Cuttup is offline Senior Member

How Toxic is Nolvadex

Guys,

I read an article this morning stateting that Nolvadex is somewhat toxic to the liver. It included the heart stress related issues and even blood clots in the lungs. Whats your opnion on this?

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuttup
    Guys,

I read an article this morning stateting that Nolvadex is somewhat toxic to the liver. It included the heart stress related issues and even blood clots in the lungs. Whats your opnion on this?
    From my research there is a very low occurence of blood clots, but it is a reality, and a dangerous one at that. I would recommend a maintenance dose of asprin while using Nolvadex . Along with Vitamin E, Ginko Biloba, and Garlic. These herbs are anti-coagulants.

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    in a low percentage of people some clotting was seen with higher dosages. stick with 10mg/ed and you should be fine. and if the 10mg of nolva isn't enough then there's always l'dex

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    From my research there is a very low occurence of blood clots, but it is a reality, and a dangerous one at that. I would recommend a maintenance dose of asprin while using Nolvadex. Along with Vitamin E, Ginko Biloba, and Garlic. These herbs are anti-coagulants.

maintenance dose of aspirin how much per day?

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    maintenance dose of aspirin how much per day?
    Low. A baby asprin would be sufficient. 1 pill ED.

Thank you guys

Kevan is offline Associate Member
    When I was talking to my Dr, he was very concerned about me taking tamoxifen or Nolvadex as he said he has had a few women patients with blood clots, might not be as un-common as you suspect. He strongly suggested i stick with Proviron .
    Hope that helps

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Where is the article

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe 82mg asprin is theraputic dose

smalldogbigdogbrain is offline Junior Member
    well this post scares the crap out of me. I am on 20mg of nolva a day during pct. And i have been having some major headachs while benching and afterwards today.. I hope to hell its not blood cloting, that sounds way serious. I am thinking it is just a sinus infection that worsens when my bp is up and im straining. I have loward my weight while benching and the it seems to be a less of a problem. Could this be anything serious?

capone_22 is offline Junior Member
    bump! i used nolva along with my pct at about 40mg/per day sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevan
    When I was talking to my Dr, he was very concerned about me taking tamoxifen or Nolvadex as he said he has had a few women patients with blood clots, might not be as un-common as you suspect. He strongly suggested i stick with Proviron .
    Hope that helps

I'll consider that Kevan, The problem is I just bought 100 10 mg tabs. Im gonna stick with 10mg ed and see how things turn out. Oh, by the way, did you come right out and tell your Doc you are juicing?

stitch1967 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevan
    Hope that helps
    Are you going to use Proviron with Clomid during PCT, like you would Nolva?

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    has anyone here experienced a blood clot due to nolva?

Quote Originally Posted by smalldogbigdogbrain
    well this post scares the crap out of me. I am on 20mg of nolva a day during pct. And i have been having some major headachs while benching and afterwards today.. I hope to hell its not blood cloting, that sounds way serious. I am thinking it is just a sinus infection that worsens when my bp is up and im straining. I have loward my weight while benching and the it seems to be a less of a problem. Could this be anything serious?
    If you had a blood clot in your brain, you wouldn't have a headache, you would have a stroke.

If you had a blood clot in your brain, you wouldn't have a headache, you would have a stroke.

Good point

Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    has anyone here experienced a blood clot due to nolva?

No but this is the first news I've heard of this bloodclot sheit with Nolva and I've taking 10-20mg/day (up to 80mg for about a wk because of sensitive nipples) for 7 wks....and truthfully this is kinda freakin me out.

seesamplay is offline Junior Member
    I saw something on the news last night about tamoxifen (Nolvadex) causing an increase in strokes among women taking the drug. Yes, I know that most of us are not women, but most of us do not have breast cancer either. The news story did not mention an increase in men, because the drug isn't really intended for men.

I Googled this morning when I got to work. From the article:

"The risk of ischemic stroke increased by 82 percent and risk of all strokes by 29 percent in women randomized to tamoxifen versus placebo or other therapies."

http://athens-olympics-2004.newkerala.com/?action=fullnews&id=36131

There are many more articles out there. Google tamoxifen stroke.

Sam

white legend is offline New Member
    i cant find proviron anywhere and it ****in pisses me off!!! my source doen't even have that ****! pm me to help a brother out.

Britguy is offline Banned
    Usualsuspect do you always dismiss info that could be extremely important to all of us? i doubt cuttup is lying about reading the report he asks about - maybe give him some more time and he can get it posted on here, have some patience

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    nolvadex is not liver toxic at all bro

seanw is offline Banned
    Guys my mother has been on 20mg of Nolvadex for the last ten years and she still smokes heaps. She is still with us !! Has anyone here, with all the guys that are doing this, ever heard of any of the bro's having a stoke ? I think not., Obviously its a risk but IMO a very small one

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    My last cycle I took 20mg Nolva ED including PCT, nothing bad happened. Im currently on another cycle 20mg of Nolva, .25mg l-dex. So far so good. But this article kinda scared me a bit so I think Ill be taking some aspirin ED

IronAdam is offline Member
    BUMP...this has me worried now too. I'm on 20mg/day right now

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Yes Nolvadex is liver toxic and so is Arimidex . All courtesy of my book Chemical Muscle Enhancement by ALR. if you guys want to know everything this guy knows then pick up this book. sound like a commerical

Tadpole is offline Junior Member
    Remember that steroids also thins your blood I agree with seanw never heard of a stroke or PE in this board. For those of you that are really concerned and have some risk factors (Family history of stroke or PE under the age or 60, Smoke, HTN or ON THE PILL) I would go ahead and take one (80mg) baby aspirin ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Britguy
    Usualsuspect do you always dismiss info that could be extremely important to all of us? i doubt cuttup is lying about reading the report he asks about - maybe give him some more time and he can get it posted on here, have some patience

thanks,..seesamplay posted a decent attch with some info. usualsupect can check it out online. there sare a good amout of websites that state this

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    From my research there is a very low occurence of blood clots, but it is a reality, and a dangerous one at that. I would recommend a maintenance dose of asprin while using Nolvadex. Along with Vitamin E, Ginko Biloba, and Garlic. These herbs are anti-coagulants.
    From what I understand deca is an anti coagulant. I heard test is as well but I am not sure.

biofx is offline Junior Member
    What would happen/or symptoms if you got a blood clot in the lung? Have trouble breathing? I read this is a semi-common thing w/ nolva.

toolman is offline Banned
    [QUOTE=Tadpole]Remember that steroids also thins your blood QUOTE]

Actually, thats not true with most. Many of them increase your RBC which results in the vascularity we all seek. I have heard this before about nolva, but any of the gear we are using that increases our RBC count and harms our lipid profile, which is most of them, can result in a stroke. The chances are slim unless you have other risk factors.

Quote Originally Posted by biofx
    What would happen/or symptoms if you got a blood clot in the lung? Have trouble breathing? I read this is a semi-common thing w/ nolva.

spymtoms are online,..plenty of websites

Bwen is offline New Member
    I am 5 days on my pct with nolva.. 40 mg/day. started staggering around the house and eventually passed out. Ambulance took me in and they said I had a mini stroke. The doctor said nolva causes high chance for stroke and told me to stop right away. Now I am scrambling to find another way to do pct.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwen View Post
    I am 5 days on my pct with nolva.. 40 mg/day. started staggering around the house and eventually passed out. Ambulance took me in and they said I had a mini stroke. The doctor said nolva causes high chance for stroke and told me to stop right away. Now I am scrambling to find another way to do pct.
    This thread is dated 2004.

I've never heard of Tamoxifen increasing the chances of those side effects.

Tamox can push liver values up (it did me). Tamox is geno-toxic, cancrinogenic and its occular toxic, but has been approved for treatment by many countries in treating various forums of cancer...

Bwen is offline New Member
    I agree 100% and I have done my research also... Looking for another doctor to talk to. The possible side effects are nothing compared to than taking a shit on the toilet

Here are some links

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,135967,00.html

http://www.lifeclinic.com/fullpage.a...=521644&type=1
    http://www.yourlawyer.com/articles/read/8818
    Last edited by Bwen; 12-27-2009 at 02:51 PM.

Thread Information