testro is offline New Member

Take finasteride only while on?

It is my understanding that finasteride takes an ample amount of time to become active in your system and to see results, but if I take it only while on test cycles would this be an effective way of stopping DHT, or do i have to take the finasteride for afew months before I even start my cycle? Thanks for any input.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    2 weeks before it reaches maximum dht inhibition of around 70%. It starts to reduce dht at the first dose. Results that are noticable in the mirror take 3-6 months but it is beneficial to take while on cycle to slow down the acceleration of male pattern baldness. If you have male pattern baldness it may be a good idea to use it all the time as over 80% of users stop addtional loss by using it daily.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    I always recomended starting to take finasteride very early before a cycle, evn up to two months, but then some people disagreed because studies showed maximum dht inhibition in 14days and even a significant inhibition in 24hours!
    However because finasteride/minoxidil cause hair to shed during the first 6-8 weeks or so, then it is advisable to start very early so that you get the shedding out of the way before you stat you r cycle. Many people start on day on of a 12weeks cycle and then at week 5 or so start to see increased hair loss from the shedding and they think that the finateride somehow backstabbed them or hat it doesnt work so they discontinue using it or sometimes stop the cycle even!!!
    That is why my advice is if you use finasteride then start using it as soon as ou can and keep using it for a few months before your cycle so that your body becomes accustomed to it, the inhibition reaches a maximum, and also you pass the shedding part and your hair is in a growing (anagen) phase! And then after your cycle you must continue using it throughout PCT and even after because there could still be raised test levels in the body that havent stabilized, and its just better to keep the DHT inhibition till you are sure everything is back to normal in terms of your body hormone levels.
    From there you can choose to either discontinue use, or continue the commitment and enjoy stronger, thicker hair growth wich could take up to 6months or more for mirror visible results as scottp999 mentioned.

John88Test is offline Member
    great post...

great post...

Ok well with my specific scenario, I'm 20yrs old, and I have taken 2 mild cycles. I has been about a year since the last time I was on, but withthin that past year i have noticed hair in my hands while I was washing my hair and what not. I have no evidence of male pattern baldness in the mirror (no receiding hair line, etc.) and I was just going to take the finasteride as a preventative measure while on a test cycle. I am very paranoid about losing my hair, and when it comes down to it id rather have my hair that the 15 pounds.

testro, i understand what ur saying...im 22 with no history on either side of my family of male pattern baldness...during my cycle id dry my hair after i got out of the shower and would notice some hair so obviously i bugged out and now I am taking finasteride. It seems to be working and I would def recommend it as a preventative measure...good luck...later

Right, but I am planning on going on a cycle in about a month. Would it still be help[ful if I began taking it shortly before going ona cycle or would I have to take it for months in advance in order for doses to reach adquate amounts?>

anyone?

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    I always recomended starting to take finasteride very early before a cycle, evn up to two months, but then some people disagreed because studies showed maximum dht inhibition in 14days and even a significant inhibition in 24hours!
    However because finasteride/minoxidil cause hair to shed during the first 6-8 weeks or so, then it is advisable to start very early so that you get the shedding out of the way before you stat you r cycle. Many people start on day on of a 12weeks cycle and then at week 5 or so start to see increased hair loss from the shedding and they think that the finateride somehow backstabbed them or hat it doesnt work so they discontinue using it or sometimes stop the cycle even!!!
    That is why my advice is if you use finasteride then start using it as soon as ou can and keep using it for a few months before your cycle so that your body becomes accustomed to it, the inhibition reaches a maximum, and also you pass the shedding part and your hair is in a growing (anagen) phase! And then after your cycle you must continue using it throughout PCT and even after because there could still be raised test levels in the body that havent stabilized, and its just better to keep the DHT inhibition till you are sure everything is back to normal in terms of your body hormone levels.
    From there you can choose to either discontinue use, or continue the commitment and enjoy stronger, thicker hair growth wich could take up to 6months or more for mirror visible results as scottp999 mentioned.
    Good info. Thanks for sharing.

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    i like the thought process with that. good post.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Quote Originally Posted by testro
    Ok well with my specific scenario, I'm 20yrs old, and I have taken 2 mild cycles. I has been about a year since the last time I was on, but withthin that past year i have noticed hair in my hands while I was washing my hair and what not. I have no evidence of male pattern baldness in the mirror (no receiding hair line, etc.) and I was just going to take the finasteride as a preventative measure while on a test cycle. I am very paranoid about losing my hair, and when it comes down to it id rather have my hair that the 15 pounds.
    I would just watch your hair closely on or off cycle. I started losing at 20 and by 24 it started to become noticable to people. When I started losing it was 1990 - There was no propecia until 1997 and I was unaware of proscar's secret side effect of growing hair so I started a hair loss regimine in 1998. If I had the product available to me at 20 years old I would have a much better head of hair now.

Very helpful thank everyone for all the info, but my question still stands... Will taking propecia ONLY while on a cycle (starting 2 weeks prior and ending 2 weeks after) be effective in keeping hairloss to a minumum?

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    theoretically and scientifically the answer is YES! if your cycle contains test then the finasteride will do its best to inhibit a large amount from converting to DHT, many guys use it for the cycle only and it will work. However stay away from Winstrol because it is already past the point of conversion..wich means finasteride doesnt work on winstrol!

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    theoretically and scientifically the answer is YES! if your cycle contains test then the finasteride will do its best to inhibit a large amount from converting to DHT, many guys use it for the cycle only and it will work. However stay away from Winstrol because it is already past the point of conversion..wich means finasteride doesnt work on winstrol!
    What does work on winstrol ?

the problem with hair loss is you don't notice is till 60% is gone from a given area....Finasturide works great for me I was almost completely Bald. Most of my hair grew back. You need to make sure it isn't zipping your Wood ..I would be hitting it and then I just wasn't there. This dosen't happen to everyone. I adjusted my dose and all was good. I have been using it for 4 years now with out loosing my hair.. I always see it fall out when I do PCT. then it grows back.....IT'S thin right now...but getting better. I will take some Pic's to post

tydavis6406 is offline New Member
    whats the recommended daily dose of finasteride?

Thread Information