Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 52

Thread: Fighting

  1. #1
    seriouslifter is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    945

    Fighting

    I am posting it in because I know there are juicers and tough people that get mad and dont take sh!t from people. I think roid rage is a myth.
    Last edited by seriouslifter; 06-05-2007 at 06:11 PM.

  2. #2
    Gear's Avatar
    Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,795
    Be a lover not a fighter. War has caused so much unhappiness in this world. Peace.

  3. #3
    DanRT117's Avatar
    DanRT117 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    68
    youve got to be kidding me.....put the juice up your a$$ that will pi$$ you off

  4. #4
    MotoLifter's Avatar
    MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ZooYork
    Posts
    1,322
    What does this thread have to do with anything? It's real simple dude, either you have it in you or you dont. Sounds like you dont, so get over it and stop cryin.

  5. #5
    Homer 8 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    400
    why do you want to be tough and throw the first punch thats not a fighter that a fool and i know from experience who trows the first punch is gonna knocked down like a bitch. dont go out looking for trouble if trouble find u then react

  6. #6
    chicamahomico's Avatar
    chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Hoss's Moms bedroom
    Posts
    2,993
    <shakes head in disbelief>

  7. #7
    TheMudMan's Avatar
    TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,724
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    <shakes head in disbelief>



    I just want to know how old he is.........

  8. #8
    TheMudMan's Avatar
    TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,724
    checked his profile 33........

  9. #9
    steggs's Avatar
    steggs is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    215
    why????

    whats with you man, why do u feel the need to be this way, no offence but thats the sort of attitude that gives people the misconception that all people on the gear are thick muscle bound thugs
    you dont need to show your tough at your size get bigger get into top condition and people will be intimidated by you so you dont have to fight (plus u stay out of jail)

    look im not very confident in that respect at 210 5-9 and im in pretty good shape but not many fights come my way because i give people respect and i am very aproachable and if someone is intimidated by the way i look, that makes me feel uneasy so i make a effort to be freindly .

    thats the way i leed my life and i get no trouble its ok to be nervous about confrontation . this roid rage is bull $hit its about you and how you handle lifes issues

    chill out and peace

  10. #10
    KINGKONG's Avatar
    KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Outside the Walls
    Posts
    3,197
    your about the same size maybe a little smaller than me depending on your body fat...I never have any problems with people wanting to fight..I think it's how you present yourself...Don't fight unless necessary IMO I have alot of unnecesary injury
    I wish I didn't have from the past....This is what I do in the rare case some drunk guy
    is talking smack...I tell him Iam a trained fighter and what I'll do to him if he throws a punch at me and then I laugh at the fact he wants to fight me...any real tough guy DOESN'T GO LOOKING FOR TROUBLE....you can kill someone real easy or get sued for the rest of your life if your lucky enough not to go to jail...So my advice is just be cool.......

  11. #11
    soo2bhuge's Avatar
    soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    chi-town
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouslifter
    I am posting it in because I know there are juicers and tough people that get mad and dont take sh!t from people. I think roid rage is a myth. I am on juice and didnt get mad enough. How do you overcome a fear or whatever to get mad and just scream crap back at the person and ready to fight even if he throws the first punch. I know there are alot of crazy people on this board so I asked it. How do you become not scared to fight or I dont know just break the ice of throwing the first punch. I think I am so negative to my body thinking that I am small. I am 5"11 and 215 and juice. Some of my friends are like half my size and I laugh in my head thinking there tough when they start stuff or think they can fight. One of them is 6"2 and like 147. How do I make myself tough, omg Im so mad. Alot of people down the road just in previous times that met me that said I am tough if I want to be, just have to show it. I guess you have to really bug me to get me mad. Its just in general in everything, how do I make myself not afraid to back down or confront someone and do something. Im sure there are some really big people on this board that will beat the crap out of alot of people. Help me! I know im tough, I have to show it.
    hey man. don't listen to these hypocrits on this board, who act like they want to help people, yet whenever someone asks a good question they act like they're better than u. listen...i give u props for just asking this question. i had the same problem about 2 years ago. now, i haven't done juice, yet i'm planning for a cycle in the upcoming months. i used to be the same way man. i'd go to bars and act like a hard ass and stare people down, yet when it came down to it, i'd get scared and nervous. i've been in plenty of fights in my life yet i never threw the first punch. i did judo (actually sambo) for 6 or 7 years since age 5 and i knew how to handle myself on the ground and stuff, yet like u said, i'd get nervous and wait for the other person to attack me. before 2 years ago i hadn't done any sort of sports since around the age of 12 or 13 and i was pretty skinny and weak. then i decided to get back in to mixed martial arts and lifting. i'm gonna make this short by getting straight to the point......ever since i started doing it, my confidence has gone up by 500%. i have also put on some solid mass and learned different types of fighting techniques. unlike before, i have nothing to prove anymore, unless it's in the ring. i don't look for fights and if they come my way, i laugh because the mma has taught me to keep my cool and use what i've learned. just look at the street or bar fights, it's a bunch of guys swinging their arms and getting tired within the first 20 sec. because they're fighting out of anger and on pure adrenaline, rather than technique and calmness. i woulnd't even want to fight guys like that......they're a joke. i don't like fighting on the street but i'm unfortunate to have a hot girlfriend who turns head whenever we go out, so sometimes it's not up 2 me. just a few weeks ago this guy had the balls to laugh at my face and tell me that he wanted to fight me for her. i didn't get mad or pissed, in fact most of the time i'll try to talk my way out of it because i don't want to hurt anyone, but i had a few drinks in me and thought it would be fun. we went outside the bar and as soon as he got close enough for me to kick him in the head, i did. there were no more punches exchanged, nor did his friends jump in. i believe he was out for about 5 min. and once he came to it, he once again had enough balls to come up to me and apologize. bottom line is......don't think that juice is gonna make u be crazy or whatever. just cause someone juices, doesn't mean they can fight. just look at ufc or pride. most of those guys juice, i know for a fact they do, my instructor does that sort of fighting. but look at little guys who mostly do judo or jui-jitsu, most don't juice and i'd put my money on them before anyone else. i think u should do some sort of martial arts that will make u relax and more confident. once u start feeling confident man, there won't be a need to fight. u will be able to look at guys twice your size and say, there's no point of fighting, this guy is a joke. and guys who juice, will burn out way before someone who is not. the extra muscle and mass that they carry may look nice, but doesn't mean s#$t! just learn how to relax and be more confident, once that comes......u won't want to fight or u may want to fight, but u will out of fun and with the use of skill rather than emotion and anger. goodluck!

  12. #12
    steggs's Avatar
    steggs is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    215

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by soo2bhuge
    hey man. don't listen to these hypocrits on this board, who act like they want to help people, yet whenever someone asks a good question they act like they're better than u. listen...i give u props for just asking this question. i had the same problem about 2 years ago. now, i haven't done juice, yet i'm planning for a cycle in the upcoming months. i used to be the same way man. i'd go to bars and act like a hard ass and stare people down, yet when it came down to it, i'd get scared and nervous. i've been in plenty of fights in my life yet i never threw the first punch. i did judo (actually sambo) for 6 or 7 years since age 5 and i knew how to handle myself on the ground and stuff, yet like u said, i'd get nervous and wait for the other person to attack me. before 2 years ago i hadn't done any sort of sports since around the age of 12 or 13 and i was pretty skinny and weak. then i decided to get back in to mixed martial arts and lifting. i'm gonna make this short by getting straight to the point......ever since i started doing it, my confidence has gone up by 500%. i have also put on some solid mass and learned different types of fighting techniques. unlike before, i have nothing to prove anymore, unless it's in the ring. i don't look for fights and if they come my way, i laugh because the mma has taught me to keep my cool and use what i've learned. just look at the street or bar fights, it's a bunch of guys swinging their arms and getting tired within the first 20 sec. because they're fighting out of anger and on pure adrenaline, rather than technique and calmness. i woulnd't even want to fight guys like that......they're a joke. i don't like fighting on the street but i'm unfortunate to have a hot girlfriend who turns head whenever we go out, so sometimes it's not up 2 me. just a few weeks ago this guy had the balls to laugh at my face and tell me that he wanted to fight me for her. i didn't get mad or pissed, in fact most of the time i'll try to talk my way out of it because i don't want to hurt anyone, but i had a few drinks in me and thought it would be fun. we went outside the bar and as soon as he got close enough for me to kick him in the head, i did. there were no more punches exchanged, nor did his friends jump in. i believe he was out for about 5 min. and once he came to it, he once again had enough balls to come up to me and apologize. bottom line is......don't think that juice is gonna make u be crazy or whatever. just cause someone juices, doesn't mean they can fight. just look at ufc or pride. most of those guys juice, i know for a fact they do, my instructor does that sort of fighting. but look at little guys who mostly do judo or jui-jitsu, most don't juice and i'd put my money on them before anyone else. i think u should do some sort of martial arts that will make u relax and more confident. once u start feeling confident man, there won't be a need to fight. u will be able to look at guys twice your size and say, there's no point of fighting, this guy is a joke. and guys who juice, will burn out way before someone who is not. the extra muscle and mass that they carry may look nice, but doesn't mean s#$t! just learn how to relax and be more confident, once that comes......u won't want to fight or u may want to fight, but u will out of fun and with the use of skill rather than emotion and anger. goodluck!
    you think its a good post do you!!!!

    and theres me thinking it was a bit silly well you know better bro! lol

  13. #13
    Homer 8 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by soo2bhuge
    hey man. don't listen to these hypocrits on this board, who act like they want to help people, yet whenever someone asks a good question they act like they're better than u. listen...i give u props for just asking this question. i had the same problem about 2 years ago. now, i haven't done juice, yet i'm planning for a cycle in the upcoming months. i used to be the same way man. i'd go to bars and act like a hard ass and stare people down, yet when it came down to it, i'd get scared and nervous. i've been in plenty of fights in my life yet i never threw the first punch. i did judo (actually sambo) for 6 or 7 years since age 5 and i knew how to handle myself on the ground and stuff, yet like u said, i'd get nervous and wait for the other person to attack me. before 2 years ago i hadn't done any sort of sports since around the age of 12 or 13 and i was pretty skinny and weak. then i decided to get back in to mixed martial arts and lifting. i'm gonna make this short by getting straight to the point......ever since i started doing it, my confidence has gone up by 500%. i have also put on some solid mass and learned different types of fighting techniques. unlike before, i have nothing to prove anymore, unless it's in the ring. i don't look for fights and if they come my way, i laugh because the mma has taught me to keep my cool and use what i've learned. just look at the street or bar fights, it's a bunch of guys swinging their arms and getting tired within the first 20 sec. because they're fighting out of anger and on pure adrenaline, rather than technique and calmness. i woulnd't even want to fight guys like that......they're a joke. i don't like fighting on the street but i'm unfortunate to have a hot girlfriend who turns head whenever we go out, so sometimes it's not up 2 me. just a few weeks ago this guy had the balls to laugh at my face and tell me that he wanted to fight me for her. i didn't get mad or pissed, in fact most of the time i'll try to talk my way out of it because i don't want to hurt anyone, but i had a few drinks in me and thought it would be fun. we went outside the bar and as soon as he got close enough for me to kick him in the head, i did. there were no more punches exchanged, nor did his friends jump in. i believe he was out for about 5 min. and once he came to it, he once again had enough balls to come up to me and apologize. bottom line is......don't think that juice is gonna make u be crazy or whatever. just cause someone juices, doesn't mean they can fight. just look at ufc or pride. most of those guys juice, i know for a fact they do, my instructor does that sort of fighting. but look at little guys who mostly do judo or jui-jitsu, most don't juice and i'd put my money on them before anyone else. i think u should do some sort of martial arts that will make u relax and more confident. once u start feeling confident man, there won't be a need to fight. u will be able to look at guys twice your size and say, there's no point of fighting, this guy is a joke. and guys who juice, will burn out way before someone who is not. the extra muscle and mass that they carry may look nice, but doesn't mean s#$t! just learn how to relax and be more confident, once that comes......u won't want to fight or u may want to fight, but u will out of fun and with the use of skill rather than emotion and anger. goodluck!
    please man u cannot be serious posting this i dont like disrespecting peolple but i think ur fairly insecure if ur going around startin fights for a hard man image and if u have never jucied befor how do u know bout roid rage

  14. #14
    100%NATURAL-theGH's Avatar
    100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    1,622
    hey I totally agree with the guy... he actually TRIED to answer the guys questions and that is totally respectable... the guy obviously wants some help and direction and he was the only guy to give it to him... I mean.. I've been there before when I was younger... everyone has... some kids grow up hard or are born stupid but I didn't do either so the first few times I was a little confused.... but I think he gave pretty sound advice... I would recomend you take up boxing... it's fun... and when you realize how simple it really is you will be able to defend yourself if you need to... and as far as trying to look tuff and stuff... effe that bull- sh1t... it doesn't get you more girls.... and most of the time it's gonna end you up in jail.... just be careful and smart...

  15. #15
    DEVLDOG's Avatar
    DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    city of brotherly love
    Posts
    2,976
    you want to fight,put on some boxing gloves and get in a ring,join the military,or take up karate or something.dont get juiced up and go out and get some beer muscles.your gonna get your a$$ kicked.dont go looking for trouble,it will find you eventually.i have broken my hands many times fighting,yeah it seemed like a good idea at the time,but when i woke up the next morning and couldnt see a knuckle on my hand.then it became a very stupid thing to do.besides the court fees,lawyer fees...oh yeah bro,you'd be surprised at all the nonsense afterwards.your 33 y/o bro,this is sh!t i did in my 20's.just face the facts man...your NOT a fighter.

  16. #16
    biff is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    tx
    Posts
    217
    I always say better to have friends than enemys. If you have trouble goin through with a fight thats a good thing it will keep you out of trouble and from gettin hurt but if someone pushs far enough then thats a reason to fight. Because you have juice in your system is not a reason to fight.

  17. #17
    jrmyjjhnsn is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    25
    if you really want to learn how to fight try boxing or sparing with a friend and know that if someone looks at you funny it dosent mean they want to fight you. if you dont have kids yet pop some of those out and your outlook on being a tough guy goes away trust me i been in a few fights and all they get you is legal trouble and somtimes an embarissing ass stomping,just walk away save yourself the trouble.

  18. #18
    NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,223
    seriouslifter - motolifter summed it all up for you & I refuse to believe you're 33.

    soo2bhuge - "i'd go to bars and act like a hard ass and stare people down," - why?

    Both of you need serious counselling for self esteem issues.

  19. #19
    Fat Guy's Avatar
    Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    So Cali. Inland Empire
    Posts
    1,273
    Fighting is for retards! My theory on fighting is t RUN LIKE HELL! I read all these post “I don’t want to fight because I don’t want to hurt anyone” like you are the tough guy and you have superman strength and ability. Another stupid argument to my response will be “Dude You do not want to loose your respect do you dude?” Honestly, I do not care if you respect me or not because the bottom line is your opinion does not matter to me. Internet tough guys what a joke.

    The best advice I can give you is when you feel threatened in any sense RUN LIKE HELL (Another words get the F**K out and quick). All battles are won before they are started and if you do not engage in fighting, you will never loose a fight!

    There is a reason you are scared and that is your body telling you that your in danger i.e. the FIGHT OR FLIGHT response caused by the central nervous system. It is your survival system to keep you healthy.

  20. #20
    PT's Avatar
    PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    12,157
    i would never fight anymore unless really, really provoked and there was no other way, or a family member, or my girl was in danger. but one thing i would never do is run. i dont care if there are 4 people with bats, i dont run from anybody. but i cant stand people who always want to fight.

  21. #21
    215
    215 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    252
    This guy is the complete opposite of me in everyday life and i can't say how far from me on gear.

  22. #22
    DEVLDOG's Avatar
    DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    city of brotherly love
    Posts
    2,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Guy
    Fighting is for retards! My theory on fighting is t RUN LIKE HELL! I read all these post “I don’t want to fight because I don’t want to hurt anyone” like you are the tough guy and you have superman strength and ability. Another stupid argument to my response will be “Dude You do not want to loose your respect do you dude?” Honestly, I do not care if you respect me or not because the bottom line is your opinion does not matter to me. Internet tough guys what a joke.

    The best advice I can give you is when you feel threatened in any sense RUN LIKE HELL (Another words get the F**K out and quick). All battles are won before they are started and if you do not engage in fighting, you will never loose a fight!

    There is a reason you are scared and that is your body telling you that your in danger i.e. the FIGHT OR FLIGHT response caused by the central nervous system. It is your survival system to keep you healthy.
    are you serious bro,i'd never run from anyone,i have too much self respect to do that.i guess it all goes back to how you were raised and where you were raised..i grew up in the inner city,i remember fighting when i was 5 yrs old.if you dont stand up for yourself,who will??

    bad addvice bro...IMO,but besides that.what does this thread have to do with anything related to what we are doing here.

    go see a shrink bro,if your a pu ssy and dont want to be,then you have a decision to make..dont you??

  23. #23
    scotttiger54's Avatar
    scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Dante's Inferno
    Posts
    1,885
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouslifter
    I am posting it in because I know there are juicers and tough people that get mad and dont take sh!t from people. I think roid rage is a myth. I am on juice and didnt get mad enough. How do you overcome a fear or whatever to get mad and just scream crap back at the person and ready to fight even if he throws the first punch. I know there are alot of crazy people on this board so I asked it. How do you become not scared to fight or I dont know just break the ice of throwing the first punch. I think I am so negative to my body thinking that I am small. I am 5"11 and 215 and juice. Some of my friends are like half my size and I laugh in my head thinking there tough when they start stuff or think they can fight. One of them is 6"2 and like 147. How do I make myself tough, omg Im so mad. Alot of people down the road just in previous times that met me that said I am tough if I want to be, just have to show it. I guess you have to really bug me to get me mad. Its just in general in everything, how do I make myself not afraid to back down or confront someone and do something. Im sure there are some really big people on this board that will beat the crap out of alot of people. Help me! I know im tough, I have to show it.
    bro don't use gear thinkin its gonna make you billy bad ass. i've beat the **** out of bro's that were twice my size before i ever thought about using AAS. using gear doesn't make you a better fighter, and if you think it does, then your sadly mistaken

  24. #24
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446

  25. #25
    Fat Guy's Avatar
    Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    So Cali. Inland Empire
    Posts
    1,273
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    are you serious bro,i'd never run from anyone,i have too much self respect to do that.i guess it all goes back to how you were raised and where you were raised..i grew up in the inner city,i remember fighting when i was 5 yrs old.if you dont stand up for yourself,who will??
    Devil Dog pride and ignorance go hand in hand brutha. And, yeah I grew in a one of the worst barrios in Southern CA near East LA and that is why I say RUN, RUN, and RUN. One of the falsehoods is running has something to do with respect or self-respect which is a load. Self respect is what you set your priorities on and I do not set my priorities getting my head bashed in because I was too stupid to get out of a dangerous situation.
    Last edited by Fat Guy; 08-24-2004 at 02:08 PM.

  26. #26
    Fat Guy's Avatar
    Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    So Cali. Inland Empire
    Posts
    1,273
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Yes, Yes it is! lol

  27. #27
    PT's Avatar
    PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    12,157
    Quote Originally Posted by soo2bhuge
    hey man. don't listen to these hypocrits on this board, who act like they want to help people, yet whenever someone asks a good question they act like they're better than u. listen...i give u props for just asking this question. i had the same problem about 2 years ago. now, i haven't done juice, yet i'm planning for a cycle in the upcoming months. i used to be the same way man. i'd go to bars and act like a hard ass and stare people down, yet when it came down to it, i'd get scared and nervous. i've been in plenty of fights in my life yet i never threw the first punch. i did judo (actually sambo) for 6 or 7 years since age 5 and i knew how to handle myself on the ground and stuff, yet like u said, i'd get nervous and wait for the other person to attack me. before 2 years ago i hadn't done any sort of sports since around the age of 12 or 13 and i was pretty skinny and weak. then i decided to get back in to mixed martial arts and lifting. i'm gonna make this short by getting straight to the point......ever since i started doing it, my confidence has gone up by 500%. i have also put on some solid mass and learned different types of fighting techniques. unlike before, i have nothing to prove anymore, unless it's in the ring. i don't look for fights and if they come my way, i laugh because the mma has taught me to keep my cool and use what i've learned. just look at the street or bar fights, it's a bunch of guys swinging their arms and getting tired within the first 20 sec. because they're fighting out of anger and on pure adrenaline, rather than technique and calmness. i woulnd't even want to fight guys like that......they're a joke. i don't like fighting on the street but i'm unfortunate to have a hot girlfriend who turns head whenever we go out, so sometimes it's not up 2 me. just a few weeks ago this guy had the balls to laugh at my face and tell me that he wanted to fight me for her. i didn't get mad or pissed, in fact most of the time i'll try to talk my way out of it because i don't want to hurt anyone, but i had a few drinks in me and thought it would be fun. we went outside the bar and as soon as he got close enough for me to kick him in the head, i did. there were no more punches exchanged, nor did his friends jump in. i believe he was out for about 5 min. and once he came to it, he once again had enough balls to come up to me and apologize. bottom line is......don't think that juice is gonna make u be crazy or whatever. just cause someone juices, doesn't mean they can fight. just look at ufc or pride. most of those guys juice, i know for a fact they do, my instructor does that sort of fighting. but look at little guys who mostly do judo or jui-jitsu, most don't juice and i'd put my money on them before anyone else. i think u should do some sort of martial arts that will make u relax and more confident. once u start feeling confident man, there won't be a need to fight. u will be able to look at guys twice your size and say, there's no point of fighting, this guy is a joke. and guys who juice, will burn out way before someone who is not. the extra muscle and mass that they carry may look nice, but doesn't mean s#$t! just learn how to relax and be more confident, once that comes......u won't want to fight or u may want to fight, but u will out of fun and with the use of skill rather than emotion and anger. goodluck!
    dude i think you are a joke. first you talk about not having to fight if you know martial arts, then you talk about fighting for fun. and if someone believes you kicked someone once in the head and knocked them out they are sorley mistaken. you are talking about pride and ufc right, so did you ever see anyone get a roundhouse to the head, no because it dosnt happen. go act like a tough guy somewere else because your kind dosnt fool me.

  28. #28
    max-it's Avatar
    max-it is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    very solid advice. i had some issues when i was younger, and it's boxing, wrestling and martial arts training that solved them, not juice. when i reached a certain point, then i added juice to take take me to the the next level, i didn't try to use juice to substitute for balls or something else i was lacking.

    for what you're looking for, a good MMA school of boxing gym would hopefully give you. once you get some regular sparring in, your pre fight fear (which is totally normal) will go away because you know the guy who is starting with you isn't nearly as tough as the guy you were sparring with last night.

    But more importantly it should resolve a lot of the issues that make you get into fights in the first place. you will carry yourself better, and people will feel your confidence, and not want to start with you. and most importantly, eventually it will teach you that you have absolutely nothing prove to anybody in a bar, because you've already proved it in the ring.

    "tough isn't how you act tough is how you train" - Rickson

    peace
    although this newb comes off as a little immature i have to say i agree with his advice. i do kickboxing and i can tell you that when you first start you feel like you have something to prove. after a while you begin to feel more confident in yourself. i think the guy who doubts himself feels as if he has to prove to himself that he can fight. well he can do this in the gym. he can train, spare and eventually prove to himself that he is a capable fighter and he can do it in a controlled environment instead of a bar where he might get himself stabbed.

  29. #29
    PT's Avatar
    PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    12,157
    one more thing since im on a roll here. fatguy, how can you run away from someone and still look at yourself in the mirror. wounds heal, but if you crush my pride that hurts forever

  30. #30
    steggs's Avatar
    steggs is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    215
    guys when do you ever see martial arts used on the streets it just doesnt work unless the other guy is following the same rules , having worked as a doorman for many years ive seen loads of martial arts guys getting knocked out trying that $hit on the other hand boxers tend to handle themselves very well indeed

    just a observation

  31. #31
    soo2bhuge's Avatar
    soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    chi-town
    Posts
    1,385
    wow. it's funny how people can read something and turn it completely around on u. obviously many of u missed my point completely. here's the summary for all of those who needed cliff notes in high school, because i can see that there r many high school drop out on this board. i said that i USED to act like a hard ass, because i was young and stupid. NOW, i don't!!! i have matured alot and mma has taught me how to channel my anger. i no longer need to fight to prove myself, that's my point. for all of u who undersood what i said, thank you.......for everyone else (i'm not looking to get into personal arguments with people on this board, because i can tell that u guys r very tough on your computer screens..........that was being sarcastic, just in case many of u r slow), keep telling yourself that u r tuff because u're juicing. and some guy who stated that kicks don't happen in pride and ufc, well i suggest u watch some fights. u don't even have to go too far back. just watch pride from the previous weekend. mirko cro-cop vs. emelianenko. i didn't write my response to sound like a hard ass or to say that i can kick everyone's ass, because that's not true. i can admit that. my response is to show that once u r confident in your self and your skills, u won't want to fight. whether u believe me about my fight or not,........i don't care to tell u the truth.......i have nothing to prove to any of u on this board. maybe to u it sounded like a kick to the head is like walking on mars but to many people who have experience with kickboxing, muay thai, and other arts, it's not a big deal. take it as it is. many of u act tugg on your keyboards but wouldn't have enough balls to walk into a local fighting gym and last 30sec......or at least u wouldn't be able to against guys half your size and half your age, many of which r not on juice. furthermore, i wasn't trying to tell this guy to go and pick fights, my response was the complete opposite.

  32. #32
    SportsMedVIP's Avatar
    SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    www.ironforlife.com
    Posts
    3,357
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    checked his profile 33........
    Now that's hilarious!

  33. #33
    soo2bhuge's Avatar
    soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    chi-town
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by pietro75
    dude i think you are a joke. first you talk about not having to fight if you know martial arts, then you talk about fighting for fun. and if someone believes you kicked someone once in the head and knocked them out they are sorley mistaken. you are talking about pride and ufc right, so did you ever see anyone get a roundhouse to the head, no because it dosnt happen. go act like a tough guy somewere else because your kind dosnt fool me.
    instead of arguing with you, because u obviously come from a place where kicks to the head do not exist, i just wanted to play a song for u.

  34. #34
    steggs's Avatar
    steggs is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by ECoastVIP
    Now that's hilarious!
    bump

  35. #35
    steggs's Avatar
    steggs is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    215
    guys this is getting silly ....my wife just thinks we are macho egotistical meat heads

    aahh she learns fast

  36. #36
    Fat Guy's Avatar
    Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    So Cali. Inland Empire
    Posts
    1,273
    Quote Originally Posted by pietro75
    one more thing since im on a roll here. fatguy, how can you run away from someone and still look at yourself in the mirror. wounds heal, but if you crush my pride that hurts forever
    Bro my pride is not that fragile. I do not cry because I ran away from a dangerous situation…I think, I would call that intelligence and that is what I pride myself on.
    Hey but it is anyone’s prerogative to stay and fight…Fight away tough guy! I for one, will not try to stop you.

  37. #37
    SportsMedVIP's Avatar
    SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    www.ironforlife.com
    Posts
    3,357
    Quote Originally Posted by steggs
    bump
    Come now, is this necessary?

  38. #38
    steggs's Avatar
    steggs is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by ECoastVIP
    Come now, is this necessary?
    i know and i hang my head in shame

  39. #39
    max-it's Avatar
    max-it is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by soo2bhuge
    instead of arguing with you, because u obviously come from a place where kicks to the head do not exist, i just wanted to play a song for u.
    i have seen someone get a round kick in the side and in the thigh. if you are not conditioned you will not be standing after receiving a round kick. no one kicks to the head becasue if you miss you are out of your guard, kicks to the side and leg are much easier to throw and land.

  40. #40
    steggs's Avatar
    steggs is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    215
    i round kicked a guy in the ankles didnt have the same effect.........$hit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •