Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

DRINK!! yes drink!

Ive heard its good to drink, just not heavily, i mean why not- it boosts your calories your carbs, and gives you a great nites sleep. Just make sure you drink water or gatorade during breaks from drinking, and only drink when you have an off day the next day. And limit it to prolly once a week. Ive had more than one profesional athlete tell me this.

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by enid_sprinter
    Ive heard its good to drink, just not heavily, i mean why not- it boosts your calories your carbs, and gives you a great nites sleep. Just make sure you drink water or gatorade during breaks from drinking, and only drink when you have an off day the next day. And limit it to prolly once a week. Ive had more than one profesional athlete tell me this.
    drinking winny?

kronik is offline Senior Member
    Eating another chicken breast will do the same thing... All joking aside drinking is just not good for your body in general, why bust your ass all week just to go one night and ruin everything for the week and start all over again for ground zero..just my .02

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    no i don't think so. In place of those empty calories you could be taken in something of nutritional value.

Paingain is offline Banned
    Drinking will kill your gains in the gym!!!!! I cant believe I'm hearing this, drinking will dehydrate the hell out of you, and evn if you've eaten clean all day long, your body is trying so hard to rid itself of the alcohol it sometimes fails to utilize the good food. And who likes sweating beer all day?? Regardless if your going to the gym or not, cmon man you cant be serious!

weightshead is offline Associate Member
    according to a pharmacokineticist(?) i know. half a glass of _red_ wine a day is about the limit of whats good for you .

after that the benefits of anti-oxidants and reduced cortisol are outweighed.

edit: oh and this is when your not even on!

BigBoi83 is offline Associate Member
    im seeing too many of threads. non drinkers know that drinking is not good for you. drinkers are always looking for articles, opions, advice ect. to make them not feel guilty about getting drunk or drinking. if u wanna do it then just do it dont make it seem as though its not bad for you. no flame bro cause i still drink on cycle. a lot less then usual but i do and its never gonna be good for you.

i figured id have a bunch of winey babies crying about this topic. it works for me. i cant eat as much as i should and it helps me boost my cals, and it helps me sleep real good on friday nite. prolly my best sleep of the week. and im gonna go with the opinions of people that have competed at an international level than you guys. thanks tho

i figured id have a bunch of winey babies crying about this topic. it works for me. i cant eat as much as i should and it helps me boost my cals, and it helps me sleep real good on friday nite. prolly my best sleep of the week. and im gonna go with the opinions of people that have competed at an international level than you guys. thanks tho
    If you dont want our advise then dont ask the questions..

theres been more than one article in muscular development about heavy drinking and heavy drug use(recreational drugs) over a weekend will cause great gains in the long run because of the rest time your body gets when in the deep sleep far surpasses normal sleep. theres a method allot of pros use, you lift your ass off 4 days in a row, get wasted for 3 days in a row, then sleep for 2 days in a row, then lift hard again 4 days in a row, and you will gain more than ever in a short time. but you cant do it very often.

i didnt ask a question kronik, i made a statment, read the post.

i didnt ask a question kronik, i made a statment, read the post.
    I did, you are trying to justify drinking on cycle, correct???

You made a statement but it had a hidden agenda...

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    theres been more than one article in muscular development about heavy drinking and heavy drug use(recreational drugs) over a weekend will cause great gains in the long run because of the rest time your body gets when in the deep sleep far surpasses normal sleep. theres a method allot of pros use, you lift your ass off 4 days in a row, get wasted for 3 days in a row, then sleep for 2 days in a row, then lift hard again 4 days in a row, and you will gain more than ever in a short time. but you cant do it very often.
    those guys still grow because they have killer genetics and are taking so much sh** i doubt seriously it is from drugs and heavy drinking.

Latimus is offline Banned
    boost your cals...come on bro...drink some juice then...or gainer if its so hard for you.

the opinions of people that have competed at an international level reather then us...ok then get the **** out of this site if we are good enough...just talk to your buddies..

drinking damages your liver, kidneys, brain cells, dehydrates etc...on this site we are dedicated to making our bodies the best possible...drinking just doesnt come into the equation...alright newbie?

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Who are these pro athletes? King Kong Bundy and Yokozuna?

This is ridiculous......I don't give a squirt of piss what your "international competitive athlete" buddies try to tell you to justify their own lack of self-descipline. The fact that some people do drink and use rec drugs AND are still successful does not prove that's WHY they're successful....that's pretty weak logic. BTW, being a competitive athlete (great genetics and a good work ethic) does not mean you have the first clue about how your body works. Don't be so pompous so as to assume that there aren't MANY world class athletes on this very board as well as BB pros

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    This is ridiculous......I don't give a squirt of piss what your "international competitive athlete" buddies try to tell you to justify their own lack of self-descipline. The fact that some people do drink and use rec drugs AND are still successful does not prove that's WHY they're successful....that's pretty weak logic. BTW, being a competitive athlete (great genetics and a good work ethic) does not mean you have the first clue about how your body works. Don't be so pompous so as to assume that there aren't MANY world class athletes on this very board as well as BB pros
    Very diplomatic...I think

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Here we go again.. Yea drink when your on orals. The liver plays no role...lol By the way who are all those professional athletes you always say tell you these things? When you post you get opinions you can accept them or not but from your previous posts sounds like you are just plain hardheaded. Im sure you are gifted physically but mentally you sound immature.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    thanks for sticking it to that little punk einstein. he must be high on something right now to even say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Latimus
    boost your cals...come on bro...drink some juice then...or gainer if its so hard for you.

the opinions of people that have competed at an international level reather then us...ok then get the **** out of this site if we are good enough...just talk to your buddies..

drinking damages your liver, kidneys, brain cells, dehydrates etc...on this site we are dedicated to making our bodies the best possible...drinking just doesnt come into the equation...alright newbie?
    drinking does damage, i know, but you dont think the juice your on does any damages at all? you all know one way to do things and only one and are very closed minded about opinions. i guess some people can drink and still look good and still compete while others cant.

why do so many pro bodybuilders use GHB? the date rape drug on themselves??

Do you all really believe having a 6 pack on friday nite is gonna ruin all your gains from the week? get real. you ever wonder why the elite BB look so fat and nasty during the offseason, they enjoy the worst diet with the most calories (including masses of beer) while bulking up.

where did all the hata'z go?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Can you name one pro BB who uses GHB?

i could give you a whole list of them. you all keep asking for names, names, names. im not a rat in any form you wont be gettin any names from me

nobbythedonkey is offline Associate Member
    drink water or diet soda's all night, im the type of person thats the same drunk or sober, my mates cant really tell the difference

Nobody said drinking will "ruin all of your gains"......However, is is not conducive to gains, which is what you implied.....it is COUNTERproductive. The fact that many drink "and still look good" has nothing to do with the fact that if they didn't drink they'd be able to progress faster/better. I know dedication and discipline isn't everyone's cup of tea, but some of us go out of our way to do everything in our power to improve ourselves.....others choose to be a little more lax, but don't go making ridiculous claims with no substantiation and get defensive when people laugh at it.

Krunchtime is offline Senior Member
    sounds like you had your mind set before you even posted. And your last sentence made no sense and I feel dumber trying to understand what you're trying to say

cokdiesl is offline Junior Member
    drinking also supresses testosterone i cant see in anyway how this would be beneficial to anyone trying to look there best

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    where did all the hata'z go?
    They're not dignifiying this thread with a serious response.

Krunchtime is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    They're not dignifiying this thread with a serious response.
    very true...

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    One way to alienate bros is to ask ther opinion then tell them you really didnt need it in the first place.

Basicaly you have just insulted the entire A.R board.

and how do you know that no one here has competed at the international level. You have NO IDEA who all these members are.

Please go back to EliteFitness.com

Hey everyone - please ignore this guy.

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    the F*** you didnt ask a question a$$hole!

you asked why not ?

...., i mean why not-
    Last edited by UrbanDawg; 08-08-2004 at 07:39 PM.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    This guy obviously is metaly challanged or an escaped mental patient to be so sure alcohol wont hurt you on AAS. UrbanDawg is right, just ignore him and he will disapear back to what ever board he came from.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Ive had more than one profesional athlete tell me this.
    Well if a pro athlete said it that must make it true. I am going to get a 6 pack. This one time a pro athlete told me if the girl wont give it up, there is nothing wrong with taking the pussy. These athletes know their stuff.

hurricanejujitsu is offline Junior Member
    OK Guys... I was told by an endocrenologist friend, Drinking alcohol raises Estrogen levels in males!!! If that is true there is the awnser to this thread!
    No Crown and Cokes!!!

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    why do so many pro bodybuilders use GHB? the date rape drug on themselves??
    some use GABA or GHB in order to achieve a deeper sleep.. I think many would say GABA since GHB is illegal but they take it in a dose which will only help them sleep not go into a coma or nething. if you think drinking is such a good thing then perform a little self experiment. Have one of your buddies and you follow the same diet (modified to your weight) take the same amount of gear, train the same... and then one of you drinks and the other stays clean for that time (maybe let them take a weight gainer to make up for the beer cals) then when all is said and done let us know who gained more, lost the most b/f (or gained the most) and basically who kept more of their gains. I think this little experiment would help to prove your theory rather then go by what you heard.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    You're an idiot and thats all.

i see ive got everyone a lil excited huh?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information