Thread: Blood pressure

Tushe is offline Associate Member

Blood pressure

Hey,

I had some stitches removed today from an operation I had 2 weeks ago to remove a mole on my side.

Before the nurse removed them, she took my blood pressure and freaked out.

It was 157/65 which I understand is high... the nurse said someone my age should have a bp of around 120/65.

She asked what could possibly contribute to this high reading, but I just said it may have been all the protein I'm eating at the mo to bulk up.

I'm a little worried, but don't know if I should be. Is the high reading due to my cycle (sus250 eod, deca 100mg weekly) and diet of high protein? What can I do to lower it? Or should this be expected when doing a cycle?

The nurse also asked that I make another appointment in 2 weeks for another reading and a blood test. I really don't want her to see my test levels, so I doubt I'm going to go through with this appoinment.

Cheers guys.

T.

max-it is offline Member
    The top number is generally not as important as the bottom number. I would say monitor it, if it gets much higher you may want to consider medication. All in all, I would not worry about it too much.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Yeah........ it sounds like hype to me on her part.

Tushe is offline Associate Member
    Do you know what the two numbers mean?

detroit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tushe
    Hey,

I had some stitches removed today from an operation I had 2 weeks ago to remove a mole on my side.

Before the nurse removed them, she took my blood pressure and freaked out.

It was 157/65 which I understand is high... the nurse said someone my age should have a bp of around 120/65.

She asked what could possibly contribute to this high reading, but I just said it may have been all the protein I'm eating at the mo to bulk up.

I'm a little worried, but don't know if I should be. Is the high reading due to my cycle (sus250 eod, deca 100mg weekly) and diet of high protein? What can I do to lower it? Or should this be expected when doing a cycle?

The nurse also asked that I make another appointment in 2 weeks for another reading and a blood test. I really don't want her to see my test levels, so I doubt I'm going to go through with this appoinment.

Cheers guys.

T.
    157/65 is nothing to Freak out about. Could of been you were nervous about getting your stiches out. Its best to measure your blood pressure in a friendly place in the morning before you eat.

weightshead is offline Associate Member
    normal ranges are roughly:

systolic between 90 and 135
    diastolic between 50 and 90

mstearns76 is offline Junior Member
    Ya, I was at the Dr. on Friday getting a Physical, and my BP was 138/80. The nurse took it, and then the Dr. took it twice. so I was freaking out.... I am to young to be on bp meds the rest of my life. They have come out recently and said that any thing over 120/80 over a prolonged period of time can distroy the blood vessles in you body, leading to poor circulation,...etc....

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    157 is a little high, but not so high u shud freak out about it, cudda just bin nerves or somethin coz u were jus avin ur stitches out. I think hawthorne berry is supposed to regulate bp, best person to ask is nsa, who is like the guru of supplements.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    i would either take some baby asprin (81mg) to help lower BP or just tell the nurse that your juicing and maybe shell monitor you and make sure your ok and help you

Your systolic (top#) is a little high but nothing to freak about, diastolic (bottom#) is a really good number actually. Wonder where she went to school, or if she even did?

Don't sweat it bro

Troyboy is offline Associate Member
    If you want your BP to come down, start running

Nolvadex 10-20mg ED
    Ferema 1.25mg EOD

That will help bring it down and keep water retention and estrogen related sides to a minimume

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    157/65 is not that bad. normal ranges are : <120/<80. Your Systolic is your heart contracting(blood entering) yours is 157 . Diastolic is heart expands(blood pump out to body) ,yours is 65 thats good. Your nurse is overly excited to say the least. Technically, you have boderline hypertension . Drink lots of water & NO soduim (salt) 2 days before the next reading.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    157/65 is not that bad. normal ranges are : <120/<80. Your Systolic is your heart contracting(blood entering) yours is 157 . Diastolic is heart expands(blood pump out to body) ,yours is 65 thats good. Your nurse is overly excited to say the least. Technically, you have boderline hypertension . Drink lots of water & NO soduim (salt) 2 days before the next reading.
    Exactly, and you might have a little "white coat" fever or was she a good looking nurse?

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Exactly, and you might have a little "white coat" fever or was she a good looking nurse?
    Agreed
    Unless you have a family history of high blood pressure you've nothing to worry about.

Also it could be a range of reasons:
    1. White Coat anxiety (a raise in blood pressure due to tense atmosphere of a doctor's visit)
    2. Sodium and Water rentention (from the gear cycle)
    3.A large arm measurement (the standard cuffs used return inaccurate readings on above average sized arms)

Thread Information