Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depression

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member

Depression

When I am off steroids I am in a great depression. Everything in my life sucks. When I am on life is great. When I am off i find it hard to be motivated to do anything; gym, work, anything and everything. I just sit around and sulk about how things could be. I yearn for my next cycle knowing that my health problems caused by AS are present and will only get worse. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    I know that feeling...it does suck...but I got a girlfriend now and my last time I was off it wasn't so bad...It was really hard for me to find motivation but I made it through it somehow...but I feel you for sure

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    well bro... alot of people get depression off aas. i deal with depression whether off or on. you need to focus on what is good in your life and the things that make you happy. there is no reason to waste time being sad. have you ever had depression issues before using AS? if not, then mabye the best option for you right now is to quit entirely until things settle down for you mentally. there is nothing more important than your mental health. if your head isnt 100%, then everything in your life suffers. i implore you to seek professional help, regardless if you think that is admitting a weakness. you can get far better help from a professional than anonymous people on an internet message board.

if you need anything at all bro, PM me.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Wish I did, I get the same way... have a compulsive personality myself
    so I tend to get myself in all kinds of **** when I'm not working hard in
    the gym... Try to get into something else when you're off... Personally
    I try to do outdoor activities like mountain biking or crap like that when
    I come off... Just gives me another way of pushing myself to make me
    feel like I'm actually doing something, even though what I want to do is
    just keep injecting myself and lifting heavier and harder, but your body
    needs a break from time to time, so just look at it like that...

And whatever you do stay away from anti-depressants, they just make
    everything worst IMO...

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    [QUOTE=buff87
    And whatever you do stay away from anti-depressants, they just make
    everything worst IMO...[/QUOTE]

amen to that brotha...

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Yep funny how they make all these laws about roids and **** like
    anti-depressants are so much worst... They have their place i guess,
    but are bad news... I know people so dependant on them they can't
    even function in life without them... Not to mention they mostly work
    by making you feel nothing at all... **** when I used/abused them
    nothing mattered to me... **** that I'd rather feel bad then feel nothing
    at all... the saying whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger is true..

(buff now waiting for someone to come to the defense of anti-depressants)

[QUOTE=LilVito469]
    Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    And whatever you do stay away from anti-depressants, they
    just make everything worst IMO...[/QUOTE

amen to that brotha...

mrmanners is offline Junior Member
    Try something new. Get involved with something you have not done before. Sometimes you get stuck in a routine and tend to depend too much on the things that usually make you feel good. If they fail you sink into a deeper depression etc. You have to get a fresh perspective. Take a vacation or go volunteer at something or get a dog anything to mix things up a little, It'll help.

Good luck, M

How about quit my job? Quit school? and move to mexico? The sun and the sand and a drink in my hand w/ no problems.

Duma is offline Associate Member
    how many cycles have u done deacon...and has the depression been bothersom from cycle one on or did it gain momentum as u continued cycles?

SKiN is offline Member
    good question

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Deacon
    How about quit my job? Quit school? and move to mexico? The sun and the sand and a drink in my hand w/ no problems.

That may make your gear situation better but not your life. Almost everyone goes though the depresion. It will pass, ask any of the brothers in this place. Go out and sport your new bod and watch the girls flock to you. it happens bro to the best of us. best of luck to you.

Moto (jr)

I have done 2 cycles. And it has only recently appeared.

are your test levels back to normal yet?

i dunno, i just got the blood drawn. I will find out next monday.

theyre probably not...proviron will make them fly up...only a short-term fix tho...id recommend it though, i guarantee thatd help tremendously...sex-drive low?

SKiN is offline Member
    JW what was your past cycle Deacon?

Quote Originally Posted by MotoLifter
    That may make your gear situation better but not your life. Almost everyone goes though the depresion. It will pass, ask any of the brothers in this place. Go out and sport your new bod and watch the girls flock to you. it happens bro to the best of us. best of luck to you.

Moto (jr)
    Well the new bod isnt that impressive and that is also depressing. It was better before my cycles. I had less fat now i have more fat. Sucks

sex drive low? YEs

Last cycle: 10 weeks test e and 10 weeks eq

how could your body be worse?? thats the blues talking im sure...get some proviron ...it will help a-lot!

post cycle fat gain

I hope the doc finds that my test levels are low. Then hopefully when they are back up things are better. If he finds that they are normal then i am ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Duma
    how could your body be worse?? thats the blues talking im sure...get some proviron...it will help a-lot!
    What about just plain old nolvadex ? I have a lot of that. But no Proviron .

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    This is funny that this thread was at the top of the page when I logged on. I have been off cycle now for 4-6weeks and just today im feeling really down myself. All I do is workout,eat,sleep and breath bodybuilding. Its a nonstop thing where I never look like I want too. Im in a cutting phase(not cycle). And I cant even do the things i really enjoy without taking two steps back. I spend a weekend at the lake boating and drinking with my freinds eating barbeque food,and it takes me a week just to get back to feeling right. All of this just really irritates me. I try to stay fit so im attractive and my girlfreind is letting herself go. There seems to be no happy medium for me. I might just expect too much!

Really right now I have to be depressed because I even wonder if all this is worth it anymore!!!!!

have u been taking any pct? nolva wont boost your test like proviron and arimidex will but if thats all u have take it dude

well i have some ldex. I can try that. I did PCT after my cycle. But my cycle ended a few months ago.

I took HCG ,Nolvadex ,clomid therapy and Im still taking 50mgs of clomid right now.

I have some HCG laying around as well. But i am going to wait to see what the doc says. Even then i dont know how i would hide HCG in my frig.

Look for somthing that has been in there for about a month and wrap it in a baggy and put in there. I have a small refriderator in my lock closet and my girlfreind isnt allowed in there.

youll be cool bro, happy times

btw im in the mental health field....youre more than welcome to message me bro

Quote Originally Posted by Duma
    btw im in the mental health field....youre more than welcome to message me bro
    Thanks Duma I appreciate it.

deathBYproxy is offline New Member
    I've also experienced that, but look on the bright side, there is a whole new cycle to plan and get ready 4... i find that eating healthy, sleeping enough (not to much though) and still working out, even if it's not so heavy gets me back into happy world. it's all a mind set, u keep your mind happy and it'll keep u happy.
    good luck bro!

Quote Originally Posted by deathBYproxy
    I've also experienced that, but look on the bright side, there is a whole new cycle to plan and get ready 4... i find that eating healthy, sleeping enough (not to much though) and still working out, even if it's not so heavy gets me back into happy world. it's all a mind set, u keep your mind happy and it'll keep u happy.
    good luck bro!
    Thats a nice way of putting it.

MyBodyIsMyTemple is offline Associate Member
    When I am off steroids I am in a great depression. Everything in my life sucks. When I am on life is great. When I am off i find it hard to be motivated to do anything; gym, work, anything and everything. I just sit around and sulk about how things could be. I yearn for my next cycle knowing that my health problems caused by AS are present and will only get worse. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
    what health problems are you talking about, something other than the depression?

anyway AS use it as much mental as it is physical, both on and (especially) off cycles. (by the way how old are you? I found the older i got the better i became at dealing with teh mental aspect of being off yet still motivated and happy)

Make some tribulus and creatine cocktails and get in the gym!
    Last edited by MyBodyIsMyTemple; 07-13-2004 at 08:42 AM.

sauceman is offline Junior Member
    i have recently started feeling depressed too, i dont think its as extreme as your case but i saw the doc, and he prescribed some prozak. i hope it works, you scared me when you said it made you feel worse. i am on cycle to bro... very strange

redwizza is offline Associate Member
    begin/try effexor (anti dep.) 4 weeks prior to a cycle...take throughout based on doctor's doses and take it during pct. i can almost gaurantee u will see a very big difference in attitude. u will keep training and eating decently during pct, and not feel like ****. i did the same thing....i came off of a test/deca /dbol cycle totalling 3.5 months. ive been off for about 6 weeks now. although i have lost about 5-10 pounds of weight, strength is still going up and im getting cut very well naturally, WHY? because i did not lose motivation post cycle to keep training intensely and keep eating, atleast good amount of protein (im on low carb now). ask your doctor about effexor. gl

redwizza is offline Associate Member
    and on top of all that i did go through a BAD breakup a couple of weeks ago, just trying to say that i should be mentally shattered, with the fact that im on pct still! but im not

dogsofwar is offline Member
    That sounds more like situational depression. I have been on anti-dep for a long time and have had the whole list. Sometimes it takes a few tries at it as everyone reacts differently. A proven clinical fact, they DO work. Currently on wellbutrin and lexapro. You would be amazed at how much more motivated you become when on them. The first week or two kinda sux as your system will be adjusting (producing more seratonin than you are used to). Funky side effects at first, then they completely dissappear. Please feel free to ask anything about depresssion or anti-depressants. I know them well.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Wait till the blood results come in . If total test is low<200 maybe the dr will prescribe HRT at min doses. Since you have a previously depression condition the AAS may just add escpecially post time frame. As a natual remedy Try Sam-e. Your dr will know it. Not only it was proven it works by increasing neoprine/seratonin levels but is usefull for joint/cartiledge repair. Also your carbs need to be checked make sure you get enough. Does your dr. know about the AAS use? If not I suggest you tell him. Perhaps there is a reaction to the anti dep drugs you are taking. I also have to respectively disagree with deathbyprozy comments" look to the bright side to plan your next cycle. "Totally off base. Get you head straight FIRST as the next crash may be worse. Bottom line is seeking professional help is paramount. Good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information