nwp
    nwp is offline Junior Member

Need Help: Parents want me to take a blood test to make sure I'm healthy...

I did a search but couldn't really get the answer I was looking for.
    They want me to get a blood test to make sure my Cholestorol is not high, and just basically to make sure everything is normal. They had mentioned this a while back, but I shrugged it off.
    Well this week they are really on my ass to get it done. I'm 4 days into a Test E cycle (two injections so far). Do I have time to get the blood work before the Enanthate begins to affect my levels? Or should I just avoid getting it done until a later date. I know it would have been wise to get it done prior to starting the cycle to make sure everything was ok before proceeding, but I have never had any health problems in the past and I just assumed I was in good health.
    I inject Sunday morning and Wednesday night, if that matters in when I get the blood test.
    Thanks.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    4days.....go take the blood test man nothing will show up drastically wrong or suspicious

nwp
    ok cool, I didn't see how 4 days would be enough time to drastically effect my test. I would rather be safe than sorry.

OzPower is offline New Member
    Take the test, 4 days is not much.... people can produce high cholesterol naturally, have your parents got a test to compare it to?

nwp
    Quote Originally Posted by OzPower
    Take the test, 4 days is not much.... people can produce high cholesterol naturally, have your parents got a test to compare it to?
    no, I haven't had blood work since I got mono like 4 years ago. I don't even think they would have the records of that.
    My parents think I've screwed up my body because they found some PH's a while back and some clenbuterol in my room. I used PH's for two short cycles and realized there are better things out there. I just have overprotective parents which is sad because I'm 23 and they treat me like I'm 12.
    Last edited by nwp; 08-05-2004 at 07:15 PM.

OzPower is offline New Member
    your safe... What are they doing going through your room anyway!!!

smalldogbigdogbrain is offline Junior Member
    that funny ive lived with grandparents like that, talk about no privicy. They about freaked on me when they came across a pin.

nwp
    Quote Originally Posted by OzPower
    your safe... What are they doing going through your room anyway!!!
    my dad is just a really nosey guy. They go in my room to get the phone or something and think they have the right to snoop.
    that funny ive lived with grandparents like that, talk about no privicy. They about freaked on me when they came across a pin
    They would kick me out if they found a needle. They just watched that 60 minutes special the other night about the kid that killed himself

BDTR is offline Retired
    You're 23 and live with your parents?

system admin is offline Owner
    I had my blood work done 7 weeks into a "small" (250gm/week cyp.) cycle and my results were so good it lowered my life/health insurance! :-) Nothing to worry about. Pills on the other hand like winny and d-bol will make your liver enzyme levels sky rocket and will have your parents kicking your ass out of their house for sure... like they should have done at 18! J/K :-)

equipped is offline New Member
    Are they going to test your testosterone level? Also, if they do a chemistry panel/liver function test, some of your chemistry's might be elivated, but unless they were already high/low, it won't make a difference. It is also a good thing to do (having you blood tested) while you are on your cycle, so you don't mess yourself up. If you are going to take it upon yourself to inject chemicals into your body, then take it upon yourself to check your levels. IMO

nwp
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    yeah it's pretty sad. I want to move out, but it's just hard when i have free rent and I'm still in school. Give me one more year

nwp
    Quote Originally Posted by equipped
    Are they going to test your testosterone level? Also, if they do a chemistry panel/liver function test, some of your chemistry's might be elivated, but unless they were already high/low, it won't make a difference. It is also a good thing to do (having you blood tested) while you are on your cycle, so you don't mess yourself up. If you are going to take it upon yourself to inject chemicals into your body, then take it upon yourself to check your levels. IMO
    I completely agree about checking my levels. I don't know what they check for exactly. I went to the doctor for a physical and told them I wanted a bloodtest as well. Not sure exactly what that entails.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Maybe do something to get their mind off the prohormones... like leave some marijuana on the dresser or some used women's panties under the bed, etc.

nwp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Maybe do something to get their mind off the prohormones... like leave some marijuana on the dresser or some used women's panties under the bed, etc.
    lol, that might work. But seriously though, trying to explain and justify things to adults is an impossible task. Trying to convince my mom that ephedrine is safe was impossible. They get these ideas in their heads and won't budge. She speaks out her ass about how ephedrine has killed thousands of people, and of course uses the Orioles baseball player as an example.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    hey, i lived at my parents house during summers while i was in school until i was 23 and graduated. now i never even visit them

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    At least they care!! Good parents if you ask me but other test are as important if not more...

Homer 8 is offline Associate Member
    never mind been 23 and livung with them but for them to still be ordering u bout like that to get tests i find hard to belive are u sure u didnt lie bout ur age to stay on this site i find it really hard to belive unless u had a sever trauma that stops u from making decision for urself stand up to them and tell them to stick it

Wrek is offline New Member

Typically

Doctors will not test for Test levels unless specifically asked and usually it is total test.

The main things your doc will look for on a blood test are lipid levels, cholesterol, hematocrit (this is a good one to keep an eye on when using AA's), and liver function. There will be a great deal of info in addition to these numbers but if everything is normal (and it should be) then you shouldn't have a problem.

Before you take the blood test... might I suggest taking it easy on high cholesterol foods and refind carb foods for about 4 days? This will help to lower your cholesterol/lipid numbers a little if you are at all worried. Also make sure that you do no strenuous activity for about 12 hours before the blood test... this will help some of your numbers also (at least that's the advice they give for insurance premiums and they normally say 24 hours).

Good luck bro.

Paingain is offline Banned
    Dude, your going to be fine, 4 days on test E? That isnt even in your system yet. One time I had to go take a piss test at the doctors when I was 13 years old. I just got done rubbing one off like 10 minutes before we left for the appointment. The nurse came out into the waiting room with my cup of piss in her hand and said to my mom in front of like everybody, " He has some protien in his urine, we are going to need another test. Thanks bit*ch, just tell the whole place I let one go before I came in!!

nwp
    Quote Originally Posted by keithhoman
    never mind been 23 and livung with them but for them to still be ordering u bout like that to get tests i find hard to belive are u sure u didnt lie bout ur age to stay on this site i find it really hard to belive unless u had a sever trauma that stops u from making decision for urself stand up to them and tell them to stick it
    I just turned 23. My parents are pretty strict and they say if I don't like to live by their rules then move out. I don't have the ability to move out at the moment so I just suck it up and try and do what they say. I here it all the time when I complain. If I really didn't want to get a blood test then I would stand firm by it and not let them tell me what to do. However, i think it's a good idea to have it done.
    I went and got the bloodwork today so we'll see how it goes.
    Thanks guys for the help.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    get it done now...

The worse case they will put you on lipator... and just don't take it..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

kaorialfred is offline Member

that's what I was thinking, I hope to hell both my sons are out of the house by 18

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    if you can't afford your own place....then how are you affording gear? If you are truly 23 and still living at home and still worried like that about your parents....well....maybe you shouldn't be doing AS....just my opinion.

max-it is offline Member

system admin is offline Owner
    NWP, bottom line... It's a good idea to have blood work done. Your posts have been good ones. Just hope you really are 23 and not a youngster. Thanks for joining the board! There is much to learn here.

BC

nwp
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    NWP, bottom line... It's a good idea to have blood work done. Your posts have been good ones. Just hope you really are 23 and not a youngster. Thanks for joining the board! There is much to learn here.

BC
    Thanks. I just find it weird that my age is being questioned so ademently. I've been browsing the board for a long time and finally took the initiative to join. I have a lot more to learn, and look forward to doing so

if you can't afford your own place....then how are you affording gear? If you are truly 23 and still living at home and still worried like that about your parents....well....maybe you shouldn't be doing AS....just my opinion.
    That's kind of funny. How much does a Test E cycle cost including PCT? $250, and that's a high estimate. How much is rent in Southern California, one of the most, if not the most, expensive place to live in the country? $750-$1000 per month. I think that explains my current situation. I've lived in the same house my entire life, and although it may not be the norm in other places, a lot of kids are forced to live at home until they have completed college and obtained a real job. For now I live at home, go to school full-time and work part-time in the educational field. I don't think I need to defend my age, but regardless I assure you that I am infact 23 and I don't think not living at home should be a reason for steroids to be off-limits for me. Not trying to stir up an argument, just simply explaining my position.

Thread Information