A.K. BOY is offline Associate Member

Question STEROIDS effect height??

I have heard many a time that steroids will prematuraly close the growth plate's and I am not totaly sure that is the truth... i heard it was just supposed to scare teens away from steroids... maby some of you could help me with this??

P.S. I have also heard deca in particular will not effect your growth plates??

Triple Plates is offline Associate Member
    Its true... nuff said

gymnut4u is offline Member

here you go !

Hope this help ,taken from med text !!! Not media hype!!!!!

For teenagers, there is the additional risk of premature closure of the growth plates of the long bones. Even if not for this added risk, the self-administration of anabolics by teenagers must be strongly discouraged. As compared to mature adults, teenagers are much more likely to abuse anabolic steroids to the possible detriment of their health. Generally less focused upon long-range health than adults, more susceptible to peer pressure, and eager for fast results, teenagers are more likely to use anabolics in dangerously high dosages and without any medical supervision. Also, as it is recognized that the effects of anabolics upon size and strength are partially (and sometimes even completely) temporary, teens seem particularly less willing to suffer these post-cycle size and strength reductions, and are more likely to continuously use high-dose steroids for prolonged periods. Even Dan Duchaine, author of the Underground Steroid Handbook II (1989) and a favorite target of the proponents of steroid criminalization, is opposed to steroid use by teenagers. Clearly, even in countries where steroids can be legally obtained without a prescription, it is this writer's opinion that the choice to use them for physical enhancement should be made by mature, informed adults with a pre-established dedication to serious weight-training for several years. Anabolic steroids should never be used by beginning lifters, those with dubious commitments to weight-training, or those simply seeking a substitute for hard work.

tackle78 is offline Junior Member
    Anavar is the only steroid with no effect on you growth plates, according to the profiles on this site

Bulk is offline Scammer
    humm,, good question.

I know i've read somewhere that the more test in ones body elevates hgh levels.....

so,, if thats the case how could steroids close the platelets and cancel out further growth...

i'm stunted on this one! MYSELF..!

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    You can go to a sports doctor and they can take xrays of your knees to let you know if your plates are open or not...

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    moral of the story....wait until you're fully grown to start taking steroids !

TOM2502002 is offline Junior Member
    it f-up my height, started at 16, new grw since....

gymnut4u is offline Member
    Ironfist is right ,the doc will order a mri scan -(x ray does not show as much detail) and they are very costly !!!!!

Thread Information