Natural Mac is offline Associate Member

Somebody please explain Test

From all the posts I have been reading, it looks like the main reason to use test as a base (other than to gain size, mostly due to water retention) is to prevent your junk to stop working during the cycle. Is this correct? (yes/no)

Can't Proviron address this problem? This would prevent the water retention associated with Test as well, right?

I am just trying to understand the reason Test MUST be run in all cycles. Everyone keeps responding, "Where's the Test?" and no one is explaining the true reason and thinking behind why it should be used. They just say "do some research." Well, when research is done, all I come up with is stuff that is outdated. PLEASE, somebody HELP!!!

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Test, or TESTOSTERONE , is the male sex hormone responsible for growing muscle. If you want huge muscles, inject test. (and take something like dbol ) You need a base from years of working out BEFORE you inject test, or else you will F yourself up reel good.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Your body produces test on its own and it has more than one purpose as far as the functioning of your body. You take that away by doing AS and your body will be out a vital hormone.

Quote Originally Posted by mark956101957
    Your body produces test on its own and it has more than one purpose as far as the functioning of your body. You take that away by doing AS and your body will be out a vital hormone.

Understood. What sides should you expect without Test? 30 years ago they didn't run Test, and they looked pretty **** good then.

kronik is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Mac
    Understood. What sides should you expect without Test? 30 years ago they didn't run Test, and they looked pretty **** good then.
    mainly libido issues IMO..

builtthekid is offline Banned
    And i would think u would have bone density problems.
    And problems with your vital organs.

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    so why not run test at HRT type doses rather than 400mg+

I know everyone says run test a little higher than any other AAS included in your cycle,

but

would an HRT type dose (eg 25mg Test Prop E2D) sort out any probs you may get from shutdown? (eg from say a 400mg Eq EW cycle?)

if not why not!!??

MikeyZ23 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Misfortune
    You need a base from years of working out BEFORE you inject test, or else you will F yourself up reel good.
    No doubt

Russ616 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Mac
    From all the posts I have been reading, it looks like the main reason to use test as a base (other than to gain size, mostly due to water retention) is to prevent your junk to stop working during the cycle. Is this correct? (yes/no)

Can't Proviron address this problem? This would prevent the water retention associated with Test as well, right?

I am just trying to understand the reason Test MUST be run in all cycles. Everyone keeps responding, "Where's the Test?" and no one is explaining the true reason and thinking behind why it should be used. They just say "do some research." Well, when research is done, all I come up with is stuff that is outdated. PLEASE, somebody HELP!!!
    It's not a huge issue with anything other than tren or deca , which should always have test accompany them IMO. Tren and deca being progestins, increase prolactin to very high levels. Elevated prolactin levels can has adverse effects on neurotransmitters, in particular, dopamine, Irregularities in dopamine levels have been implicated in many psychological disorders, but primarily depression. For some not well-understood reason, test has the ability to negate/reverse this effect
    There are also the libido issues and potent inhibitory effects on HPTA that the progestins alone can cause, which also can be somewhat alleviated by using test with them.

Something like deca, especially, is very anabolic and not very androgenic at all. However, using it alone shuts down endogenous test production and therefore also DHT. This leaves a person with little to no androgens in the body, which is a prime environment for estrogenic effects to make themselves felt.
    einstein

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by builtthekid
    How far up your a$$ did you have to reach to get that one?

Post something to back up that rediculous claim.

Russ616 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by builtthekid
    That could be and probably is the most stupid answer I have ever heard. Bro , don't post if you don't know... Don't post on things that you think, only things you know...

damian is offline Associate Member
    IMHO....its all in the food....how much and how clean......test just make things made faster......

Quote Originally Posted by Russ616
    It's not a huge issue with anything other than tren or deca , which should always have test accompany them IMO. Tren and deca being progestins, increase prolactin to very high levels. Elevated prolactin levels can has adverse effects on neurotransmitters, in particular, dopamine, Irregularities in dopamine levels have been implicated in many psychological disorders, but primarily depression. For some not well-understood reason, test has the ability to negate/reverse this effect
    There are also the libido issues and potent inhibitory effects on HPTA that the progestins alone can cause, which also can be somewhat alleviated by using test with them.

Something like deca, especially, is very anabolic and not very androgenic at all. However, using it alone shuts down endogenous test production and therefore also DHT. This leaves a person with little to no androgens in the body, which is a prime environment for estrogenic effects to make themselves felt.
    einstein
    So if it is not a progestin (i.e. Deca or Tren), test is not required other than for additional size and strength?

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    It comes down to having a well balanced Androgen to Anabolic hormone ratio. You cant just take mainly Anabolic hormones with mildly Androgenic effects. Not only will you have problems with sex drive but with stamina and energy levels. Whats the point of taking steroids if you dont even feel like working out.

Plus the increased sex drive is great!!!!!

Test is not something that you just use for additional size. And yes there is some bloat but not as bad as some of the other options, D-Bol, Anadrol and such. You can do a D-bol/Deca cycle. I have done it with good success, but I will always use test as my base for any cycle I do from now on. There are alot of cycles you can do without test but I bet if you had experiance with them you would prefer Test base cycles as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    It comes down to having a well balanced Androgen to Anabolic hormone ratio. You cant just take mainly Anabolic hormones with mildly Androgenic effects. Not only will you have problems with sex drive but with stamina and energy levels. Whats the point of taking steroids if you dont even feel like working out.

Plus the increased sex drive is great!!!!!

Test is not something that you just use for additional size. And yes there is some bloat but not as bad as some of the other options, D-Bol, Anadrol and such. You can do a D-bol/Deca cycle. I have done it with good success, but I will always use test as my base for any cycle I do from now on. There are alot of cycles you can do without test but I bet if you had experiance with them you would prefer Test base cycles as well.
    This makes great sense. Thank you for the input. Okay now, here comes the dumb question. Keeping with a balance of Adrogenic and Anabolic gear, would Dbol match up good to something like EQ or Masteron , or does each individual steriod require a balance of andros and anabols?

RAM2500 is offline Member
    What about Test only cycles? Is this OK?

quez82 is offline Associate Member
    posted by Fcontact on Qualitymuscle

TESTOSTERONE … WHAT DOES IT DO ?
    By L.Rea

The main androgen focused upon for this discussion is testosterone. But please
    realize that almost all synthetic AAS are chemical variants of testosterone and therefore
    much of the characteristics apply to them as well. (But not all!) Testosterone has two
    distinct characteristics or effects.
    First, its anabolic characteristics (tissue building) which express themselves as
    increased and accelerated muscle tissue build-up which leads to faster recovery time after
    training, illness, and injuries, and to a quicker "regeneration" (I hate that word!) of the
    entire body. This is because an anabolic response leads to the promotion of protein
    synthesis and tissue repair or increase.
    Secondly, androgenic characteristics or effects which are commonly referred to as
    secondary male characteristics that promote sexual behavior, libido, development and
    maturing of the penis, body hair, beard growth, deeper voice, aggressiveness, and
    formation and maturation of sperm. And of course, as any pubescent boy will tell you,
    increased production of the sebaceous gland and pimples.
    As mentioned before, circulatory levels of testosterone also effect HPTA function,
    so I should not list it as a characteristic unless I also list pretty much every other sexhormone
    as well.
    When discussing the characteristics of testosterone or its androgen cousins and
    synthetic AAS relatives, it is important to understand the difference between free (or
    active) testosterone and bound (or inactive) testosterone/AAS (Anabolic/Androgenic
    Steroids ). Bound testosterone is inactive because it is bound to SHBG (Sex Hormone
    Binding Globulin) and to a lesser degree, albumin. The sex-steroid molecules are bound
    by SHBG contained in the blood, which prevents them from fitting into their receptors.
    That will be explained later. Free (unbound/active) testosterone is able to transmit its
    characteristics because it fits into receptors. Bound testosterone equals about 97-99% of
    total testosterone circulation while free testosterone equals 1-3% of total testosterone.
    That probably does not sound like much, but even 0.1-0.3 mg of free testosterone has a
    whole lot of individual separate molecules. And 1 molecule can activate every receptorsite
    it binds to.
    Males have a total testosterone reference range of 225-950 ng/dl (nanograms per
    decaliter). And a free testosterone reference range for males is 1-3% of the total
    testosterone reference range. Females have a total testosterone reference range of 14-76
    ng/dl and a free testosterone reference range of 0.5-1.8 ng/dl.
    Bound testosterone can be unbound due to metabolic requirements and different
    steroid molecules. And both endogenous and exogenous AAS can react differently to
    SHBG. For this reason some synthetic AAS can alter the ratio for any other free and/or
    bound androgenic levels.
    *As can prohormones and some minerals such as zinc, copper, and magnesium.
    Most steroid molecules are specific to their respective cell receptors. This means
    only testosterone/androgen/AAS molecules can fit into (and transmit their respective
    message) testosterone/androgen receptor-sites. This is due to shape and size much like a
    key and a lock: Some keys can fit into other locks, but only the right key can fit in and
    activate the mechanism. Steroid molecules travel through the blood stream and
    lymphatic system. This means that everywhere blood goes, the molecules are sure to
    follow. Using muscle cells as an example, testosterone molecules circulate until they
    come into contact with testosterone/androgen receptor-sites on the muscle cell. Then
    they lock together and they form a complex called (what else?) a steroid / receptor
    complex. Now the complex travels to the cell nucleus where it can bond to specific
    sequences on the nucleic acid sections of desoxyribonucleic acid (DNA). Here is where a
    transcription happens and a template of the DNA is created, resulting in messenger
    ribonucleic acid (mRNA). The mRNA exits the cell nucleus and bonds to/with RNA in
    the liquid part of the cell called the cytoplasm. Here a translation of the message takes
    place and an increase in protein synthesis occurs. There is a correlating decrease in
    catabolism as well. This is because testosterone molecules can occupy cortisol receptorsites
    and block them. Therefore cortisol can not get in to transmit its message. The
    results are growth! A simple way of looking at this is… you go to someone's house to
    deliver a message and their mom relays it exactly so the job gets done. Sorry about the
    techno-geek info, but it helps later.
    *It should be noted that different labs in different places use slightly different reference
    ranges. As example 300-1000ng/dl is a common male reference range used by my local lab.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    How in the heck did guys like Ben Johnson or the East Germans have enough energy to workout then when they were running highly anabolic Winstrol or Oral Turibinal?

anybody??.....or is this a stupid question

Natural Mac, I suppose that would work as well as a D-bol/Deca cycle. But trust me I have been there Testosterone is the way to go. I have had a couple mistake cycles under my belt and Now I know that I want testosterone to be the base of my cycles. Is there a reason you are trying to avoid Testosterone??? maybe side effects??? Most side effects can be dealt with.

I have heard of guys taking winstrol /equipoise cycles and they swear they do great on them. All though I have heard a few that have energy problems which is what I suspected. I wouldnt try it. And I think that the people that go this route have very different goals than me. Because I dont consider 5-7lb lean muscle gain all that impressive.

I have not taken Stanzolol but from what I read from profiles and articles. It is a precursor to DHT. Which would give it a Androgenic effect. Who is Ben Johnson ???

Quez 82 good post!!!!!!!!

Ben Johnson....100m olympic/wr holder busted for winstrol

little-one is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Misfortune
    Test, or TESTOSTERONE, is the male sex hormone responsible for growing muscle. If you want huge muscles, inject test. (and take something like dbol) You need a base from years of working out BEFORE you inject test, or else you will F yourself up reel good.
    F yourself up real good ...how???? please explain

Winstrol is also bad on your tendons when taken by itself. It hardens them making them more brittle. And it also increases collagen synthesis but doesnt increase cross linking integrity. Cycling Stanzolol with Testosterone alone only makes this worse.

Its an intresting claim, but I do agree to a certain extent. I ussually ate/worked out/cycled like a power lifter. well when my fat% got too high and my cardiovascular system was weak. I feel that when I began a cycle it stressed me more than when I was younger and leaner( more athletic). I will always try to keep my cardiovascular system up to par from now on. DO I think I messed myself up???No But I do think it hidered my progress with my cycle, yes.

Theres no telling what hes talking about. There is alot of reasons I can think of why not to cycle before you have workout/diet experiance. Which im not gonna put an age/time frame or any other conditions on it. You know when you know what you are doing.

Thread Information