ultimo is offline Associate Member

B6 hinders gains??

does b6 hinder gains??
    i just saw someone said that in the forum and wanted to check the iron gods haha.

ultimo is offline Associate Member
    *prays to iron gods*

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    No, if anything it will increase gains as it inhibits prolactin production, and prolactin lowers testosterone . The amount of benefit though is probably negligable as your prolactin levels would have to be pretty high

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimo
    does b6 hinder gains??
    i just saw someone said that in the forum and wanted to check the iron gods haha.

there was a study posted where over 200 mg of b6 a day can hinder gains. I think Mudman posted it.

sorry if I am wrong... it wouldnt be the first time.

FContact is offline New Member
    If this were tru I'd be willing to bet it would hinder them as much as nolvadex would, which would not be significant at all........

I posted the study. It showed (in vitro) that B6 severely reduced AR-mediated gene expression. For that reason, I've switched to cabergoline only for prolactin issues.....not to mention it just provides a general feel good effect

FContact is offline New Member
    Any in vivo studies?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    there was a study posted where over 200 mg of b6 a day can hinder gains. I think Mudman posted it.

sorry if I am wrong... it wouldnt be the first time.
    No I posted 200mg of B6 can cause Neurological problems among other things I will post the info.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Vitamin B6 is usually safe, at intakes up to 200 mg per day in adults.7 However, neurological side effects can sometimes occur at that level.8 Levels higher than 200 mg are more likely to cause such problems. Vitamin B6 toxicity can damage sensory nerves, leading to numbness in the hands and feet as well as difficulty walking. The National Academy of Sciences performed an analysis of vitamin B6 studies. They determined the safe upper limit for long-term use is 100 mg per day. However, under supervision of a healthcare professional, up to 200 mg per day of vitamin B6 can be safely taken by most men and nonpregnant women for limited periods of time. Pregnant and breast-feeding women should not take more than 100 mg of vitamin B6 per day without a doctor’s supervision.

Since vitamin B6 increases the bioavailability of magnesium, these nutrients are sometimes taken together.

Thread Information