevent it from filling again. About half of the time, the cyst will fill up again after the treatment. The doctor will then give your the option of having it removed surgically.

  23. #23
    Tryin2getHUGE's Avatar
    Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Where I lay my head
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrek
    This is from a podiatry web page but gives the gist of it:

    WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
    Synovial cysts, ganglia and cutaneous mucoid cysts are essentially the same thing. All three refer to a fluid filled mass under the skin. The fluid looks a lot like corn syrup or the white of an egg. Most are located under the skin, although occasionally they may be found in tendon or bone. The synovial or ganglionic cysts are connected to a nearby joint or tendon sheath by a small stalk. They therefore may be more resistant to treatment. Mucoid cysts, are not connected to a joint. If the cyst is located near the nail, it may cause the nail to grow funny.


    HOW DOES IT FEEL?
    Many mucous cysts are painless. Some people are worried about the way it looks, others worry that it may be a serious problem. The cysts are more likely to cause pain or discomfort when they are on the foot, because of pressure created by shoes on them. Occasionally, the cyst encloses or presses on a nerve, causing a shooting, electric type of pain.

    LET'S DO A TEST!
    Your doctor can identify a mucous cyst by how it feels when he/she touches it. In some cases, the doctor may order an x-ray, ultrasound, MRI, or CT. Rarely, a doctor might order an arthrogram, where dye is injected into the cyst, in an attempt to see if it is connected to a joint or tendon sheath.

    HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?
    The cysts may form on their own, or may branch out from a joint. Most doctors feel that these cysts form as a result of small injuries that occur repeatedly over a long period of time. Essentially, they can be thought of as bubbles made of a thin layer of specialized cells that produce and surround the fluid.

    WHAT CAN I DO FOR IT?
    Anytime you notice a lump or mass, you should have it checked out by a doctor as soon as possible, even if it isn't painful. If the cyst isn't painful, it may be best to just watch it to see if it changes over time. If you have a painful ganglion, you can try padding the area around the lump or try changing your shoe gear to relieve the pressure.

    WHAT WILL MY DOCTOR DO FOR IT?
    Your podiatrist will look at and feel the lump. If it is a ganglion, the doctor will numb the area, then try to pull as much fluid out of the cyst as possible using a syringe. Many doctors will then inject a steroid or hardening agent into the cyst to try to prevent it from filling again. About half of the time, the cyst will fill up again after the treatment. The doctor will then give your the option of having it removed surgically.
    Awesome information bro. Thanks. Hopefully thats what THIS is. Everything points that way, so if so I will be very happy. After all, its better than the big "C".

  24. #24
    Wrek is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    South
    Posts
    25

    No worries bro

    you probably ought to let your doc look at it when you can but cysts are really, really common.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •