Thread: Liver enzime up

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge

Liver enzime up

Just had blood work done. Doc called me today and said my liver enzime had jumped one. I don't realy know what that means biut he said he is not realy worried about it. We will just do another test in two weeks.

I am in the middle of a tren , eq and prop cycle week 7. I always get my blood checked before during and after a cycle. This was the first time my liver had changed. My question is. Is this normal and has anyone expierenced this before? Do I have anything to worry about or as the doc said everything should be fine?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Are you using Nolva durring the cycle? Yes, this can be common while on AAS.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Are you using Nolva durring the cycle? Yes, this can be common while on AAS.

On nolva and ldex. I thought I read something about that but needed confirmation. Thanks my friend.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds to me must not be too bad if doc said he is not concerned. If it was bad he would check for maybe hepatitis infection. Elevated liver enzymes are cause (one) by build up of fats blocking the liver cells & blocking blood flow. Triglycerides,alcohol and drugs(aas) causes this. Hopefully, your not a heavy long term drinker otherwise its cirrhosis.
    Last edited by bluethunder; 08-11-2004 at 07:30 AM. Reason: spelling

darmadoc is offline Member
    Would be more helpful if we knew exactly what numbers he was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by darmadoc
    Would be more helpful if we knew exactly what numbers he was talking about.

You are probably right. He realy did not say much about the number. just that it was up one since my last test which was a while back. I assume since my blood work was normal last time that up one is not that big of a deal. I will see if i can get in touch with him and see what the number was.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    He would call you in for an ultrasound or something. Taking tylenol regularly can raise your liver enzymes so can a lot of other stuff. You are fine Mart......goosfraba.....

Thanks guys. I called him and the nurse is going to call me back with the numbers. I just worry to much. Thats exactly what he told me yesterday when I went in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mart651
    Thanks guys. I called him and the nurse is going to call me back with the numbers. I just worry to much. Thats exactly what he told me yesterday when I went in.
    I can about guarantee you that it's your ALT or AST that's elevated....both wouldn't surprise me either. It's common with anybody that is a heavy lifter...really nothing to worry about at all.

Thread Information