NJou812 is offline Associate Member

Question Test not for Beginnners?????

Ok, so I know that Test is the foundation of every cycle (or at least the vets and Mods, who have way more experience/knowledge than me, believe so whole heartedly).
    So why is it in every AS book I read, and even in the Test Eth description in the Steriod profiles of this site I read:
    "Despite this(the benefits of Test Eth) we recommend that steroid novices stay away from all testosterone compounds. To make it very clear: Those who have never taken steroids do not yet need any testosterone and should wait until later when the "weaker" steroids begin to have little effect. For the more advanced, Testosterone enanthate can either be taken alone or in combination with other compounds."

Is this just old school thinking?
    or....
    should newbies be using small amounts of test with weaker AS, so that when other AS being used have shut down the HPTA, test is available to ensure "everything" works? Just curious and trying to understand more about Testosterone's role in cycles as a 'foundation' drug.

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    most of those books are outdated.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Definitely needs to be updated!!!!

Honest Abe is offline Associate Member
    do a search you'll find all the info you need!

and yes that is an "old school" way of thinking. its just flat out incorrect. i've done a cycle without test and i will never do that again. without test your just not a real man bottom line.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    it is old school and outdated -- probably from the days of dbol only cycles.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    alot of peeps still think that way, especially over here in the fatherland and the rest of europe....we here on this board know better

NJou812 is offline Associate Member
    cool, thx

The real question is this: In the case of traditional steroids , why wouldn’t low doses of testosterone in a cycle stacked with other AAS be enough to maintain the natural systemic benefits of testosterone (ie. libido, sense of well being, proper bodily functions ect...)?

Yes, without question testosterone is needed during a cycle to sustain the natural systemic functions of testosterone; however, keeping in mind the body only produces 5-15mg naturally, a dose of more than 250mg week during stacking seems unnecessary if one chooses, for whatever reasons, not to run high amounts of Test.

I love Test and it will always be a base of my cycles. Nonetheless, someone has to paly devils advocate

Do not dodge the question with; Test is awesome, why wouldn't you want to run high amounts of Test? or That's what I heard.

Nonetheless, I am positive there is a really good reply to this. That's what I am fishing for

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    I know the general concensus is to add a little more test than Eq (or deca etc) in a cycle, but what do you reckon the minimum amount of test needed to be added to a cycle (of say Eq) is, just to maintain normal bodily function (not to add to growth etc)

For example in HRT you might use say 25mg of Test prop E2D
    So assuming you have HPTA shut down on say 400mg Eq EW would 25 mg Test P
    sort out your wang/libido probs

Put another way.....
    I wanna do an Eq only cycle(500mg EW), but want to add an absolute minimum amount of Test E to keep my equipment running smoothly
    Im sure everyone will say to add at least 500mg test, but why not just enough to keep everything ticking over?? (eg 200mg test EW)
    Assuming Im not expecting any growth from the test.......

Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    I know the general concensus is to add a little more test than Eq (or deca etc) in a cycle, but what do you reckon the minimum amount of test needed to be added to a cycle (of say Eq) is, just to maintain normal bodily function (not to add to growth etc)

For example in HRT you might use say 25mg of Test prop E2D
    So assuming you have HPTA shut down on say 400mg Eq EW would 25 mg Test P
    sort out your wang/libido probs

Put another way.....
    I wanna do an Eq only cycle(500mg EW), but want to add an absolute minimum amount of Test E to keep my equipment running smoothly
    Im sure everyone will say to add at least 500mg test, but why not just enough to keep everything ticking over?? (eg 200mg test EW)
    Assuming Im not expecting any growth from the test.......
    start a new thread, getting thread-jacked sucks if you're the one asking the initial question.

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    Errr.......No thread-jack here matey!!!!........''Test not for begginners''......................

My post was relevant- I was speaking hypothetically & trying to get Beefcakestew to elaborate on his comments !!

If that's a thread-jack then I'm sorry!!!!

unreal is offline New Member
    well thats pretty good! just signed up to ask that exact question!

read it in the TESTOSTERONE ENANTHATE profile then looking at recommended cycles for beginners saw it contradicting itself!
    perhaps you could update the profile page?

Thread Information