The Butcher is offline Member

Neurotin (sp?) to clean out receptors?

Anyone ever hear of the drug Neurotin (sp?) or something like that used to clear out your receptors so you can get back on cycle faster and get the same results as if you took extended time off and let your receptors clear out on their own? Thanks. Sorry for the run-on sentence.

Butcher

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    never heard of i,t but am very interested in it if it does what u say. bump it up!

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Neurotin, is a drug to help alleviate pain that is associated with nerve damage. When certain types of nerve fibers (long/short ect) are damaged by compression/cut/lack of blood ect. they can rejuvenate at a rate of 1mm a day. When they fire(synapses join) it can cause some sharp,tingling pain like pins & needles. Neurotin helps with that. I speak from experience on this one! Oh yea I have never heard about cleaning receptors I think they do that own their own by dying & new ones created to fill the gap
    Last edited by bluethunder; 08-10-2004 at 01:18 PM.

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Never heard of taking the drug for this application. My mother-in-law takes it for Neurothapy(sp), which is a nerve condition in her feet, similar to what bt described above.

You can't clear or clean out receptors.....the receptors you have today aren't the ones you have tomorrow. I don't know where the "clogged receptor" myth started, but it's not at all true

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Its also used for diabetic neuropathy patients in which the outer extremities like hands & feet loose sensitivity & feeling caused by blood glucose.

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    You can't clear or clean out receptors.....the receptors you have today aren't the ones you have tomorrow. I don't know where the "clogged receptor" myth started, but it's not at all true
    I saw a post on this once before. It is true you CANT clear your receptors, as what I remember reading. We have millions of new receptors every minute. your body will eventually just stop growing on 500mgs of test. no matter what you try to do to the receptors, your body wont grow until you up the dose a bit.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Down regulation......

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    just a clarification... its Neurontin... not Neurotin. It was originally brought to market as an antiepileptic medication but has since been pushed for neuropathies, migraines, bipolar disorder, and a number of other disease states. these off-label uses are coming into question because Warner-Lambert may have broken major rules in the marketing of the drug (up to, and including fabrication of drug studies).

as far as for cleaning receptors is concerned, i believe einstein already answered that.
    Last edited by sinista63; 08-10-2004 at 05:54 PM.

Thread Information