Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED

Competition Prep Cycle

OK, I know I sound like a total newb doing this but I did search the forum and I did not see many cycles using this gear. I've run 2 bulk cycles so far and never have researched cutters. As some of you know, I'm prepping for a contest in 11 weeks, this will be my first one. I'm 5'6", started dieting at 210 and I'm now at 200. My bodyfat percentage is single digits. Since it's my first show I've decided to go in as a middle weight. So my weight will be on the boarder line of middle weight/light heavy so I should look pretty good at 5'6".

The trainer/coach I'm working with wants me to run a competition prep cycle. He said I should run the cycle up until a few days before the show. I asked him what kind of gear I should run. He said I should start with anavar and prop, later switch to test suspension with masteron and tren in there to. It seems like he's of the idea of just running gear and throwing in stuff here and there. From being a member of this board I do not like taking gear without a well planned, well thought out cycle.

The cycle should run for 10 weeks. Anavar, Prop, Test Suspension, Masteron and Tren. I'm going to keep reading and researching to see what cycles I can find. If you can offer any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Carlos

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    I mainly know how to get bloated sorry , but good luck on the cycle 'los

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    *Edit*

Im looking forward to a reply to this thread also - i'll be competing about 1 year from now. by then i'll have a nice bulker in and a nice cutter

~Haz~
    Last edited by Hazard; 08-22-2004 at 02:25 PM.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Britguy is offline Banned
    i think a common pre contest stack would be Prop and Tren , with maybe some Var thrown into the equation also Arimidex , with this cycle you should be able to keep your muscle whilst dieting and maybe gain a few lbs of new muscle, plus you shouldn't hold water if any at all, bump for more experienced guys but i've read this to be a common pre contest stack amongts the pro's (with GH of course) then there's the decision on whether T3 or Clen comes into it, good luck bro, keep us updated

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    OK, I know I sound like a total newb doing this but I did search the forum and I did not see many cycles using this gear. I've run 2 bulk cycles so far and never have researched cutters. As some of you know, I'm prepping for a contest in 11 weeks, this will be my first one. I'm 5'6", started dieting at 210 and I'm now at 200. My bodyfat percentage is single digits. Since it's my first show I've decided to go in as a middle weight. So my weight will be on the boarder line of middle weight/light heavy so I should look pretty good at 5'6".

The trainer/coach I'm working with wants me to run a competition prep cycle. He said I should run the cycle up until a few days before the show. I asked him what kind of gear I should run. He said I should start with anavar and prop, later switch to test suspension with masteron and tren in there to. It seems like he's of the idea of just running gear and throwing in stuff here and there. From being a member of this board I do not like taking gear without a well planned, well thought out cycle.

The cycle should run for 10 weeks. Anavar, Prop, Test Suspension, Masteron and Tren. I'm going to keep reading and researching to see what cycles I can find. If you can offer any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Carlos
    First off...I'm glad to see you are still in the comp after having the minor injury.
    I'd leave the suspension out Carlos...you'll hold too much water on that.
    I'll suggest this to you.

WK 1-10 100 mgs ED prop
    WK 2-10 40 mgs ED VAR
    WK 1-8 75 mgs ED fina
    WK 5-10 50 mgs ED masteron.

I'll be honest here.I'd leave the VAR out and run halo from wk 5-10 at 30 mgs ED,instead.You'll hold no water on halo,and between that and tha masteron,you'll be hard as a rock.The fina will aid in cutting and give you growth and strength gains.The halo will give you godlike strength as well.

Just my .02 bro...good luck on the comp!!

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    First off...I'm glad to see you are still in the comp after having the minor injury.
    I'd leave the suspension out Carlos...you'll hold too much water on that.
    I'll suggest this to you.

WK 1-10 100 mgs ED prop
    WK 2-10 40 mgs ED VAR
    WK 1-8 75 mgs ED fina
    WK 5-10 50 mgs ED masteron .

I'll be honest here.I'd leave the VAR out and run halo from wk 5-10 at 30 mgs ED,instead.You'll hold no water on halo,and between that and tha masteron,you'll be hard as a rock.The fina will aid in cutting and give you growth and strength gains.The halo will give you godlike strength as well.

Just my .02 bro...good luck on the comp!!
    Thanks bro I appreciate it. I'm going to print this out and show it to him. As far as the injury, I started physical therapy Friday. I'm going 3 times a week for the next 6 weeks. It was a partial tear of the adductor muscle where it attaches to the tendon. I did a test yesterday with light weight and I was able to do hack squats and other leg movements with my feet together without feeling any pain or discomfort so I should be able to train around it.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Thanks bro I appreciate it. I'm going to print this out and show it to him. As far as the injury, I started physical therapy Friday. I'm going 3 times a week for the next 6 weeks. It was a partial tear of the adductor muscle where it attaches to the tendon. I did a test yesterday with light weight and I was able to do hack squats and other leg movements with my feet together without feeling any pain or discomfort so I should be able to train around it.
    That sounds great Carlos..really glad to hear that.You'll do real well in this comp,I'm certain of that!

RATM is offline Senior Member
    Very good to hear that your injury is not that severe. I do think that making middle wt (176 1/4? right) might be hard for you. Just my opinion, but here is why. If you are 200 now, and you said you were in single digit BF, then lets say you are 9%. I would imagine that the lowest you could possibly get would be 3% so that is a 6% drop in BF. That would be only 12 pounds of BF which would put you at 188. That leaves another 12 pounds to lose. Given the gear that you are planning to run. I dont think that you will lose 12 pounds of muscle. For arguements sake, lets say that you lose "3 pounds of muscle" per se'. That leaves 9 pounds of water weight, and judging by your avatar, I doubt you will have that much to lose. My point is that I would hate to see you work so hard to get to MiddleWt., and not make it, but be a flat 180 or so and have to go up a class. IMO it might be better to go Lighthvy., from the start and try to come in at say a fuller 190 or so at the weigh in, and then fill out for the prejudging. I will def. be following your progress, and I wish you the best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Britguy
    then there's the decision on whether T3 or Clen comes into it, good luck bro, keep us updated
    I'm not going to mess with that stuff. It would most likely kill me. I have hyperthyroid so I naturally have extremely high thyroid levels and the side effects that go with it. I take meds to lower my thyroid levels to normal. I figured as I get closer to the show and if I'm not as lean as I should be I'd just stop taking my thyroid meds and allow my metabolism to speed up. I've done it before without any problems.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Let's assume you only have 10 weeks left. This is what i have done and would recomend:

Week 1-9 Test Prop at 100mg ED
    Week 1-10 0.5mg of Arimidex to combat the estrogen conversion from the above test, it works grea.
    Week 1-10 Clomid at 50mg ED, just incase there is still some estrogen conversion taking place.
    Week 1-8 EQ at 400mg-600mg week great for vascularity
    Week 1-10 Winny at 50mg ED
    I would keep it at that, tren is good but i feel has a bit of harsh sides so i replace it with winy for me, and it gives me Progesteron driven gyno, so tren is a no for me.
    Now week 9-10 Anadrol50 at 50mg ED, this will fill you out and cause intracelular fat deposition (inside the muscle cells) in turn making you feel and look very, very full.

Now if you want to venture out into some exotics, i would through in IGF-1r at 40mcg/day for last 4 weeks and PGF-2A at 500mg ED (i think i can double check that if you are interested in running that item) the stock off these two made me far harder and danse then Halos...vascular, hard and very thin skin is what i got from this combo...i hope that helps, here is my take on contest prep...good luck Bro...XXL

Anabolica is offline Associate Member
    great reply MIKE_XXL.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    Let's assume you only have 10 weeks left. This is what i have done and would recomend:

Week 1-9 Test Prop at 100mg ED
    Week 1-10 0.5mg of Arimidex to combat the estrogen conversion from the above test, it works grea.
    Week 1-10 Clomid at 50mg ED, just incase there is still some estrogen conversion taking place.
    Week 1-8 EQ at 400mg-600mg week great for vascularity
    Week 1-10 Winny at 50mg ED
    I would keep it at that, tren is good but i feel has a bit of harsh sides so i replace it with winy for me, and it gives me Progesteron driven gyno, so tren is a no for me.
    Now week 9-10 Anadrol50 at 50mg ED, this will fill you out and cause intracelular fat deposition (inside the muscle cells) in turn making you feel and look very, very full.

Now if you want to venture out into some exotics, i would through in IGF-1r at 40mcg/day for last 4 weeks and PGF-2A at 500mg ED (i think i can double check that if you are interested in running that item) the stock off these two made me far harder and danse then Halos...vascular, hard and very thin skin is what i got from this combo...i hope that helps, here is my take on contest prep...good luck Bro...XXL
    I think I just found my next cycle. Great reply MIKE

Quote Originally Posted by The Massacre
    I think I just found my next cycle. Great reply MIKE
    I ended up running something different.

ED Injects
    1cc Prop 100mg
    1cc Tren 75mg
    .5cc Winny 50mg
    .5cc Masteron 50mg
    1 1mg Arimidex tab daily
    1 50mg Anadrol tab daily

It worked quite well.

AVAGO is offline Member
    I ended up running something different.

ED Injects
    1cc Prop 100mg
    1cc Tren 75mg
    .5cc Winny 50mg
    .5cc Masteron 50mg
    1 1mg Arimidex tab daily
    1 50mg Anadrol tab daily

It worked quite well.

Carlos i dont supose you have any more pics do ya sorry for the hi-jack. Just that i havent seen any recent pictures of ya, ive been on this site for ages now, and only just joined really, so i remember you from natty. S**t bro you were awsome natty and your first cycle OMG
    Cheers.....

Quote Originally Posted by AVAGO
    Carlos i dont supose you have any more pics do ya sorry for the hi-jack. Just that i havent seen any recent pictures of ya, ive been on this site for ages now, and only just joined really, so i remember you from natty. S**t bro you were awsome natty and your first cycle OMG
    Cheers.....
    Thanks. I have some. I've been growing. I'll have to put them together in a thread. It's 5am, time for a protein shake and I'm headed back to bed.

AVAGO is offline Member
    Thanks. I have some. I've been growing. I'll have to put them together in a thread. It's 5am, time for a protein shake and I'm headed back to bed.

Nice one man illl be looking forward to it, BTW i can see the growth bro fcuk i can see in those d*mn lats GREAT work bro. I have to say you are a large percentage of my motivation and inspiration keep up the good work :spudnik4:

How long did you run that cycle Carlos?

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    anadrol wtf?!

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolica
    How long did you run that cycle Carlos?
    My contest prep cycle was written for me by a pro. I ran it for 7-8 weeks and I looked very good on stage. Dropped the tren and prop a week out.

Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    anadrol wtf?!
    Such a nice way of asking a question.

The anadrol is there for a purpose. It helps with carb up and helps keep the muscles full so you don't look flat. (Another tip from a pro)

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    ok, but what about the bloat? btw I think ur cycle looks good, though I wouldn t use a-bombs...but hey, if it works...

Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    ok, but what about the bloat? btw I think ur cycle looks good, though I wouldn t use a-bombs...but hey, if it works...
    Arimidex and nolvadex will take care of bloat. 1 tab a day. I forgot when I wrote out the cycle, I had clen in there to.
    Last edited by Carlos_E; 03-30-2005 at 09:42 AM.

warlock is offline Associate Member
    Carlos, How long did you run the anadrol and at what dose?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by warlock
    Carlos, How long did you run the anadrol and at what dose?

Thanks
    Total cut was about 8 weeks. 50mg a day. I did the anadrol for the first 4 weeks, then stopped it, then back on again the last 2 weeks. Thats what I was told to do.

Angel of death is offline Senior Member
    You should probably frontload that eq if you only do it for 8 weeks since thats very short for eq.

I like,

I'll keep that cycle in mind come contest time.

Thread Information