1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member

Unhappy Bad joint pain going heavy

Bi days are the worst, shrugs are a close 2nd, but the EZ curl bar wrecks havoc on my wrists more than anything, when i let go of the bar I get this INTENSE pain in my wrists for about 5-6 seconds but no so much while the lift is in progress. I've blown past all my previous lifts during this cycle, is there any chance I might damage something if I keep it up? Could something give? Or is this a pain that you all get as well?

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    could be the fluid retention Bro - what are you using ?

Weeks 1-4: Dbol 30mg /day
    Weeks 1-12: Test E 500mg /week

I'm in week 9

Yeah I get it on Dbol but you should have dropped that water weight by now - what kind of SERM's and anti-e's are you taking ?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Get some glucosamine bro.

I have dropped the water weight for sure, I've gotten this pain in the past, its just worse now since I'm going so much heavier. Its weird because I only get it after I release my grip

glucosamine eh, hmm

Bro you could always try some Deca - works great for my joints

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifter
    Bro you could always try some Deca - works great for my joints
    yeah its starting to sound tempting, next cycle is probably going to end up Test/Tren though unfortunetly

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    I know exactly what your talking about... like you let go really slow so it doesn't hurt real bad.... like as you take pressure of the tendon/ligament or whatever it causes a dull pain... I think that you should find excercises that are more comfortable for you to do and just be as easy on it as you can... your body will adjust... mine barely hurts anymore.... good luck bro

Sadasius is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%NATURAL-theGH
    I know exactly what your talking about... like you let go really slow so it doesn't hurt real bad.... like as you take pressure of the tendon/ligament or whatever it causes a dull pain... I think that you should find excercises that are more comfortable for you to do and just be as easy on it as you can... your body will adjust... mine barely hurts anymore.... good luck bro
    I get that all the time in the forarms. I also release slowly to avoid the pain. I get it usually doing the easy curl bar.

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    I get pains too when I go heavy bench or doing bi's. I drink Glucosamine ED, but you have to wait for about 1 mth for it to take effect. What also works is green tea, about 12oz ED. works great for me, thats if you like green tea

Quote Originally Posted by 1-Cent
    yeah its starting to sound tempting, next cycle is probably going to end up Test/Tren though unfortunetly

I go low dose with the Deca like 300mg per week to just get the joint benefits myself

BigGenes is offline Member
    I have seen this a thousand times. Sounds like "shin splints" but in your forearm. Is it located at the base of the forearm or directly in the rist? If it is the rist than stop doing curl bar and up your hammer curls. Hammers shouldn't bother it. If its the shin splint things hammers for a few weeks will clear it up. If its a rist problem than take joint pills and on your next cycle run deca .

Quote Originally Posted by BigGenes
    I have seen this a thousand times. Sounds like "shin splints" but in your forearm. Is it located at the base of the forearm or directly in the rist? If it is the rist than stop doing curl bar and up your hammer curls. Hammers shouldn't bother it. If its the shin splint things hammers for a few weeks will clear it up. If its a rist problem than take joint pills and on your next cycle run deca.
    Yeah hammers are fine, and its directly at my wrist. Isn't running deca with tren usualy a bad idea

No deca and tren isn't a bad idea. As long as you have some test in the mix you will be fine. Deca shuts youy boys down and tren kinda makes your drive like a chick. Like you still have a drive but someone(a girl) has to push the right buttons. Its not like being on deca and just not being able to get it up. You take the test with it to combat this. I new the hammers would fix it. If you want me to change your work out for you make a new post.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    OOh Ive looked past this post thinking it was about a shoulder injury or something. I know exactly what you are talking about dude. Thats something you have to work through. It hurts like he11. But its something alot of people go through when they start lifting the heavier weights. It use to be like that with me bad. But I worked through it and it hasnt bothered me since. It will get better. Your just are making your forearms stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    OOh Ive looked past this post thinking it was about a shoulder injury or something. I know exactly what you are talking about dude. Thats something you have to work through. It hurts like he11. But its something alot of people go through when they start lifting the heavier weights. It use to be like that with me bad. But I worked through it and it hasnt bothered me since. It will get better. Your just are making your forearms stronger.
    Good to know its not just me I guess lol I'll push thru then, does hurt like a bitch though. If I did throw in some Deca how much Test would be enough to combat the lack of drive?

400 or 500mg a week

400mg or 500mg a week should be fine. I feel like a doc giving a scrip

Quote Originally Posted by BigGenes
    400mg or 500mg a week should be fine. I feel like a doc giving a scrip
    That wouldn't be enough bro, I mean 75mg tren /day + 300 or 400mg /week of deca would be 800 - 900mg total. I would think at least a gram of Test no?

I wouldn't go higher than 750mg jsut to combat the sides. Now if I was setting up a cycle yea maybe a gram. Thats just MO

I dont think it is something that deca can help. I took Deca when it happened to me and it did nothing for. Actually at that time it hurt worse than it ever did. The best way I can explain what it is, is it is something like a shin splint. Where the underbelly seems like it is being pulled from the bone. It also hurt my wrists as well when I would let go of the bar. Deca did nothing for me with this problem. I dont think it is really a joint problem, it seem to me more like a tendon/underbelly problem.

Keep going heavy, babying it will do nothing for you. If you go easy on it, it will still hurt when you try to go heavy again.

crimson55 is offline New Member
    I get the exact same pain in the wrists and along the inside of the forearms (along the side of the little finger). The intense pain only happens with EZ preacher curls and sometimes with straight bar preachers - I've tried switching to lighter DB inclines with super strict form...feels better for me since I can further rotate to get a better squeeze at the top...

...regardless still sucks crap.

Ez bar never hurt me it was always straight bar that seemed to just tear the crap out of them.

Crimson I would still use the bars it will only make you stronger. Switching to dumbells only is working around the problem. It will eventually get better.

You know what actually made mine better. I tried to follow a program called Power Factor Training. That is where you do like 1/4 reps with really heavy weight on everything. It said in the book that sometimes all you need to do is one workout for each muscle group every month. I figured out why really quick. I was doing 1/4 reps on ez bar preacher curls, and I tore the crap out of my forearms. I had to baby them for about a month. They felt like they wore ripped in half for a month. then when they got better I never had a problem with them since. Actually I had a strength and endurance test done right before and one a while latter for some jobs and my grip strength went up more than 50lbs for one hand and almost 70lbs for the other. Weird huh???

Thread Information