Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Reelmuscle is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    301

    Nolva throughout cycle...do i have this right?

    Hi folks, i am new to the boards. So, hello to everyone.

    Ok, i see many people recommending getting on nolva through out a cycle.
    Now, why should one do this if he/she sees no signs of gyno? Doesnt that just interfer with your gains?

    The only reason i can come up with is because it will keep away from water retention during cycle, therefore at the end of the cycle, what you gained is what you get...and you dont get any of the "i gained 30 lbs but lost 15 lbs of water". Instead, going on Nolva, one would have just gained 15 lbs in the first place and not lost any weight.

    Is this right idea as far as why people recommend Nolva or am i way off base? Thank you.

    Reel

  2. #2
    TheMudMan's Avatar
    TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,724
    I recommend the use of Nolva because it's ability to mimic estrogen in the liver which will help keep lipids stable....... The other reasons are to keep receptors clear from estrogen that can cause gyno, and edema (water retention).

    Best is to add and AI like femera or l-dex to the mix with nolva.

  3. #3
    Reelmuscle is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    I recommend the use of Nolva because it's ability to mimic estrogen in the liver which will help keep lipids stable....... The other reasons are to keep receptors clear from estrogen that can cause gyno, and edema (water retention).

    Best is to add and AI like femera or l-dex to the mix with nolva.
    So, if i were to take lets say, 10 mg ed from my 4th wk on till the end of the 10th, would that not hurt my gains?

  4. #4
    Jantzen4k's Avatar
    Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    $ Make The World Go Round
    Posts
    3,388
    need some stats bro,
    age, height/weight, what you cycling with, what cycle is this . . . etc

  5. #5
    TheMudMan's Avatar
    TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,724
    Nolva doesn't hinder gains unless you feel the water weight you would gainn without nolva are gains.

    I start anti-e's 2 weeks prior to my cycles so that blood levels can be built

  6. #6
    Musa is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Nolva doesn't hinder gains unless you feel the water weight you would gainn without nolva are gains.

    I start anti-e's 2 weeks prior to my cycles so that blood levels can be built
    How much nolva do you take , let's say on a cycle test 500 , deca 400 for 12 weeks ???

  7. #7
    TheMudMan's Avatar
    TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,724
    I would run 10mg Nolva, .25mg L-dex, 200mg Vitamin B6

    If I didn't have an AI like L-dex or femera I would then run 20mg Nolva, and 200mg B6

  8. #8
    gio86 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    650
    hey i have a question also. how fast does nolva.(tamoxiphen) kicks in???

  9. #9
    gio86 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    650
    should i really take it before OR can i just take it since i start my cycle???

  10. #10
    bowie is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    539
    tamoxifen starts to work the day you take it. try 10mg/ed start to finish,if you don't get any gyno signs this dose should be fine. If you get signs,then up your dosage till you don't. The object is to try and avoid gyno,not to cure it once you already have it.Deca also requires 200mg/ed of b-6.

  11. #11
    TheMudMan's Avatar
    TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,724
    Quote Originally Posted by gio86
    should i really take it before OR can i just take it since i start my cycle???
    You can start while already in your cycle..... but best practice is to start 2 weeks before the cycle.

  12. #12
    Reelmuscle is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    301
    Hey Gio86..why you highjacking my thread punk? haha, jk bro.

    Oh ya..stats:

    5'8"
    170 lbs
    ~9%
    23 yrs old
    Natural

    first cycle ever next week:

    1-10 500mg/wk
    nolva on hand incase

    pct:
    Clomid therapy (you know, day 1, 2-11, 12-28)

    I am just asking because some people tell me that if i take nolva, it can conflict with some of the gains. therefore, ONLY take it if you get symtpoms of gyno. What do you say?

  13. #13
    Reelmuscle is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    301
    anyone?

  14. #14
    Nickster#1's Avatar
    Nickster#1 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Need to know basis.
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelmuscle
    anyone?
    From the vast research I've done haunting this forum and all the archives of books and websites, nolva won't hinder your gains, just keep gyno and water retention in check. I think alot has to do with your stats also, like your BF and your size. I will be doing my first cycle soon and my plan is to start doing tamox at 10mg a day from day one of my cycle. Hope this helps you.

  15. #15
    Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Miller's Crossing
    Posts
    6,282
    You will only hinder gains from estrogen supression when administering enough anti-e's, or a strong enough AI to inhibit the correlation between estrogen and the AR. This is why letro is a bad choice for the moderate user

    MudMan covered the optimal protocol

  16. #16
    Reelmuscle is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    301
    So if i were to take 10mg of nolva everyday throughout my cycle, and run into symptoms of gyno, by how much do i up the dose? 40mg instead of 10?

  17. #17
    styles-money's Avatar
    styles-money is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelmuscle
    So if i were to take 10mg of nolva everyday throughout my cycle, and run into symptoms of gyno, by how much do i up the dose? 40mg instead of 10?
    You can go anywhere between 40-80mg ED until the symptoms clear, and then run 20mg ED for the duration of the cycle.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •