Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ephedra & ECA?

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member

Ephedra & ECA?

I am too fat 33% BF and it is time to shed some of the lbs so I got some clen and I was thinking about ECA too. I use to take ephedra when it was legal and liked the results for loosing weight, but it has been a while since I dieted and used weight loss supplements

All right I Just did a research query on Ephedra and got I bunch of stuff I did not need. So I am just going to create this thread in order to get a straight answer from the experts.

Here are my Questions:

1.Is Ephedra and Ephedrine the same thing (newbie question right)?

2.Since Ephedra has been banned in the U.S., can it be found readily on the net and where can I get some?

3.What is a good daily dose for ECA or is it do as much as possible until I cannot tolerate the sides?
    Last edited by Fat Guy; 08-05-2004 at 05:40 AM.

kronik is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Guy
    I am too fat 33% BF and it is time to shed some of the lbs so I got some clen and I was thinking about ECA too. I use to take ephedra when it was legal and liked the results for loosing weight, but it has been a while since I dieted and used weight loss supplements

All right I Just did a research query on Ephedra and got I bunch of stuff I did not need. So I am just going to create this thread in order to get a straight answer from the experts. Here are my Questions:

1.Is Ephedra and Ephedrine the same thing (newbie question right)?yes
    2.Since Ephedra has been banned in the U.S., can it be found readily on the net? ephedrine HCL it is OTC
    3.What is a good daily dose for ECA or is it do as much as possible until I cannot tolerate the sides?25mg ephredrine,200mg caffiene,81mg aspirin x3 ED but I dont recommed taking after 4 or 5 PM
    Look into Clenbuterol also..

Quote Originally Posted by kronik
    Look into Clenbuterol also..
    Yeah I got some clen and did my homework on that one. Thanks

I would appreciate anything from anyone. Thanks

DNP ....look into DNP...it works wonders...but be careful

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro,
    At 33% you're at at advantage when you're dropping weight. Before you jump in and start using "supplements", try having a steady diet, workout and cardio regime. I guarantee if you're disciplined just to eat right and stay focused with your consistancy on your cardio and training, you'll be dropping weight in no time.

Only jump into using supplements when you notice that your weight isn't dropping, regardless of whether or not you change up your diet and routine.

What happens when while using all these supplements you can't drop any weight? THEN what will you do?

IMO, do it natural at first and be consistant. When the weight stops dropping, then add in the supps and increase your calorie expenditure.

You the man bro, you can do it.

Thanks Ronny

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Man you dont need DNP !!! Meth works TOO!!!!!! Take Clen 2 weeks on two weeks off and in the two weeks you take off take an ECA stack.

what is DNP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    Man you dont need DNP!!! Meth works TOO!!!!!! Take Clen 2 weeks on two weeks off and in the two weeks you take off take an ECA stack.
    Exactly...diet and cardio are going to be a major factor with weight lose, but there reason IMO not to do ECA/Clen routine. It will jumpstart the whole process.

There is thread here somewhere called the "clenbuterol handbook" search for it and read it all.

DNP is a substance that is used in chemical pesticides, wood perservatives,and dye. It supposedly works very well for cutting fat. But I would hate to recommend it to someone and have someone die from it.

Im curious how are you measuring your BF% when its that high?????

I personally will never use DNP , to risky IMO...

The pinch test with calipers, which I know is not that accurate.

I want to do the body water test because I know it is way more accurate.

There is no way you could do an accurate skin fold test on a person with BF over 15%.I worked in a gym and did some personal training. When you measure a skin fold you need to be able to pinch the skin fold down to the muscle.Not being mean but I doubt they could even get a fat caliper on your abdominal skin fold. You can get a bio impedance meter to gauge your progress. people say they are not accurate, but they are consistant. Which means more to me for determining progress.

bump

Badmofo is offline New Member
    Can anyone answer his second question? I am also curious about this. Thanks

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Guy

All right I Just did a research query on Ephedra and got I bunch of stuff I did not need. So I am just going to create this thread in order to get a straight answer from the experts.

Here are my Questions:

1.Is Ephedra and Ephedrine the same thing (newbie question right)?

2.Since Ephedra has been banned in the U.S., can it be found readily on the net and where can I get some?

3.What is a good daily dose for ECA or is it do as much as possible until I cannot tolerate the sides?
    1) Ephedra is an herb native to central Asia, which can also be found under the name Ma Huang. Many people get confused about the difference between ephedra and ephedrine, but the answer to that problem is actually quite simple: ephedra is a plant; ephedrine is the active ingredient in ephedra. This relationship is somewhat similar to that of marijuana and THC, where marijuana is the plant that is smoked with THC being the active ingredient that produces the effects that are related to marijuana. (http://cseserv.engr.scu.edu/StudentW...earchPaper.htm)

2) Ephedra is illegal. Ephedrine can still be purshased legally.

3) 25mg/200mg/100mg of ephedrine/caffeine/aspirin three times a day before meals.

4) DNP = DO NOT PARTICIPATE.

Badmofo is offline New Member
    Thanks, and that has got to be the funniest ****in avatar i've ever seen!!!

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    1) Ephedra is an herb native to central Asia, which can also be found under the name Ma Huang. Many people get confused about the difference between ephedra and ephedrine, but the answer to that problem is actually quite simple: ephedra is a plant; ephedrine is the active ingredient in ephedra. This relationship is somewhat similar to that of marijuana and THC, where marijuana is the plant that is smoked with THC being the active ingredient that produces the effects that are related to marijuana. (http://cseserv.engr.scu.edu/StudentW...earchPaper.htm)

2) Ephedra is illegal. Ephedrine can still be purshased legally.

3) 25mg/200mg/100mg of ephedrine/caffeine/aspirin three times a day before meals.

I think people go too overboard when they hear DNP . If he knows enough about it, why not give it a go? When people hear DNP and toxic in one sentence, they sh*t bricks.

Quote Originally Posted by iNvid
    I think people go too overboard when they hear DNP. If he knows enough about it, why not give it a go? When people hear DNP and toxic in one sentence, they sh*t bricks.
    That's one opinion. I personally thing that it's irresponsible when someone asks for some info on ephedrine and someone says "Hey dude, injest some industrial solvent. It works great!!"

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    DNP is a substance that is used in chemical pesticides, wood perservatives,and dye. It supposedly works very well for cutting fat. But I would hate to recommend it to someone and have someone die from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik
    I personally will never use DNP, to risky IMO...
    Unlike most people who comment on this subject I've actually used both DNP and clen . If used responsibly DNP is *very* safe, clen however I'll never touch again (for me that stuff is evil).

Here's a good read about DNP, it's long but worth it.

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=115611

Putting it's safety aside, DNP is something that should be used for very short periods of time. With the amount of fat Fat Guy says he needs to lose, DNP won't make much of a difference. He needs something he can cycle on and off for an extended period of time such as ECA and/or clen .

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SV-1
    Unlike most people who comment on this subject I've actually used both DNP and clen . If used responsibly DNP is *very* safe, clen however I'll never touch again (for me that stuff is evil).

Here's a good read about DNP, it's long but worth it.

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=115611
    One more link.. http://forums.anabolicreview.com/showthread.php?t=1182 BTW guys, its not the DNP itself that kills you..its the dehydration. So if you're on 600mg of DNP and stranded in the desert without any water, you're a goner.

DNP is something that should be used for very short periods of time. With the amount of fat Fat Guy says he needs to lose, DNP won't make much of a difference. He needs something he can cycle on and off for an extended period of time such as ECA and/or clen.
    Bad_Man I like you, I really do. But your ignorance about this subject is showing through very badly. DNP is something that can be taken for a very long time with no problems what so ever. You do not develop a tolerance to DNP. Here is a US patent based on a study that had people on DNP for a year. They were medically monitored the entire time, had no problems, and KEPT THE WEIGHT OFF after the trial was over.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...S=PN/4,673,691

Quote Originally Posted by SV-1
    Bad_Man I like you, I really do. But your ignorance about this subject is showing through very badly. DNP is something that can be taken for a very long time with no problems what so ever. You do not develop a tolerance to DNP. Here is a US patent based on a study that had people on DNP for a year. They were medically monitored the entire time, had no problems, and KEPT THE WEIGHT OFF after the trial was over.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...S=PN/4,673,691
    I did a little research on DNP and what I found scared the hell out of me, so I stopped my research. So, you are right, I can be called ignorant on the matter. Thanks for the link. I'll read it thoroughly. I'll also continue my research. Maybe my opinion will change. Until then, I'll cease commenting on DNP.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    F*ck DNP .

I've never had to resort to using that in ANYONE I've assisted, and trust me, MANY wanted to use it!

With a sound program first (diet/cardio/exercise/rest) and all of the other "ancillaries" available to help with fat loss, this is one compound that never has to be touched.

I hate to say it, but most use this because they are LAZY, they want a quick fix, and they'd rather sit around on their (__!__) all day and do nothing. What??? U sure as hell ain't gonna get a good productive workout on that sh*t, cardio neither!! So, what are you really doing for YOURSELF, like internally, for your over-all health, heart, future, etc? That is the point of being HEALTHY.

Or, what happens when DNP is not at your disposal to "save your life", etc.

Much better plans of attack, however my new advice for everyone after I give my take on a subject is and remains........

"TO EACH HIS/HER OWN".

~SC~

I did a little research on DNP and what I found scared the hell out of me, so I stopped my research. So, you are right, I can be called ignorant on the matter. Thanks for the link. I'll read it thoroughly. I'll also continue my research. Maybe my opinion will change. Until then, I'll cease commenting on DNP.
    Thank you. My respect for you (which was high) has just gone up. I don't care when people say DNP scares them and they wont use it. Any more then it does when people on non BB boards say they're scared of ephedra and will never use it (the government banned it, and people have died from it too). It's just when people spread rumors that are not based on fact I get annoyed a bit. Kinda the same way most people spread false rumors that high protein diets cause your kidneys to fail and steroids make you beat up your wife.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    F*ck DNP .

I've never had to resort to using that in ANYONE I've assisted, and trust me, MANY wanted to use it!

With a sound program first (diet/cardio/exercise/rest) and all of the other "ancillaries" available to help with fat loss, this is one compound that never has to be touched.

I hate to say it, but most use this because they are LAZY, they want a quick fix, and they'd rather sit around on their (__!__) all day and do nothing. What??? U sure as hell ain't gonna get a good productive workout on that sh*t, cardio neither!! So, what are you really doing for YOURSELF, like internally, for your over-all health, heart, future, etc? That is the point of being HEALTHY.

Or, what happens when DNP is not at your disposal to "save your life", etc.

Much better plans of attack, however my new advice for everyone after I give my take on a subject is and remains........

"TO EACH HIS/HER OWN".

~SC~

Feel a little strongly about DNP Swole lol......

I can't lie and say I have never thought about using it..... hell I plan to use it in the near future because I want to see how well it really does work. However I agree with what you said 100% in the fact that you should definitely use hard work (diet, cardio etc) instead of this substance especially if you wish to maintain your new found weight loss. Definitely in Fat Guy's case DNP would not be the smartest choice or the healthiest..... but I wouldn't knock DNP usage for someone that is already relatively lean looking to compete or something of that nature and needs to shed the last few pounds of fat as fast as possible.

<<LMO>>

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I can assure you that someone who needs to lose just a few pounds would NOT be using this. Not anyone that I know of anyhow. A few lbs. is not cause to resort to such a serious compound.

Dunno, don't care, just passing along info. I've a plethora or horror stories about it from people from my board, Elite, etc., housed at my board. I chose not to bring those stories here because people are going to do what they are going to do, and I personally could care less. Just giving my thoughts on the matter. What actually plays out from this as far as people using it or not, makes no difference to me.

~SC~

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    I can assure you that someone who needs to lose just a few pounds would NOT be using this. Not anyone that I know of anyhow. A few lbs. is not cause to resort to such a serious compound.

Very true....

<<LMO>>

F*ck DNP .

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Very true....
    I find this to be ridiculous. It's people who haven't done their research about DNP who make statements like this. And by research I don't mean "I read what people posted and had to say at other BB boards." Go out and freaking RESEARCH! There are medical research sites you can find this info if you get off your ASS!

More people died in the USA from ephedra in 2003 then from DNP in the last 75 years!

And SwoleCat recommends ephedra to people on his programs.

I'm not recommending DNP over a healthy diet and exercise routine. But if you are doing that and want to supplement it with something, DNP (if used correctly) is VERY safe.
    Last edited by SV-1; 08-08-2004 at 12:05 AM.

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    hey bro....about one year ago I was around 100%bj
    j/k. Iwas 5'8 280 lbs. I thought **** this ****
    I started 1hr cardio in the am on an empty tank. weights 5 days a week cardio 7 days and only the best food.
    after A year I was 5"8 210 lbs. great reasults hu?
    just takes hard work and a real good diet. no bull ****.
    now I am in to the gear and starting to put weight on again.
    I will do a nother cutting cycle in the spring.
    If ya want to ad some stuff I would recomend clen or t3.as far as I know ephedra and ephedren are the same thing.{might be wrong} it is no longer legal to have/obtain/use
    in canada..I dount know about the usa.
    Just give it a good natural effort. you will be surprised.
    good luck bro

Now we have someone recomending T3. Hey, let's start fukking with our thyroid too!!

Angelis is offline Banned
    can you bring the stories anyway i would personally like to hear them if its not to much trouble

I have no problem with people that take DNP . I dont think they are stupid or Crazy. I just think it is something serious enough not to recommend it to new users like it is not serious. I feel Its the same with insulin .What if every Newbie that came on here had Insulin recommended to them for their first cycle. We would only contribute to more "steroid " deaths. I have read up on DNP and its nothing I want to take. I just think we should be a little more responsible than to suggest things like that to people that are new to the game. You have no idea wether this guy is actually gonna do his research on the subject, or if he is just gonna go out and find some and let an idiot tell him how to use it. Thats all im saying.

I have no problem with people that take DNP. I dont think they are stupid or Crazy. I just think it is something serious enough not to recommend it to new users like it is not serious. I feel Its the same with insulin.What if every Newbie that came on here had Insulin recommended to them for their first cycle. We would only contribute to more "steroid" deaths. I have read up on DNP and its nothing I want to take. I just think we should be a little more responsible than to suggest things like that to people that are new to the game. You have no idea wether this guy is actually gonna do his research on the subject, or if he is just gonna go out and find some and let an idiot tell him how to use it. Thats all im saying.
    I always do my homework bro. I am not some impulsive kid biting at the bit. I intend to go the (diet/ AM cardio/ workout) route first. I thought I would just check out some clen & ECA ideas before taking any supplements. There is a lot of smart bros in here and I like to hear much input before I make any decisions. You know I am too old to be impulsive.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Good luck Fat Guy. Make sure you start a weight training protocol too. Building muscle in turn will raise your BMR to eat calories. It's not going to happen overnight as its a lifestyle change. Also very important consult a doctor for a physical to ensure you can safely workout. Your heart is working hard on that bodyweight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information