jbs
    jbs is offline New Member

Cycle length and down time

Few questions:

#1) How long should you wait before starting another cycle? For example, if you do a ten week cycle, followed up by a 3 week cycle of clomid, how long should you wait before starting another cycle? I know traditonally the answer to this question is take a week off for every week on, so take 10 weeks off. Only, I am eager to start another cycle. Which leads me to my next question...

#2) What are the consequences to starting another cycle, like the one above, 3 weeks after the clomid is stoped on the first one? I am figuring hormonal imbalances, but isn't that what clomid if for?

#3) Cycle length: I have heard that it is genereally speaking not a good idea to run a cycle longer than 10 weeks. The reason being that when you stop the cycle it is much harder to restore your natural hormonal balances. What do you guys think about longer cycles, like year-round or 20 week cycles? Bad idea, very bad idea, or a good idea if you got the money?

I would greatly appreciate anybody that has experience with long cycles or frequent cycles chimming in on this.

Thanks a bunch.
    jbs

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Hey Bro.

I would wait at least 3 months between cycle so your receptors could fully clear out and you could get better gains from your cycle.

I would go with a 10 week cycle.

jbs
    Thanks PL.
    So, ~3 months on then 3 months off. That's at most 2 cycles a year. That's suprising to me. I would think that you could get better gains by doing more cycles or longer cycles. At some point it only makes sense that your going to get diminishing returns on your AAS, but I would think that it is at more than 2 cycles a year.

I would think that 2, 20 week cycles with 12 weeks in between them, would do a whole lot more for a bb than 2, 10 week cycles, but maybe I am way off the mark on this. Maybe desensetized receptors would greatly impeed growth, but if that is the case why are the pros so big from taking AAS year round?

Thanks,
    jbs

viper is offline Member
    like PL said....
    a good rule is to be off the amount of time you were on....

the pros stay on year round (if they do), because muscle-tech needs them to look good for the ads or people wouldn't buy their products...LMAO

jbs
    Thanks viper, and as I stated above, I know how your supposed to cycle, one week off, for every week on. I know that traditonally 10 weeks is the max cycle length, etc., but what I really want to know is...

2) What are the pros and cons to starting another cycle shortly after you finish one cycle, and

3) What are the pros and cons to running a cycle for 20 weeks?

I understand that you desensetize your receptors, but what does that mean in the end analysis? You desensetize your receptors about as much as they can be desentized, after a few weeks on a big test cycle. So, perhaps you desentize them another 10% if you do a 20 week cycle...

My point is that I would think that you would grow a lot more if you did 2, 20 week cycles than 2, 10, but maybe that would not offset cost, etc.

Thread Information