dogsofwar is offline Member

Question time on = time off ???

After reasearching I have seen threads indicating that time on = time off. Does this include PCT? For example, if the cycle is 12 weeks and PCT is 12 weeks, does this mean you should wait 24 weeks after PCT to begin a new cycle? Thanks for the clarity in advance. ~dow

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    some people count time off with pct and some do not. My time off starts after my last shot. You still still have bloodwork done to make sure you are 110%

So regarding blood work, you just go in and ask your doctor to take your blood without any type of illness? Only times I have ever been required to take blood is during a physical or before surgery. Thanks in advance. ~dow

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    just one question DOW. what type of cycle are u gonna be running that requires u to have a 12 week pct protocol?

Well I have studied threads that say you have to do the same amount of time in PCT as on the cycle. In regards to the cycle, I will be on test and andriol . Do I not need the same amount of time in PCT? Thanks and lata. ~dow

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Time on = time off means time on cycle for me. But at this stage in my life it is only a guideline for me. I go by how I feel and roughly having had a decent break but I do a long PCT and never shortcut it.

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerlifter
    Time on = time off means time on cycle for me. But at this stage in my life it is only a guideline for me. I go by how I feel and roughly having had a decent break but I do a long PCT and never shortcut it.
    my feelings exactly

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Time ON time OFF theory is bull**** IMO. A lot of people do it but they dont really have a scientific explenation on why they do it. I think the reason why they have same time OFF as ON is coz they feel its fair to give their body a rest for at least the amount of time they were ON for. I dont know. Anyway, the way i cycle is, no matter how long I was ON for which in most cases isnt anymore then 16 weeks, I always have no more then 8 weeks OFF. Like powelifter said, just go by how you feel.

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    Time ON time OFF theory is bull**** IMO. A lot of people do it but they dont really have a scientific explenation on why they do it. I think the reason why they have same time OFF as ON is coz they feel its fair to give their body a rest for at least the amount of time they were ON for. I dont know. Anyway, the way i cycle is, no matter how long I was ON for which in most cases isnt anymore then 16 weeks, I always have no more then 8 weeks OFF. Like powelifter said, just go by how you feel.
    haha so true bro, and by week 8 i "feel" like i'm ready to start again. i beleive that your body definitley needs a rest but i have my doubts about the time on= time off theory

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    Go with the bloodwork, then you'll ALWAYS know 100% of the time. Bloodwork never fails.

tvd220 is offline Member
    Ok dumb question, but when you go to the doctor, what to you say to them to get a blood test, and when you get the results what are you looking for? Somebody with knowlege please explain!

tell them u want a checkup. check your lipids, test levels, and all that good stuff. just basically tell them u need blood work done to see if anything is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by dogsofwar
    Well I have studied threads that say you have to do the same amount of time in PCT as on the cycle. In regards to the cycle, I will be on test and andriol. Do I not need the same amount of time in PCT? Thanks and lata. ~dow

no u dont need to bro. look at pheedno's pct its for a month and that is what u use after a 10 week cycle or a 12 weeker. im gonna be on a year long cycle, no way i would do PCT for a full year. no need to

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    The length of time taken off post-cycle depends upon the length of the protocol and what drugs and supplements were used during it.

Lots of people say the off period is equal to the period on. Well, I am sure that somewhere somehow someone meant well when coining that idea, but there certainly is no science behind it.

Off periods are based upon the effects the protocol had upon the Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Testes-Axis (HPTA). When drugs that aromatize heavily like testosterone or methandrostenolone , and/or progestin-like drugs such as nandrolone or trenbolone are used there is a negative feed-back loop that signals testes shut-down for natural androgen production. But?

If effective dosages of anti-aromatase and anti-progestin drugs are employed during a protocol, the shut-down of testicular function is less severe.

So the answer is that (assuming a correctly structured AAS protocol) one has used proper estrogen/progestin control, and done post-cycle therapy, most will maintain 35-50% normal HPTA function with a 2-4 week off period from AAS.

Thread Information