Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member

need anti-depressants so I can start cycle. Can't get them from doc!

I need some anti-depressants, but I don't want in in my medical records that I am taking them so I can't go to the doc for them. Any ideas? Does anyone have experience with anti-d's? which one's are best? Do they really work? How well?
    Thanks for any help!

joe_capone is offline Member
    why do u "need" them? are u taking any test?

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_capone
    why do u "need" them? are u taking any test?
    Yeah, if you need these that bad then you shouldn't be using AS in my opinion.

not right now, but I don't want to start my cycle until I know I have the head meds so when I come off I won't slip into a depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobie-BOY
    not right now, but I don't want to start my cycle until I know I have the head meds so when I come off I won't slip into a depression.
    Do you mean just to be on the safe side or because you already have a pre-existing condition?

Quote Originally Posted by ECoastVIP
    Yeah, if you need these that bad then you shouldn't be using AS in my opinion.
    I have not used any AS for the past year because of the depression, but I miss it. It sucks watching everyone I know getting stronger and bigger while I get no where! This in itself is very depressing! If The head meds don't do the trick I will just accept that I can not juice anymore, but I can't just quit without exhausting all of my options.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Some freindly advice, if you are suffering from depression I don't think you should start a cycle.

dogsofwar is offline Member
    I need some anti-depressants, but I don't want in in my medical records that I am taking them so I can't go to the doc for them. Any ideas? Does anyone have experience with anti-d's? which one's are best? Do they really work? How well?
    Thanks for any help!
    Check your pm.

Do you mean just to be on the safe side or because you already have a pre-existing condition?
    I do not suffer from depression until i Come off the juice.

I have not used any AS for the past year because of the depression, but I miss it. It sucks watching everyone I know getting stronger and bigger while I get no where! This in itself is very depressing! If The head meds don't do the trick I will just accept that I can not juice anymore, but I can't just quit without exhausting all of my options.
    I saw your thread on having severe depression. That's unfortunate but if you think you know yourself and your body and have the control over this problem that it takes to walk away from AS then try it one last time with the meds and see. If it's a big risk though and you risk a relapse that could cause you serious harm than I would say it's not worth it. More drugs to combat drug induced side effects is something you want to keep to a minimum.

I do not suffer from depression until i Come off the juice.
    So this is brought out by the AS solely? Nothing else? Never had troubles until AS? If so than I'd suggest not taking anymore AS.

I saw your thread on having severe depression. That's unfortunate but if you think you know yourself and your body and have the control over this problem that it takes to walk away from AS then try it one last time with the meds and see. If it's a big risk though and you risk a relapse that could cause you serious harm than I would say it's not worth it. More drugs to combat drug induced side effects is something you want to keep to a minimum.
    Well, we take steroids to combat mediocrity, and take clomid and/or hcg and nolvadex to combat the side effects of steroids . Whats the difference in taking Clomid to keep your nuts awake and taking head meds to keep your head straight? Not trying to be a smart ass just making a point. Thanks for the input.

You know what REALLY works for this type of situation? When I got off of my last cycle, I had a supply of Androgel . Man, when taking clomid with a simple 5 g packet of Androgel, the depression, which is chronic with me, was gone and the bones keep poppin up as if I never quit the test. The only real side effect was lethargy. However, unless you have a script for that, then it would be ineffective cost wise. I highly condone Androgel. It restores your libido as well. FYI, it takes 2 weeks for anti-depressants to reach the phase at which seratonin upsurges plane out. I would not recommend taking it only for a 2 to 5 week pct. It will make you weird in the head for the first week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by dogsofwar
    You know what REALLY works for this type of situation? When I got off of my last cycle, I had a supply of Androgel. Man, when taking clomid with a simple 5 g packet of Androgel, the depression, which is chronic with me, was gone and the bones keep poppin up as if I never quit the test. The only real side effect was lethargy. However, unless you have a script for that, then it would be ineffective cost wise. I highly condone Androgel. It restores your libido as well. FYI, it takes 2 weeks for anti-depressants to reach the phase at which seratonin upsurges plane out. I would not recommend taking it only for a 2 to 5 week pct. It will make you weird in the head for the first week or two.
    I plan on staying on them if it works because the depression usually lasts for a few months after i stop using them and by that time I am ready to start another one.
    I PM'd you back.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey, all I'm going to say is DO NOT DO steroids . And for anyone offering him help or PMing him, do NOT play dr. Depression is nothing to mess around with!!!!!

BLT

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    Hey, all I'm going to say is DO NOT DO steroids . And for anyone offering him help or PMing him, do NOT play dr. Depression is nothing to mess around with!!!!!

BLT
    depression is caused by low serotonin levels. So doesn't that mean that serotonin is just a chemical messanger that tells you to be happy just like steroids are chemical messangers that tell you to increase protein synthesis. Besides this is a steroid site, it is full of people playing doctor.

Do you have experience with anti-depressants? Prescription anti-depressants? I bet a hundred bucks that I feel 100 times better than most who go off cycle because of the fact that I do take them (have for 5 years) with 2 cycles. No problems. Depression is caused by upsurges in seratonin or lack of the correct normal balances. All the anti-depressants do is maintain and inscrease your seratonins, in some case, they just block the reuptake. I am a professional at this stuff. Not that it matters, but on the other hand , I would never tell anyone anything I did not know 100% information about. Unlike a lot of people in the forums. Alls good. lata

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm

BLT
    IMHO, there is nothing wrong with cycling when on anti-d's. Done it, worked and I felt great. Don't be so rigid. This whole place is a help forum. I used to be a doctor.
    ~dow

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dogsofwar
    IMHO, there is nothing wrong with cycling when on anti-d's. Done it, worked and I felt great. Don't be so rigid. This whole place is a help forum. I used to be a doctor.
    ~dow
    Bro, I never said there was. All I'm saying is we have no idea about his depression or how bad it is. Simply telling him it's OK to do steroids is NOT smart. he needs to go to a DR, get the proper treatment, then make a responsible decision whats best for him. Thats all. I mean, serioulsy, what happens if he take someone's advise and the next thing you know he's decided to commit suicide? Would that happen? Hmm most likely not, but again, he needs to get help!

Peace,

BLT

buylongterm, I appreciate the concern and I should have mentioned that I have seen a doctor before and he had prescribed me some meds, but he wanted me to keep coming back to get my refills and that sheit gets real f'n expensive at $100 a pop.

Hey bro- I know electronic response is very emotionless. I did convey to him that he get checked out by a physician , preferrably a psychiatric dr. No more. If you have long term depression, then anti-d's would be the perfect remedy. He would not have to go through any ups and downs during pct. 1 in 4 of every person on the planet has a mental disorder of one kind of another. Anti-depressants (at least the majors) are not going to cause suicidal tendencies. There are a select few not on the majors list that have been known to. THey will actually keep suicide from it from happening. Agree with you (blt), a depressive issue caused by use of steroids should not be entertained by anti-depressants. Although, in my own experience, I have done the combonation without fault. This does not and will not apply to anyone else though. Were all made up chemically different as you all know.

buylongterm, I appreciate the concern and I should have mentioned that I have seen a doctor before and he had prescribed me some meds, but he wanted me to keep coming back to get my refills and that sheit gets real f'n expensive at $100 a pop.
    Although I do not get bohicked for that much, I do know what you mean. See a psych dr. He would be able to best assess your condition.

Ok, to be more consistant about what is said, I think its time to bring up an old cliche:
    Would you jump off of a cliff if some you did or did not know told you to?? If there is uncertainty hopefully the inquirer will do some research as to what he is getting into just like this forum. THanks and nighty night.

poantrex is offline Junior Member
    Jesus christ, what the hell is wrong with taking an anti-D post cycle? Having low testosterone levels CAN lead to very bad depression - this has been medically proven.

So taking something while his t levels are recovering is fine. As far as which ones best...I like wellbutrin because it doesn't mess with your libido.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    i have been on and off anti-depressants for around 7 years (prozac, venlaxafine, seroxat, u name it) and have just started my first cycle of test/ D-Bol.

i was concerned about the effects AS would have on my mental health, and contemplated it for a year before actually deciding to go ahead. to be honest my will to get bigger was greater than my will to sort my head out. frankly i'm used to being depressed, i can deal with that, sort of got used to it.

i am worried that it could get worse and am a little worried about roid rage cos i have been known to have a short temper, but that has been mainly drink related, and i dont drink half as much as i used to.

i think it is difficult to accept the avice of "Dont do steroids " cos know one wants to here that, and will most likely do it anyway.

i know i did

More drugs to combat drug induced side effects is something you want to keep to a minimum.
    Reread this now. Like you said it's already being done for other sides. To have to severely drug yourself in to thinking your life is worth living is not a step I would want to have to take. Taking something to slow down hairloss, that I'd consider. And I don't consider mediocracy to be a side effect.

dgthekid is offline Junior Member
    stop being a bitch

Preetz is offline Associate Member
    i wouldent juice if i where u.

Pork Chop is offline Member
    Thanks for any help!
    Effexor works very well and will not be affected or affert the sauce. My doc told me so.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Lots of scary advice being given.....lots of newbies here too......bro, go see your doctor to get treated for depression. At first you said you didn't want it on your medical record....then you said you had already been treated by a doctor?

peace,

ttgb

Wrek is offline New Member
    Have you had your test level checked? Low test can cause severe depression...

Pork Chop is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    Lots of scary advice being given.....lots of newbies here too......bro, go see your doctor to get treated for depression. At first you said you didn't want it on your medical record....then you said you had already been treated by a doctor?

peace,

ttgb
    Agreed. Not wanting this on your medical record is just silly.

peace,

ttgb

just cos someone is new to the board does not mean he/she is new to bodybuilding

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    ...to be honest my will to get bigger was greater than my will to sort my head out.
    No, it doesn't mean you are new to bodybuilding...but you are just starting your first cycle....that's pretty new to AS.

Like I said, pretty scary advice being given.

peace,

ttgb
    Last edited by tryingtogetbig; 08-17-2004 at 09:07 AM.

No, it doesn't mean you are new to bodybuilding...but you are just starting your second cycle....that's pretty new to AS.

Like I said, pretty scary advice being given.

peace,

ttgb
    that statement was in no way meant to be interpreted as advice. i was simply commenting on my past experiences

nowhere in my post did i advise taking AS with depression
    just that it is very difficult to say no, even if deep down you know you shouldnt. well that is how it was with me anyway

Thread Information