aussiejuicer is offline Associate Member

Gear got siezed by customs

I recieved a siezure letter from customs on Friday after waiting nearly 3 weeks from a very reliable overseas source. Now i'm waiting to see whats going to happen. I didn't think Australia's customs were that good but i was wrong. What are some of the laws and regulations from other countries if you get caught trying to bring gear into the country? I have to send customs a permit stating why i need the steroids within 30days or i'll be hearing from them again. I've spoken to a lawyer whose told me to sit quiet for a while. Has anyone had something like this happen to them???

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    just hang on for a little bit, someone that has has this happen will post a reply.....I'm pretty sure most will tell you to ignore the letter. Hate to hear that about your gear, it definitely sucks....

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    when I said that about ignoring the letter, I'm referring to US customs...good luck

aussiejuicer is offline Associate Member
    Yeah i was thinking of ignoring the letter. I put the order in a different name but it was my post office box which i had to show 2 forms of ID to open.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    australia is the hardest place to import drugs, there customs are so strict. i belive you only have something like a 50% chance that you will get your package if you order foreign. sorry i cant help but i dont know the laws over there. good luck bro

fabry is offline Senior Member
    can u pls delete the other 3 identical threads? tnx

REV
    REV is offline New Member
    Ever since the Olymipics over here, they realy cracked down on steroids over here.
    I've had a seizure letter from Australian customs for my ECA, got a letter stating that Ethadrine is illegal bla bla and that I had 30 days to get in contact with them with a permit or somthing. But on mine they said if I would not reply within the time limit they would destroy the stuff.
    Didn't say anything about them getting in contact with me after the 30 days. So I guess yours is a bit more serious.

Theres nothing much you can do until they get back to you, just act like you never recived the letter in the mail.

I only order small quantities of gear now and only in powder form cause they can fit into a small letters.

good luck mate.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Ignore and deny thats all you can do. NZ OZ and Canada are the worlds toughest customs, unfortunately for the game we play we often lose with customs........Hitman

kronik is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fabry
    can u pls delete the other 3 identical threads? tnx
    Actually it is 4....

thickmass is offline Member
    I never got a letter for my siezure nearly 2 years ago, just 12 customs/Federal Police in jackboots almost breaking down my door at 7am with a search warrant.

Long story short, $1,000 fine for the package, $1,000 for a small amount of stuff in the house, and $1,800 court and customs costs.

All up $3,800 and a criminal conviction.

Even if you try to say nothing or even deny you asked for the package to be sent, if they look up payment methods like moneygram or bank transfers etc you're gone.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    i probably received 4 siezure letters over the yrs,they all said the same as yours.just forget about it.dont do anything and act like it never happened..they cant prove you ordered sh!t anyway...you may want to get yourself a PO box or use a different addy if you intend on trying again as they sometimes flag and address and you would never get anything.

Thread Information