956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Eliminate Nasty Tasting Research Chems...Cheap!

Over and over i see this come up, and never understand why this such a big deal for some people. Yes, the majority of research chemicals taste like crap! Well, unless you are a very desperate alcoholic....

The solution is very simple and i know i personally have recommended dozens of people to do this...but here it is in an open thread.
    Buy a bag of empty gelcaps. They can be ordered just about anywhere online, and picked up typically at a nearby health food store as well. 1000 of them can maybe set you back $15 tops.

All you do is first measure out your liquid, then move to gelcap, cap it, then swallow -> done. Now, you cannot store these, as they will dissolve in a matter of minutes-this is the only set back. But spending the extra cent to move the nasty liquids to a gelcap is worth the little extra effort imo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Eliminate Nasty Tasting Research Chems...Cheap!-nf-doubleo.gif  

somedude247 is offline Member
    Most excellent idea bro.....

kronik is offline Senior Member
    They do taste like ass, but the taste only lasts for 1 minute tops...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik
    They do taste like ass, but the taste only lasts for 1 minute tops...
    You may learn the hard way when/if you taste something with peg in the equation - nasty shiit

kronik is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    You may learn the hard way when/if you taste something with peg in the equation - nasty shiit
    what is usually made with peg? That way I can stay way the hell away from it.

biofx is offline Junior Member
    GREAT post! I have some other caps I have to break up and instead of just pouring the powder in my mouth I will use these.

Will these caps you posted dissolve if you just use powder? and where did you find the ones you posted?

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Its not a big deal untill you start using 4-5 research products a day. Then it starts to suck.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    I just add alittle water to mine, taste isn't too bad.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    It's the only alcohol I get on my cycle,so I savour the moment personally.

DoctaBig is offline Member
    i use orange juice. Orange juice knocks out almost all of the bad taste. Even the 300 mg clomid bong still is pretty tasteless.

Too late 956Vette!

From the DNP thread:

Quote Originally Posted by kingofmasters
    P.S. Team LR probably uses ethanol (Nail polish remover) as a dissolver so the stuff tastes like crap, right before taking it, put it in a Empty cap (the cap will dissolve within 2 minutes of coming in contact with a liquid so take it just before!)

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctaBig
    i use orange juice. Orange juice knocks out almost all of the bad taste. Even the 300 mg clomid bong still is pretty tasteless.
    Yea but I read somewhere orange juice acts like grapefruit juice when it comes to most ancillaries for steroids . It actually prevents the effective absorbtion or even destroys the ancillary in the stomach before it can be absorbed. Orange juice does the same thing with creatine, arginine and some other proteins as well. Ever read warnings on certain prescription drugs not to take citrus juices within so many hours of doing this drug, well when breast cancer patients get nolvadex or clomid, etc, they have these same stickers on them!

Krunchtime is offline Senior Member
    ditto... Oj kills all the taste

Krunchtime is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Yea but I read somewhere orange juice acts like grapefruit juice when it comes to most ancillaries for steroids. It actually prevents the effective absorbtion or even destroys the ancillary in the stomach before it can be absorbed. Orange juice does the same thing with creatine, arginine and some other proteins as well. Ever read warnings on certain prescription drugs not to take citrus juices within so many hours of doing this drug, well when breast cancer patients get nolvadex or clomid, etc, they have these same stickers on them!
    Ive done lots of researching on this because I thought the same thing as well but OJ in fact does not destroy the ancillary

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Yea but I read somewhere orange juice acts like grapefruit juice when it comes to most ancillaries for steroids. It actually prevents the effective absorbtion or even destroys the ancillary in the stomach before it can be absorbed. Orange juice does the same thing with creatine, arginine and some other proteins as well. Ever read warnings on certain prescription drugs not to take citrus juices within so many hours of doing this drug, well when breast cancer patients get nolvadex or clomid, etc, they have these same stickers on them!
    I think you have the mechanism all wrong...
    Affecting the P450 pathway like Grapefruit does, KEEPS some compounds from being degraded/broken down/destroyed.
    Right now doctors are doing tests with grapefruit to supply smaller amounts to get the same results (Especially useful for HIV-patients since they sometimes need over 30 pills a day!).
    The warning is intended for people who are sensitive for certain compounds to not have too much of it in their body due to it being more slowly destroyed!

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    I got them for like 8 bucks off 1fast400. 00 size.

Sometimes i really dislike the way the medical community tells patients a piece of information and then doesn't expain the details behind it. Here's the scoop directly from someone who just took a 600 level pharmacokinetics course .

The interaction between many drugs and "citrus fruits" is not a matter of absorbtion; rather its a matter of metabolism and more specifically the rate of metabolism.

There is a certain class of microsomal enzymes that are responcible for the majority of the metabolism of active compounds to inactives so they can be safely excreted by the body. This class of drugs is called the Cytochrome P-450 system (CYP-450). These enzymes are very dynamic and very extensive and there activity depends on the other chemicals around them. Many different compounds (many many many) augment this system in different ways, either by induction or inhibition.

This is where citrus fruits come in. Certain fruits contain chemicals that "inhibit" certain sub-groups of these enzymes. Basically what happens is the metabolism is slowed and the serum concentrations of the DRUGS go up, hence all the worries about the statin drugs (lipitor, zocor, mevacor) these drugs are solely metabolized by this cyp system and therefore when their metabolism is retarded they collect in the system and can become toxic.

If you wish to test this system try this out. Take two tablets of tagamet (cimetedine) the old tagament not the new antihistamine stuff...look for "cimetedine." This is a very powerful enzyme inhibitor. Then go out and have some beers (make sure it's cheat day ), see how many it takes you to get completely **** faced. I guarentee it wont be as many as normal.

sorry if this is kinda garbly...my buddies kid keeps asking me questions on how to play metroid

**** kom i started typing this a long time ago...how'd i know you would cock block me

**** kom i started typing this a long time ago...how'd i know you would cock block me
    LMAO --> Got nothing but love for ya brother!

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    I respect the fact that you are a mod but this belongs in the Ladies Forum because a real man will take it down with out complaining.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    I respect the fact that you are a mod but this belongs in the Ladies Forum because a real man will take it down with out complaining.
    Hey fooker, its for new guys like you that i posted this! You know, keep using the search funct, read the educational threads, and you will get the hang of this...i promise! best of luck

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    I guess I no longer have an excuse to stick to the tabs.......Still skeptical of research chems though, some guys claim they don't recover as well with em....

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    LMFAO.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Actually I was kidding, I made a post about when I squirted liquid Dbol in to my mouth and wanted to cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    It's the only alcohol I get on my cycle,so I savour the moment personally.
    Like I said before, I heard you make your liquid Nolvadex at 10mg/gallon.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Actually I was kidding, I made a post about when I squirted liquid Dbol in to my mouth and wanted to cry.

Like I said before, I heard you make your liquid Nolvadex at 10mg/gallon.
    Yeah but DB is a big guy...with a big habit to feed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    I guess I no longer have an excuse to stick to the tabs.......Still skeptical of research chems though, some guys claim they don't recover as well with em....
    Well, for what it is worth. I have labratory tested many of my personal 'research' chems, and have found that they are often more accurate and legit than tabs. With a solution like this it (if you know what you are messing with) more accurate to dose such items that need to be taken at or below 1mg give or take. There are no binder consistancy issues that can be with pills.

it all depends on where the product comes from, shouldnt be skeptical from most of the reliable places....

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    With a solution like this it (if you know what you are messing with) more accurate to dose such items that need to be taken at or below 1mg give or take. There are no binder consistancy issues that can be with pills.

it all depends on where the product comes from, shouldnt be skeptical from most of the reliable places....
    Yep, very true.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Gelcaps are good choice. I used it for my cycles. No pain, a lot of gain:-)

Thread Information