Thread: Just Bad Luck

bustermayer is offline New Member

Just Bad Luck

So I finally get the balls to get me some gear. I spend so much time reading everything I can about everything. It takes me some time but I find a great source that alot of the mods tell me is great. I place my order, take all the precautions, and today......I recieve a letter in my p.o. box saying that my shipment contained items that were determined to be an illegal importation. I gotta think that's just bad luck. Well, what do I do know? I emailed my source with a scanned copy of the letter and hopefully he'll return my loot, or at least change his package and mail me some new stuff. I'm not too worried about the law side of it because the letter says that a Schedule I or II controlled substances (cocaine, marijuana, heroin, etc) will be considered contraband and forfeited to the US (and that's it, nothing about anything else). The stuff I was getting was under the OTher Illegal Articles section (steroids , fireworks, prescription drugs, etc.) and it says I'll recieve a letter in 15 days with my legal rights. Saying I can petiton for remission of my seized goods. ------- Well if anybodys got any advice I would love to hear it.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bustermayer
    So I finally get the balls to get me some gear. I spend so much time reading everything I can about everything. It takes me some time but I find a great source that alot of the mods tell me is great. I place my order, take all the precautions, and today......I recieve a letter in my p.o. box saying that my shipment contained items that were determined to be an illegal importation. I gotta think that's just bad luck. Well, what do I do know? I emailed my source with a scanned copy of the letter and hopefully he'll return my loot, or at least change his package and mail me some new stuff. I'm not too worried about the law side of it because the letter says that a Schedule I or II controlled substances (cocaine, marijuana, heroin, etc) will be considered contraband and forfeited to the US (and that's it, nothing about anything else). The stuff I was getting was under the OTher Illegal Articles section (steroids, fireworks, prescription drugs, etc.) and it says I'll recieve a letter in 15 days with my legal rights. Saying I can petiton for remission of my seized goods. ------- Well if anybodys got any advice I would love to hear it.
    I would say that if your source is legit and a stand up guy, he should resend your stuff....

PartyBoy is offline New Member
    I wouldn't petition for remission of your seized goods. I would call it a lesson learned and move on. Contact your source, but unfortunately if you get a second package that is also sezied you could be asking for trouble. Good Luck!!

styles-money is offline Associate Member
    yeah...I don't think I would risk importing stuff again. What country are you in? You're probably better off trying to find a local source instead...

Tribex is offline Associate Member
    If you ask to have ur stuff resent... dont send it to the same po box bro.. its mostly likely flagged now and they'll be watching it. Find a way to get another pobox from a friend or something..

I didn't even think of getting things seized again. Is there a policy that says something about getting caught with the same stuff twice? Does anybody think I should just cancel that PO Box and look for somewhere else to get my stuff mailed to.

Tribex is offline Associate Member
    I didn't even think of getting things seized again. Is there a policy that says something about getting caught with the same stuff twice? Does anybody think I should just cancel that PO Box and look for somewhere else to get my stuff mailed to.
    Better safe than sorry i'd say

NoobJuice is offline Member
    Where are you located?

I'm located in the MidWest of the US. My seziure letter was from Chicago.

dumblucky is offline Member
    Although my best sources have always been international ..after having more than one package seized Ihave given up on international..
    domestic
    domestic
    domestic

That sounds like what I should do. Should I just email my international source and ask him to refund my money? I doubt he'll do that. I did send alot of money, and although I know my best alternative may be to just cost my losses, I really hate to just through that money away.

Well my source emailed me back today and asked if I had a different addy for a reship or if I wanted credit towards tabs. I don't think I'm gona do another cycle after this one so a credit towards tabs really does me no good. I was thinking about using one of my roomates id's to set up another po box and then ask my source to change his packaging before shipment. Anybody think that'll work?

A friend of mine told me that I could have my gear shipped to his house under a fake name. When it arrives he'll pick it up and give it to me. If something were to happen he could just deny it and say, "we'll that's not my name" ....right? Or is this a bad idea? Any feedback would be very helpful. Thanks.

NorCaLifter is offline Associate Member
    Well bro... international shipping has become very sketchy obviously for reasons we should all know by now. Your source needs to do a hell of lot better way of packaging it. But to be honest, your taking a huge risk by having it done again. You can try another address but i think its just asking for trouble. Having a source inside the states is much..much safer. You pay more, you may pay less... but atleast you'll get your gear. Before 9/11 I ordered stuff overseas regularly and they put it in cigerette boxes...sealed and everything. Now a days I think they'll scan, search..whatever the hell they have to do to check the packages. Goodluck man... but the odds of it coming through are not in your favor I would think.

2dsl4u is offline Junior Member
    I'd have to agree about finding a domestic source. As much as you are itching to get your stuff, which you are if you are thinking of trying internationally again, is it worth the risk of not getting your stuff, not getting a credit, or getting into trouble for importing illegal substances. Cut your loses. You only get one shot at being careful you should take all precautions even if they seem a little extreme. Once you get in trouble it follows you and causes more headaches than it's worth.

I understand the temptation and wanting to try again because it is seemingly in your finger tips but...... Did you ever see Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade? When the grail is falling through the cracks into the pit and it is just out of reach? Let it go Indiana!!!!

Good Luck.

Thread Information