bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member

48hrs Friday 8pm & steroids

Just seen the 48hrs for tommorow. Its about a young kid who died from steroids (according to the commentator)

max-it is offline Member
    Thnx man, just set my Tivo to record it for me.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Just seen the 48hrs for tommorow. Its about a young kid who died from steroids(according to the commentator)

I saw the preview for that, more bullsh*t press about how bad AAS are.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Good now I know what not to watch

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Great

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    as soon as the olympics are over with all this steroid hype will end imo (hopefully might i add!)

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttiger54
    as soon as the olympics are over with all this steroid hype will end imo (hopefully might i add!)
    when the elections are over is a more accurate time line

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    hmmm, i think i read about this already, is it about a kid who played baseball, and gear caused him to be depressed? or a diff story?
    Last edited by Z-Ro; 08-05-2004 at 09:19 PM.

promiscio is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Ro
    hmmm, i think i read about this already, is it about a kid who played baseball, and gear caused him to be depressed? or a diff story?
    \

Thats what it looked like in the previews. Probably going to talk about how he used steroids and it killed him but not mention all the coke or whatever else he was using...

somedude247 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Just seen the 48hrs for tommorow. Its about a young kid who died from steroids(according to the commentator)

more propaganda....

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

you know what ?

Quote Originally Posted by promiscio
    \

Thats what it looked like in the previews. Probably going to talk about how he used steroids and it killed him but not mention all the coke or whatever else he was using...
    good. one less stupid person on this earth to deal with. there are enough already

promiscio is offline Member
    Darwinism at work...

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    I can't wait!!! lol

Vet@ BigdogBodybuilding
    Vet@ Anabolic Impact

2dsl4u is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    good. one less stupid person on this earth to deal with. there are enough already
    Amen

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Only the strong being us survive the weak
    will die off.

weightshead is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by promiscio
    Darwinism at work...
    big bump.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Too many kids doing AS. My oldest boy is 15 I'm already planning on giving him piss tests, I have one of those hand held breathalizers from when I used to party a lot, and I'm gonna include a good room tossing every so often.

I don't need a friend I need my son in tact and safe. I'm sure some of you wil disagree with this but I was a wild one I know all the tricks and my ways as a kid did nothing but impede my progress as a person and intellectually.

So he'll hate me until he get's married and has kids ,I can live with that.

nwp
    nwp is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Ro
    That's what I was thinking. I watched the 60 minutes special on the 17 year old baseball player who committed suicide. I saw the previews for the 48 hour special tonight and it looked like a different kid. We'll see

Russ616 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nwp
    That's what I was thinking. I watched the 60 minutes special on the 17 year old baseball player who committed suicide. I saw the previews for the 48 hour special tonight and it looked like a different kid. We'll see
    either way it will be twisted and so inaccurate

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Just to calrify a bit. I saw the commercial and it's 9pm Eastern/10pm Central time in the add I saw. 8pm must be another time zone.

MyBodyIsMyTemple is offline Associate Member
    sure now every wanna-be news show needs to jump on the AS bandwagon-

those shows are more like fictional drama's becaus ethey have about 20% facts and 80% drama and the real truth stays lying on teh cutting room floor of the editing room

Lets see how much truth gets twisted this time

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Too many kids doing AS. My oldest boy is 15 I'm already planning on giving him piss tests, I have one of those hand held breathalizers from when I used to party a lot, and I'm gonna include a good room tossing every so often.

I don't need a friend I need my son in tact and safe. I'm sure some of you wil disagree with this but I was a wild one I know all the tricks and my ways as a kid did nothing but impede my progress as a person and intellectually.

I agree with you a 100% and good job on not playing the role of friend and not parent. I work with screwed up teens all day long and the #1 factor of these stupid a$$ kids is their stupid a$$ parents: They want to be their kids to be friends and let them do anything. Well guess what that is the WRONG ANSWER! I think it is important that children learn what boundaries are, because guess what when they get older life will have its own boundaries that will not be as forgiving. Good job Victor… keep it up. If more parents were like you, I would not have a job, but IMO that is all right.

nwp
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ616
    either way it will be twisted and so inaccurate
    Exactly. If they told the story the way it really was then audience would realize that the steroids aren't what caused the death. Just another one of many misrepresentations on the media's behalf

Sustman is offline Junior Member
    That was the worst ****ing special I have ever seen. It was just how I thought it would be but only 10X worse. The two guys that were using looked like fat teenagers that never even worked out in their life, need to say use AAS. Oh yeah and since I have used before I think I am gonna go kill myself cause I just can't go on without them........... How ****ing sad is that???????????

nottobig is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sustman
    That was the worst ****ing special I have ever seen. It was just how I thought it would be but only 10X worse. The two guys that were using looked like fat teenagers that never even worked out in their life, need to say use AAS. Oh yeah and since I have used before I think I am gonna go kill myself cause I just can't go on without them........... How ****ing sad is that???????????
    I agree. The kid they talked to used for a year and half and his bulked up photos were terrible. He had some size but did not appear to have much if any muscle. Said he was using d-bol cycles. Now that he is clean he is under the supervision of a doctor and on medication

nwp
    I missed it. So it wasn't about the ball player that hung himself?

AnabolicAlien Guest

sheesh...

saw the previews myself. can't bear to watch it. i don't need to see another sensationalist story about how steroids are soooooo bad for you and evil b/c some teenage punk died while using them improperly. spare me!!!

A.A.

j.r.w. is offline Associate Member
    I didnt see the show, but just hearing about it makes me want to quit using AS. The only problem is that now I'm scared to quit because I'm afraid I will want to die if I quit. I don't know what to do. I'm caught in the dangerous cycle of steroid dependency. Oh well, I guess I'll keep using. I'd rather die swole anyway. Peace Bro's

I think if you feel like you are in a situation where there is no hope and you feel like you can not go on living then you need to see a professional right away no matter what your doing because it probably is not the chemicals, but rather depression. Twenty million people suffer from depression a year and a lot of them do not even know it. Depression is a real disorder that can be masked and then the cause is some generic reason such as AAS or other drugs or bad music or too much TV ect. However, if you are feeling low get some help right away, because it can become serious and when all hell breaks loose, they will blame the cause on whatever you were doing at the time never really dealing with the real issue.

Signs of Depression in Teens
    Sudden change in eating habits.
    Sudden change in sleeping habits.
    Giving away possessions or making a will (aka the "Dead Giveaway").
    Sudden mood swings.
    Sudden changes in appearance (clothing/hair style, lack of hygiene).
    Tendency to isolate self for extended periods, resenting requests to come out of isolation.
    Withdrawal from friends and other close relationships, including family members.
    Sudden changes in communication patterns.
    Uncustomary passivity, lack of emotional response, or "lashing out" inappropriately.
    Suddenly limiting interaction to one particular friend -- probably the "sounding board" for your child's feelings and emotions-- make contact with this person and insist that he or she disclose whether your child has mentioned hurting or killing himself. Ask this person if she/he thinks your child needs help. (This was one of the few clues we had, and had there been one more day, we might have acted on it instinctively. As it is, he gave us no time. The last person to talk to Trevor was his special friend. They were still talking on the phone when we went to bed on the last night of his life.)
    Unwillingness or reluctance to discuss the future.
    Saying things like
    I won't be here.
    You won't have to deal with me.
    You'd be better off without me.
    Life is meaningless.
    Death is probably a solution to my problems.
    Would you miss me if something happened to me?
    I think I might be crazy/insane.
    Romanticizing death.
    Listening exclusively to death-related, depressing music.
    Lack of interest in usually enjoyable activities.
    Resentment, belligerence, or disdain toward optimistic outlooks (happy music, happy endings)
    Inability to compromise or see alternative (i.e., more optimistic) viewpoints.
    Decline in grades not attributable to any particular reason.
    Decline in physical activity or frantic, compulsive behavior.
    Sleeplessness and irritability.
    Headaches, stomach-aches, and other "vague" physical discomforts.
    Inability to concentrate.
    Generalized anxiety or despondency.
    Onset of "risky" behaviors, such as
    reckless driving, skating, bike-riding, swimming alone
    drug-experimentation
    sexual promiscuity
    fighting, baiting others towards physical confrontation
    self-mutilation
    fascination with guns, knives, fire, death.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be especially vigilant is your child is male, romantic, bright and/or sensitive. For some reason these boys are especially vulnerable to completing suicide. Wish someone had told us that.

Other risk factors include:
    Parents divorce
    Parental Alcohol/Drug abuse
    Prolonged illness (mental or physical) of a parent or sibling
    Death in the family
    Uprooting during adolescence (changing custodial parent, moving, etc.)
    ADD and Learning Disorders
    Lack of faith (not any particular religion, but lack of faith in a higher, benevolent power)
    Low self-esteem, poor self-image
    Trouble making and/or keeping friends
    Compulsion to succeed (be perfect)
    First born/middle born
    Child does not handle rejection/criticism well
    Child easily frustrated
    History of depression/suicide (attempts or completions) in family
    If you have not had extensive discussions with your child about teen stresses and emotional changes
    If you had a tough time as a teen, chances are your child will, too.
    I will continue to add to this list as I learn more.

Be sure to read about triggering events frequently associated with teen suicide.

Depression and other mental illness is poorly understood. Part of the reason is we don't manage pain well in our society. Rooted deep in many of our religious beliefs is the notion that human pain and suffering are God's retribution for our sins. Suffer on Earth so that we may attain eternal bliss in heaven. What a sad paradox. Add to this the culturally-rooted idea that showing pain openly is wrong:

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    That show sucked it was a bullsh!t!!! The kid even said he shot d-bol--wtf I have never heard of that! They were both fat and out of shape.

kronik is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessNY
    That show sucked it was a bullsh!t!!! The kid even said he shot d-bol--wtf I have never heard of that! They were both fat and out of shape.
    Didn't see the show and didn't want to...Yes dbol can be injected it is called reforvit-b(but I dont advise it). I beleive they may be several more injectable dbol's, but I dont Know there names.

max-it is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessNY
    Yeah bro I caught that too. First thing I said was "inject dbol ?". The show is a perfect example of why teens should NOT do steroids . The kid didn't know what he was taking or proper dosages. No PCT, contiuous cycle for more than a year. His after pictures showed obvious bloat. His aggression tells me that his dosages were too high for his body or he was using the wrong compound. This show was such bullsh!t, it was spun to make all aas look like heroin use. What we need is an aas "no spin zone". I could make a documentary (or crockumentary) that shows multivitamins kill and ruin lives if all I did was focus on a few individuals who abused and/or misused while ignoring the majority who have benefited. All this show did is get me pi$$ed off.

DanRT117 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor

i agree, good for you. my dad told me that he was an a****** for 18 years so i wouldnt be one for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by DanRT117
    i agree, good for you. my dad told me that he was an a****** for 18 years so i wouldnt be one for the rest of my life
    He was a what?

Quote Originally Posted by DanRT117
    He was a what?

Thread Information