gio86 is offline Member

Question when do you take propecia on a cycle??

are you suppose to take it before you star a cycle??? and if so for how long before you start the cycle you have to take it??
    or do i start taking it before and then keep taking it while on the cycle?
    thanx guys

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Propecia (finsasteride) inhibits DHT levels up to 65% within the first 24 hours, so you can start it the first day of your cycle if you want. You should continue it throughout PCT and for some time afterwards.

You may experience shedding the first 2-3 months on finasteride. This is normal, and will result in thicker hair in the long run.

gio86 is offline Member
    mmc78...so do i have to take propecia for about 2-3 month??? thats a long time

gio86 is offline Member
    is it bad if i just take it while on the cycle???

hatchblack is offline Associate Member
    anybody know what deal with propecia and its effects on ihibiting gains are.

Also, I was under the impression that you are not supposed to take propecia (finasteride) while taking deca or fina...?

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Finasteride will only stop heairloss caused by test-compounds during a cycle, it will inhibit your gains my a maximum of 1.5lbs only throughout the entire cycle!! thats not very much at all.
    Start 14days before the cycle so that you reach the maximum DHT inhibition, and as MMC78 siad dont worry if you get increased hairloss during the first few months , that is just old hairs falling out and making space for new ones. And yes you must continue using it after the cycle and PCT for a hile to make sure your body's own test levels are back to normal, because spikes and drops wich happen during PCT could cause increased sides!!

2-3months is not a long time!! its actually recomended to use it for as many years a syou can if you want to see the best results and keep your hair. I personally dont think usign it for a cylcle only is much benefit, the reason is that finasteride does inhibit DHT to some extent but not 100%, so if you ar eprone to Mlae Pttern Bladness and you trigger/aggrevate it during a cycle then its downhill from there which means you will need to treat it as long as you want to keep your hair. if you are prone then i assure you you will trigger it during a cycle because you dont have 100% protection from finasteride.

Then again i'm not a doctor or dermatologist so i could be way off, go to the AR SPA foum and ask if anyone uses it for cycles only and see what the results have been like!

hatchblack is offline Associate Member
    If you are not a candidate from MPB...is there any benefit to it to keep and protect whatever hair you have...?

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    If MPB doesnt run in your family then yes it will be a good protection to take finasteride just to protect what you have,

gio86 is offline Member
    so even if my cycle last 6 weeks??? should i still take propecia for 2-3 month?/
    or should i star it a week before the cycle and end it a week after the cycle????

Thread Information