ScottyJ is offline Associate Member

Please help me figure out whats up.

Guys im tripping out...PLEASE HELP
    Im on my 6th week of my var cycle. About a little more than a week ago I noticed weird feelings in both my arms that have been occuring everyday. Its like my arms keep falling asleep to the point where its numbing. I always wake up in the morning with this feeling and it comes and goes throughout the day. I thought it would be a result of high blood pressure, but I just checked it out and its normal (124/66).
    Has anyone else experienced this?
    What is going on and what is it from?
    Should I end my cycle at 6 weeks instead of 8?

Da Bull is offline Banned
    It common bro.Some of your nerves need to adjust to the new muscle and they are being cut off.That's the sensation your getting,like your arms are falling asleep.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Ive never heard of that

Thanks Bull, you kind of put me at ease. How long should this last? Would it be a good idea to take it easy for a bit?

woodiechopper is offline Associate Member
    Do you sleep on your side with your arm dangling over the side? Often, numbness in the am is caused by the arm being in a weird position while you sleep. If you sleep with someone, ask them to check it out for you. Otherwise, you could try hugging a pillow and see whether it makes a difference.

There's all sorts of funny stuff that goes on with AS. If the numbness goes away right after you wake, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

BBBB83 is offline Associate Member
    Ive been having the same problem but i like it... i just feel that it is me growing out of my skin...kinda like these nasty stretch marks. I wouldnt worry about it though bro

Thanks woodie, but I know this is more than just one of those simple arm falling asleep things. Not only does it feel tingly but it almost goes numb. It also happens durring the day not just in bed. For instance if im driving with one arm, that arm will start to go numb after a while.

BBBB, does it go away after ur cycle? What is your cycle anyways?

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyJ
    Thanks Bull, you kind of put me at ease. How long should this last? Would it be a good idea to take it easy for a bit?
    It will clear up.I've had that happen also.The worst is when you wake up with a tight neck and can't move it for about 5 mins in the morning.That used to send me in panic attacks. Just keep on training bro.

BBBB83 is offline Associate Member
    yeah it went away. My first was test ent and eq and my current is test ent and decca. I really dont think it is any thing to worry about i kind of expect weird things to happen when i throw on 20lbs of muscle in 12 weeks

woodiechopper is offline Associate Member
    let me try again (and I'm not a doctor so see if someone who is on the board can give you some informed advice)...it's possible it's a pinched (inflamed) nerve in your neck. This could happen because of the training although AS are supposed to be anti-inflammatory. You could see a chiropractor to start and then a doctor if you're still concerned. Of course, you could always just stop the anavar but it's one of the mildest AS so it just seems strange that it would be causing the problem.

It's possible that it's more serious so if the numbness worsens or continues for longer and doesn't go away when you move the arm, etc. get to a doctor right away. Numbness is a symptom of neurological problems although again probably not the case. [I've been through a fair amount of cervical spine issues so I know a little bit about this]

These problems are progressive so don't panic. If you're really concerned, drop the anavar, stop working out your neck (bench press, vertical rows, etc. - it's amazing how many exercises put a big pressure on your neck), and/or see the doc.

ok that helps so much more

has anyone else felt this way ever?

promiscio is offline Member
    has anyone else felt this way ever?
    Bro I started a thread about this a couple of months ago. It happens to me quite frequently when I am on a cycle. I would wake up in the night with my arm or arms completely asleep. I have spoken to others and members on this board and it seems to happen to alot of us.

I used to be worried just like you... Hope you feel better knowing your not alone...

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    my pinky on my left hand has been numb for almost a month now if that makes you feel any better, no bs

thanks guys...
    hey promiscio, can you send post the link to the thread you had stated on the similar topic? tried to search for it, but had no luck.

thanks guys...
    hey promiscio, can you send post the link to the thread you had stated on the similar topic? tried to search for it, but had no luck.
    Here ya go bro...

Arms and fingers falling asleep

Thread Information