ST240 is offline Junior Member

Serious Joint Pain

I know this doesn't really have anything to do with AAS, but everyone on here is so knowledgable i figured id ask anyway .

Anyways ive been training for 3 years (1.5 years with a REAL diet) and i completed my first cycle about three months ago (375mg test-e/250mg deca per week) . I figured i did ok coming off because i gained about 20 pounds on cycle and kept a steady 15. But about a month later of natural training i began to get this weird pain in my right elbow. If i keep agitating it the elbow becomes slightly inflamed. Now it only occurs when i do something like standing barbell curls. Its like a blunt but intense pain and i cant tell if its in the joint or tendon. Long story short ive been resting for about 3 months of NO training at all (and a very ****TY diet due to no motivation) with hopes that this would heal over and when i go back to university in september i can give 'er hard again. Because of all this i lost all my gains that i got from the cycle plus more (thanks to my bullet train metabolism). Anyone got any suggestions? Should i see a physio? or what?? I was thinking of going to go to the gym here in a bit to see if all is well but i highly doubt it. UGH i hate not being able to BB !!!

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    like I told the last guy, ya might wanna see a doc.
    I have real bad shoulder issues. when I use deca it goes away,so I know it is the joint[all the dislocations would tell me that to] If it is a tendon, see the doc and use ice and rest. Ibuprofen will stop the swelling.
    If it is joint, try glucosimine. take a bit but takes the pain away just like deca

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    3 months should have been enough so long as you were completely abstinate from resistance training. Get back into training using a hardgainer routine(3 compound lifts, 2x per week; each workout covering push, pull, and legs). Do this for six weeks or so. If you develope the pain again, you need to see an orthopedic surgeon. Isolation exercizes involving the elbow are out for sure.

I don't think it will come to that. You may actualy make the best gains of your life using an abbreviated training program due to your "bullet train metabolism", and I'm assuming hardgainer build.

In general, if you have problems with tendonitis, stay away from preacher curls, hammer curls, and skull-crushers.

This is my expierience.

ST240 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    3 months should have been enough so long as you were completely abstinate from resistance training. Get back into training using a hardgainer routine(3 compound lifts, 2x per week; each workout covering push, pull, and legs). Do this for six weeks or so. If you develope the pain again, you need to see an orthopedic surgeon. Isolation exercizes involving the elbow are out for sure.

I don't think it will come to that. You may actualy make the best gains of your life using an abbreviated training program due to your "bullet train metabolism", and I'm assuming hardgainer build.

In general, if you have problems with tendonitis, stay away from preacher curls, hammer curls, and skull-crushers.

This is my expierience.
    Good advice thank you

Can you elaborate on the hardgainer routine a little more?

Previously i was doing shoulders/tris/back/bicep and legs/chest/2 rest days in a week.
    Last edited by ST240; 08-14-2004 at 12:03 PM.

Thread Information