crazy man is offline Banned

Over Train On Juice???

I Have Been On Cycle For Around 4 Weeks My Workout Is As Follows.

Mon. Chest
    Tus. Bi's
    Wes Off
    Thurs.tri's
    Fri.back,shoulders
    Sat.legs
    Sun Off

But I Am 5'10 174lbs I Heard I Should Training Less For More Size. So I Do I Know If I Am Overtrained I Feel Really Tired In The Morning And Not Very Pump...thanks

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    I dont know how many sets or reps you do bro? but if you want to try something different i would suggest:

day 1: Legs
    day 2: Chest
    day 3ff
    day4: arms
    day 5: back/shoulders
    day 6ff

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    depends a lot really on the individual. how heavy and/or intense are your workouts?

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    what do you think is overtraining. how many reps do you do, how many sets. that will determine if you are overtraining. when i was on cycle, i did crazy amounts of sets every workout. my next cycle i'm going to try a normal amount of sets and see if i get better results.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    I would definately not try to grow on that workout off cycle..

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    I would definately not try to grow on that workout off cycle..

why not?

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    I dont know how many sets or reps you do bro? but if you want to try something different i would suggest:

day 3ff
    day 6ff

that looks better .. but training each body part every 5 days .. no man, that is DEFINATELY not overtraining. If you were to do 25 plus sets in one session .. not that you do .. then yes that alone is overtraining.

Stimulate ... dont annialate.

I say train it when its not sore... or just finishing soreness .. if you think ya may wanna wait .. train it later in the day or the next morning.

Depending on what your body responds to and what your body is used to you doing, you may want to modify it.. whats your workouts like?

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member

day 3ff
    day 6ff
    Thats exactly how I follow mine, and it worksd for me, gives your body parts time to recover.

NorCaLifter is offline Associate Member
    Not overtraining, just lift heavy... and eat.... stay consistent and you'll be fine

YEA. why wouldnt he grow..

Quote Originally Posted by crazy man

Mon. Chest
    Tus. Bi's
    Wes Off
    Thurs.tri's
    Fri.back,shoulders
    Sat.legs
    Sun Off

But I Am 5'10 174lbs I Heard I Should Training Less For More Size. So I Do I Know If I Am Overtrained I Feel Really Tired In The Morning And Not Very Pump...thanks
    but true..it all depends on intensity of your training. imo you'll grow to a ceertain point then its time to switch things up..you have plenty of rest days and actually 2 rest days for upper body before you hit upper body again..my only concern is the back and shoulder work-outs combined...you cant hit both of them hard the same day...maybe 1 day lite on back then heavy shoulders 1 week the following week reverse it-heavy on back then lite on shoulders..work-outs always change and change is good..if your always tired check sleep for 1 thing, diet and etc....

RAM2500 is offline Member
    My workout schedule is exactly what Jantzen4k said. I usually do about 30 sets on Chest, 45 sets on arms same with back and shoulders. I've been told that I over train. I am currently on a 750mg a week Test E. cycle.

BigGenes is offline Member

day 3ff
    day 6ff
    I am going to have to disagree with that. I think working one muscle group once a week is for a more experienced lifter. This guys stats make him out to be an agerage guy. He doesn't have as much muscle mass of some of us, therfore his body doesn't need as much rest time. This varies with people of course. But he could be exaugsted(sp?) b/c he is inexperienced. I say a 6 day a week work out working each muscle twice a week would benefit him more. I am also a "arnold" thinker. If you work a muscle to total exhaustion you make more muscle. Or something like that. Thats the fastest way for me to explain. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by RAM2500
    My workout schedule is exactly what Jantzen4k said. I usually do about 30 sets on Chest, 45 sets on arms same with back and shoulders. I've been told that I over train. I am currently on a 750mg a week Test E. cycle.

you have gotta be joking.

I wonder .. are you getting any stronger in any movements?? how long have you been doing this, what are your stats? how long have you trained.

That is completely UNHEALTHY.

I GARUNTEE that if you cut that in half .. you will recover/grow/get back in the gym/and get way better results .. faster

YOUR CRHAZEE MANG!

dats crhazzee

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man

Mon. Chest
    Tus. Bi's
    Wes Off
    Thurs.tri's
    Fri.back,shoulders
    Sat.legs
    Sun Off

bi's get a whole day but back doesnt??

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    [QUOTE=crazy man]I Have Been On Cycle For Around 4 Weeks My Workout Is As Follows.

Mon. Chest
    Tus. Bi's
    Wes Off
    Thurs.tri's
    Fri.back,shoulders
    Sat.legs
    Sun Off

But I Am 5'10 174lbs I Heard I Should Training Less For More Size. So I Do I Know If I Am Overtrained I Feel Really Tired In The Morning And Not Very Pump...thanks[/QUOT

Quote Originally Posted by BigGenes
    I am going to have to disagree with that. I think working one muscle group once a week is for a more experienced lifter. This guys stats make him out to be an agerage guy. He doesn't have as much muscle mass of some of us, therfore his body doesn't need as much rest time. This varies with people of course. But he could be exaugsted(sp?) b/c he is inexperienced. I say a 6 day a week work out working each muscle twice a week would benefit him more. I am also a "arnold" thinker. If you work a muscle to total exhaustion you make more muscle. Or something like that. Thats the fastest way for me to explain. IMO
    \

not really.

If you STIMULATE a muscle for ONE millisecond past what it successfully did last time .. that will stimulate growth.. not sure of how much exactly .. but it theoretically will as it is a new stress.

How much stress is optimally needed for each person will always vary.

Overtraining can be done easily by OVERWORKING just past what is needed.... doing too much is worse than not enough. IMO

Have you ever worked chest for eg, 5 to 8 hours later it is sore... go to bed and wake up .. really sore... end of day.. alot better, next day morning substanially better and feeeling good end of that day almost fixed up.. the next day (3) almost better end of day .. considering working out..but dont and do it the next. To me that is the best and the way to verify that is to test any gains in strenght... if you got em .thats your reciepe

if not, you either overtrained .. didnt eat/sleep whatever enough... so notch down by one SET and test

you'll find it.

but, again like you said bro.. everyone is different.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Let your own body tell you if you are overtraining. Everybody has different condition levels, the higher your level the more intensity is required to get into overtrain.

thick one is offline Associate Member
    the best workout (results wise) that i have ever done is the DOGGCRAP workout i found on this site. I highly recommend that you do a general search and check it out. you train every bodypart once every 4 days with warm-ups and one balls to the wall rest/pause "working" set per muscle part. The strength gains are truly better than any other workout i have ever done and i've been training for over 12years. and to the guy that does 30 sets of chest and 45 sets for arms--if that's not overtraining, then I don't know what is..

timvds is offline Member
    ive always wondered if i am overtraining my arms... heres my routine

mon - legs
    tues - chest/tris
    wed - rest
    thurs - back/bis
    fri - rest
    sat - shoulders

calves/abs eod

i hate to hijack this thread but do you think its too many sets for my bi's/tris to do them with my heavy pull/lift routine with chest and back?

Quote Originally Posted by timvds
    ive always wondered if i am overtraining my arms... heres my routine

mon - legs
    tues - chest/tris
    wed - rest
    thurs - back/bis
    fri - rest
    sat - shoulders

calves/abs eod

i hate to hijack this thread but do you think its too many sets for my bi's/tris to do them with my heavy pull/lift routine with chest and back?

yes and no... not directly thats the nature of the bb beast .. its gotta happen that way, but its like shoulders you only have two rest days between actually sorta using them again.

I do a varied split all the time.. different all the time.. I just pick something that isnt sore and do a workout from a few weeks ago and try and beat my numbers.

gotta have a training log.

what works for me may work better for you... or not.

GL

oh yah.. no I dont think your OT'in you arms. BTW .. but, I dont think its about TOTALLY about frequency especially smaller parts like bis/tris... I think its sets and reps scheme that cause OT.. plainly too much is just that TOO MUCH, which is never a good thing mang
    Last edited by Dally; 08-13-2004 at 06:34 PM.

Thread Information