Thread: skin care

lukeduke01 is offline Junior Member

skin care

I always break out when Im on gear and even when ive been off for a year. Ive used panoxyl soap and soap with salycilic acid and that seems to help some, but not the greatest. Ive even went to the dermatologist and got on pills and creams but still no big change. Tanning smokes everything, but Id like to have some other options so I was wondering what seems to work the best for you.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    I use proactive that sh*t you see late night on tv, it works great on my face, and decent on my back. It all depends on the person though, some people swear by it.. like me, and some people say it does nothing...hope that helps

thepremier is offline Junior Member
    I've used Proactiv and Accutane. Proactiv works, but you have to use it consistently everyday. Accutane is the best to me, took away all of my acne, but you do have to deal with side effects like dry skin, chapping lips, etc.. If you keep your skin moisturized and use Carmex for your lips you'll be fine. But you will feel a little bit of the sides regardless. But accutane would be my pick.

BigGenes is offline Member
    Sh*t I have noticed that differect brands do different things. I say stay away from Tornel(I know some people like them) and I am not a fan of brovel either. I got bad body acne from tornel super test and like 5 other friends that all took it at the same time with me got the same sh*t. I had juiced before and so had all of them. We never got acne like that. I find QV, PharmaVet, Denkal, and several other vet brands to be good about being "clean". This is for your skin b/c it drys it out. But take a paper towel and put rubbing alcohol on it. After your shower rub that all over your areas that you want to clear up. This works really good on me. Also when you get up in the morning do the same thing.

lukeduke01 is offline Junior Member
    Ive actually tried proactiv, sorry i left that out. proactiv works on my face, but it doesnt do a good job on my shoulders. Ill give the alcohol a try. thanks

Paingain is offline Banned
    I'm going to let you guys in on a little secret. Go to the hardware store and pick up a container of acetone. I work in a dusty fabrication shop, and the dust is a b*tch, cause it makes it hard for your skin to breathe. On top of that it's hot as fu*ck so I sweat all day, yeah my job sucks, I know. On top of that, I get bad reactions to test and my breakouts are terrible. I'm going to get some accutane or something. Anyways, we use acetone as a cleaning agent. Most people use it to clean fiberglass and stuff. Anyways, this stuff will dry your skin up pretty good. From my experience, its been far better than any zit creams. I'm going to try a little experiment with my back. I got no girl to pop my zits at the present time, so I'm going to try to put some on a towel and lie down on it everyday. But Acetone is where it's at. Just dont get it in your eyes or smoke a cigarette near it, you'll go up in flames if you do.

Paingain is offline Banned
    Also, hydrocortisone will dry your **** up good too

lowboy is offline New Member
    Guys, I have to tell you the best thing I have ever used is "B5 clear skin" this stuff rox... it takes about 3 weeks to kick in but when i does it really works... then when i dont take it...and have a break out...i just take some caps and with in 2 days my skin is clear.... so what im trying to say is, after its in your system the first time, you dont have to stay on it... at least for me. http://b5clearskin.com/ actually ... it took 3 weeks for me....but results may vary, if you have cronic acne it may take a few months... but this stuff really works so stick with it.
    Last edited by lowboy; 08-06-2004 at 12:30 AM.

Jay Man is offline Associate Member
    My wife is an aesthetician in a Dermalogists office and this is what we do. I have bad body breakouts on my back, shoulders and arms so she gives me a glycolic acid peel. It's not too expensive and I do it once a month. Any aesthetician at any spa does these treatments all the time. It is a 70% Glycolic Acid peel that treats acne. I swear by it and I am an oily b*stard. It dries them out in a couple of days and keeps breakouts away for at least a month. I get them free so I go every four weeks but I bet you can go longer periods between peels. Other meds or creams are a joke compared to this stuff. Plus the aesthetician will do extractions in those hard to reach areas so you don't bruise. Look into it.

Thread Information