Thread: gains tapering?

UnNaturalBuff is offline Member

gains tapering?

What do you do when gains start to taper off?? I'm currently on wk9 of a test e only cycle and was gonna run it for 12wks but I don't know if I should bother now. I've gained 28lbs (200lbs to 228lbs), only do cardio once a wk but my bf hasn't went up too much at all(just some waterweight I believe) and my bench has went up 100lbs along with almost everything else. But all this week I haven't really made any gains.

Think I should just do next wk too and quit or keep goin for 12??

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    @ what dosage are you runnng the test?? are you runnng any ant-es?? wouldnt stop my cycle because haven't made any gains in a week,it could be for alot of reasons your having an off week.is your diet where it should be?? are you getting enough calories to continue growing?? are you getting enough rest/sleep?? is your training as intense as it could be??

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    up your calories

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    you weigh more now so you have to eat more to gain

birsling is offline Member
    Stick to your plan bro. That is why you make it. As devl said, take a look at your routine and diet, make any necessary changes, and keep hitting it hard. Nice job on the gains thus far!

GymDog is offline Banned
    I've done my share of cycles, and there is a limit of growth in every cycle. You can't gain 50 lbs LBM on a cycle. It's all about how sensitive your body is towards exogenous hormones. Some people can run a cycle and gain 30 lbs. Some can only gain 10. It could be diet-related, or training, or sleeping-related, but I can tell you from my experience, that I react fairly well to AAS administration. I will tell you this: EVERY cycle I've run, I'll hit a "wall" around week 6 or 7, guaranteed, and it's not diet-related, because I always increase my calories by 500-800 following a plateau, and I will see NO size/weight increases. Your body can only support so much growth at a time. Remember- your body ins't designed to be 260+ lbs, nor does it want to be that big. You have to "convince" it that it needs to be that big with consistent training and proper diet...

I eat a ****load and I'm running 500mgs wk, 250mgs at 10am monday and 250mg at 10pm thursday, also 10mgs nolva ed. I push myself as hard as possible at the gym, example at bench I tried upping the weight for a set of 3 but could barly get it up once.
    average diet:
    6eggwhites, 2whole eggs, 1 slice turky ham, 1/4th cup full fat cheese= omellette

5oz steak, cup of brocolli

can of beef stew or some pizza or something(I know, tsk tsk)

-workout-
    2scoops protien, 4scoops dextrose

2chicken breasts with 1 cup brwn rice or 1cup oats

5oz hamburger (sometimes with bun, usually withough) 1 cup brocolli

2cans tuna w/ 2tbls mayo(fullfat)
    Sleep
    I drink 2 cups of water with each meal if I can manage it
    Last edited by NaturalBuff; 08-19-2004 at 03:02 PM.

GymDog is offline Banned
    On another note, I'd say stick it out to week 12. One key to keeping your gains is getting your body "used" to being at 228. No matter when I stop gaining in a cycle, I always run my cycles 10-12 weeks...

BTW, be happy with 28 lbs. Some people are lucky to see 10 off a cycle...

GymDog is offline Banned
    I was eating 5500 cals/day on my last cycle, and I went from 240-254, even leaned up (I was already 7-8% anyways). I stopped growing after week 6, so I upped the calories to 6200. I saw no gains for the last 6 weeks, neither in muscle or fat, even with a 700 calorie increase. To give you an idea as to what I was eating, my P/C/F numbers were roughly 575g Protein, 614g Carbs, and 120g Fat...

Quote Originally Posted by GymDog
    On another note, I'd say stick it out to week 12. One key to keeping your gains is getting your body "used" to being at 228. No matter when I stop gaining in a cycle, I always run my cycles 10-12 weeks...

BTW, be happy with 28 lbs. Some people are lucky to see 10 off a cycle...
    I am very happy, you should see how big the pipes got . That's why I was thinkin of just stopping at wk 10, I don't expect to see much more gains, so thought I'd quit and start cutting again, then I can run another cycle around jan. I have 2 more bottles of test and 2 of eq so if I cut it to 10 wks I don't have to dip into one of the bottles for the 4 extra shots.

Btw, big props to the british dragon products, not the cheapest out there but very good product either way. Great gear to introduce me into the darkworld.

little-one is offline Associate Member
    Natural buff,
    This has nothing to do with your thread but I thought Id say it anyway. When I first saw your avatar a while back, I thought that was a pillow ontop of that girl, I just now noticed that its not a pillow, just some big ol titties.

birsling is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBuff
    I am very happy, you should see how big the pipes got . That's why I was thinkin of just stopping at wk 10, I don't expect to see much more gains, so thought I'd quit and start cutting again, then I can run another cycle around jan. I have 2 more bottles of test and 2 of eq so if I cut it to 10 wks I don't have to dip into one of the bottles for the 4 extra shots.
    That is a good point Natural, but what are the consequences in gains to cutting short? I don't know them, hopefully somebody else will.

I don't think there are any if you cut it just at ten wks, lots of ppl do 10wk cycles, even 8wks. Think I might just cut it next wk, just wondering how much waterweight I'll lose.... hopefully a few pounds, I look kinda bloated right now.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    I'm having the same problems. I've gained maybe 4 lbs since I stopped the dbol 3 weeks ago. I cant possibly eat any more either.

Thread Information