max-it is offline Member

Got my bloodwork, need help...

My doc faxed me a copy of my bloodwork today as I had asked him to do. Everything looks good except for two values. The out of range values are as follows:

HDL Cholesterol was 30, normal is > or = 40.
    Creatinine was 1.6, normal is 0.5 to 1.4.

Everything else looks good. Should I be concerned about these levels? I had my b loodwork done 2 weeks after my last test cyp injection. My test level was 1005 My LDL cholesterol was 126 (normal), total cholesterol 180 (normal). What can I do to raise my HDL cholesterol? Should I be concerned about the creatinine level?

MAX

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Omega 3 fish oils for HDL (gel caps is the way to go). I say no worries on the creatinine level , anyone else?

buffedude is offline New Member
    Your creatinine needs to be followed up. What was your BUN? Have you had previous blood tests? If you creatinine was, let say, 0.8 before and now it's 1.6, that means you've lost 1/2 the function of both kidneys. So I wouldn't go as fas as ignoring this test. Alternatively dehydration can cause elevated creatinine. Did your doc do a urinalysis and if so did you have any protein or RBC in you urine? People with larger muscel mass tend to have higher cratinine. Bottom line is it's best to repeat the test in a couple of weeks and also to compare it to any previous testing. Your low HDL is likely due to your anabolic steroid use .

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Omega 3 fish oils for HDL (gel caps is the way to go). I say no worries on the creatinine level , anyone else?

Dialysis patients generally run a much higher creatinine level, but they're on dialysis because their renal function is shot....A followup in a few weeks wouldn't hurt..I've heard that a moderate kidney infection can cause an elevated creatinine level, but a urine specimen would show signs of the infection..again that's nothing concrete; just what I've heard....Anyway, if you've got the extra cash, I would make make sure I stayed well hydrated and follow up in a few weeks..Good luck and ...................bump for a more knowledgeable resource.......
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-21-2004 at 12:50 PM. Reason: my sorry-*ss typing and spelling, its really bad

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    What was your cycle bro?

max-it is offline Member
    My cycle was 12 weeks:
    wk 1-12 Test cyp 500mg/ew
    wk 1-4 Dbol 25md/ed

max-it is offline Member
    Picked up some omega 3 fish oil, any idea on a proper dose?

Anyone else have input on the creatinine level?

MAX

Auctoris is offline New Member
    Muscular males may have higher baseline creatine levels so I shouldn't worry about it now...
    U need to do the test again after some time, if it is trending up then u could have problem with kidneys, and then u need more accurate tests...

max-it is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Auctoris
    Muscular males may have higher baseline creatine levels so I shouldn't worry about it now...
    U need to do the test again after some time, if it is trending up then u could have problem with kidneys, and then u need more accurate tests...
    thanks for the advice bro, i'm feeling better now

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Your creatinine level is okay..It is not in the "optimal" range as indicated by your Doctor, but it is almost certainly a direct result of a higher concentration of muscle mass..Elevated levels are almost always seen in weight lifters and strength training athletes..It wouldn't be a bad idea though to have a follow-up done in the next month or so..

As for your HDL..Steroids , diet, stress, level of cardiovascular conditioning can all indluence this reading..Once your purge the juice from your system and return to a normal level, it should level off into your normal range..Again, at your discretion, you may get that checked again as well and keep the results from both tests as a future reference guide..

Doc M

max-it is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    Your creatinine level is okay..It is not in the "optimal" range as indicated by your Doctor, but it is almost certainly a direct result of a higher concentration of muscle mass..Elevated levels are almost always seen in weight lifters and strength training athletes..It wouldn't be a bad idea though to have a follow-up done in the next month or so..

As for your HDL..Steroids , diet, stress, level of cardiovascular conditioning can all indluence this reading..Once your purge the juice from your system and return to a normal level, it should level off into your normal range..Again, at your discretion, you may get that checked again as well and keep the results from both tests as a future reference guide..

Doc M
    Thanks doc!

Thread Information