Thread: deca and B6

ultimo is offline Associate Member

deca and B6

why do ppl say to take b6 with deca ?? it may be a stupid question but i really dont know why..haha.
    i am going on deca nad would like to know. does anyone know anything about the cost of it to??

Krunchtime is offline Senior Member
    because it will help prevent deca gyno. nolva will not prevent deca gyno. If you are going to run deca you def need to get some b-6

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    b-6 will help with prolactin..take 400mg/ed min...about $6 for 100 at your local grocery store

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Bro I just did a search on B-6 and Deca and received a bunch of information. I would highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    200 ed is the max from what I have read. anyhting more and it can be toxic

edit:200mg ed unless symptoms show up, then bump it to 600 ed until symptoms are gone
    toxic??? i've been running a gram a day for about 6 months now between the b-6 themselves,multi vits and protien shakes...i dont know about toxic,its water soluable...excess will get pissed out...post what you have read

FContact is offline New Member
    B6 has been know to suppress prolactin levels in various studies. Nandrolone /derivatives (like tren ) willl will raise prolactin levels which can lead to galactorrhea not gynecomastia . Galactorrhea is lactation of the nipple, this occurs when the alvieoli of the breast become stimulated in the the nipple. The alvieoli are what secrete milk. Here are some studies. The dose of 200mg/ed should be taken as a maintenance dose, if lactation occurs then 300mg in the am and 300mg in the pm should be taken.......

Studies on B6 Effectivness on Prolactin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

======================================
    J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1976 Mar;42(3):603-6

Effect of pyridoxine on human hypophyseal trophic hormone release: a possible stimulation of hypothalamic dopaminergic pathway.

Delitala G, Masala A, Alagna S, Devilla L.

A single dose of pyridoxine (300 mg iv) produced significant rises in peak levels of immunoreactive growth hormone GH and significant decrease of plasma prolactin PRL in 8 hospitalized healthy subjects. Serum glucose, luteinizing hormone LH, follicle stimulating hormone FSH and thyrotropin TSH were not altered significantly. In addition, in 5 acromegalic patients who were studied with both L-dopa and pyridoxine, inhibition of GH secretion followed either agent in a similar pattern. These data suggest a hypothalamic dopaminergic effect of pyridoxine.

===============================
    N Engl J Med 1982 Aug 12;307(7):444-5

Pyridoxine (B6) suppresses the rise in prolactin and increases the rise in growth hormone induced by exercise.

Moretti C, Fabbri A, Gnessi L, Bonifacio V, Fraioli F, Isidori A.

=====================================
    Boll Soc Ital Biol Sper 1984 Feb 28;60(2):273-8

[Influence of administration of pyridoxine on circadian rhythm of plasma ACTH, cortisol prolactin and somatotropin in normal subjects]

[Article in Italian]

Barletta C, Sellini M, Bartoli A, Bigi C, Buzzetti R, Giovannini C.

The influence of vitamin B6 in a dosage of 300 mg X 2 in 24 hrs, on circadian rhythm of plasmatic ACTH, cortisol, prolactin and somatotropin have been studied in 10 normal women. After vitamin B6 24 hrs pattern of ACTH and cortisol is unchanged; prolactin levels are slightly lower, in a statistically unsignificant proportion the night peak of growth hormone is higher in a statistically significant proportion (p. 0.05). The effect of vitamin B6 is likely to me mediated by dopaminergic receptors at hypothalamic level as previous studies by other authors appear to prove.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is another one for B6.
    Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Vol 42, 1192-1195, Copyright © 1976 by Endocrine Society

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARTICLES

Treatment of women with the galactorrhea-amenorrhea syndrome with pyridoxine (vitamin B6)
    EN McIntosh

Three women with the galactorrhea-amenorrhea syndrome and elevated prolactin concentrations experienced a return of regular ovulatory menses within 37-94 days after starting pyridoxine treatment (200-600 mg/day). In each the galactorrhea ceased and serum prolactin levels were maintained in the normal range while taking pyridoxine. In two other women with prolonged secondary amenorrhea but without hyperprolactinemia or galactorrhea, pyridoxine at dosages up to 600 mg/day did not restore ovulatory menses. Pyridoxine treatment was also ineffective in decreasing profuse galactorrhea in one woman with normal prolactin levels and regular ovulatory menses. In the three women effectively treated with pyridoxine, the galactorrhea returned, serum prolactin levels increased, and the menses ceased after discontinuing pyridoxine. These results imply that pyridoxine, by decreasing the excessive secretion of prolactin, may be useful in the long-term medical management of women with hyperprolactinemia and the galactorrhea-amenorrhea syndrome.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dosnt mater if its water solouble or not its still hard (toxic) on the body if you take more then your body needs and can handle..

alcohol is water solouble, b6 can be toxic in the same way alchol can be toxic.

besides, why would you take more then is nesscary? More dosne't alwyas mean better
    i hear what your saying,but dont compare a vit with booze,thats like apples and oranges.i never heard of vits causing liver failure...i also read somewhere that b-6 taken before bed improves sleep as it has a calming effect...i prefer ambien,but thats just me

most vitmins have a toxicity level.. I think Vit E is the only one where it seems it can be taken as much as one wants. Vitmins not in the same catagoery? too much vita D can posion you and kill you.

Not trying to argue for the sake of argueing with you at all.. I took some Human nutirtion classes in Univ. and although they WAY over exagerated things, vitmins can be toxic.

Again, why take more then you have too?
    cool bro...i was aware of vit d being bad ,and i thought evits wherent too good since they are fat soluable,but i remember growing up when they always told you,you couldnt get enough vit C..even up to 10 grams was cool because it was "water soluable"...i just applied that to all water soluable vits...thanks for the info

just when you think you have all together thanks bro

Microbrew is offline Member
    I'm just started my cycle and I'm taking B-6 200mg 3x ed. It works better to prevent gyno then to use it later when you start to feel it. We'll see

Thread Information