Thread: what if????

dern180 is offline Member

what if????

I heard if you inject a air bubble you could die? ture or not

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    technicaly true, however it would have to be a pretty BIG bubble if it was injected into a muscle! im sure going direct into the blood stream via a vein would be somewhat worse!

thats NOT to say you can just go ahead and start pumping ya butt full of air!! (in case you go POP the next time you inject)

you should always check to ensure that all the bubbles are out of the juice before you start to inject, however, as a side note, on many occaisions when i aspirate the needle a small air bubble will pop into the juice! (this MUST have come from IN my muscle since im very careful to remove all the air from the juice)

of course im not going to remove the needle and start again or id end up looking like a pin cusion! im just VERY VERY carefull to make sure that i dont go forcing that bubble back into my muscle, even though im aware that it wont kill me!

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    When you aspirate small bubbles will appear into the syringe but these are very very small and will do no harm.You would have to inject a LOT of air for it to kill you as it is OK in the blood stream until it hits the brain then it can do all sorts of damage,but for what you are doing don't fret it is very unlikely

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I've researched this, but not in depth so don't take my word as gospel. But APPARENTLY it takes 10cc of air into a vain to kill you.

But please don't take my word as gospel. Injecting air into a muscle will not cause you much harm.

Bouncer

dern180 is offline Member
    Thanks for the help

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    But APPARENTLY it takes 10cc of air into a vain to kill you.

Bouncer
    i was just gonna say the same thing. we've all seen too many murder mystery movies with the old air bubble to the heart trick.

bouncer, i 've heard that very same thing. it came from the underground steroid handbook II by dan duchaine.

hammerhead is offline Member
    No matter how careful you are there's always a teeny little bit of air in the needle and at the top of the juice. It's a tiny little air pocket and is at room air pressure of 13 psi. When you aspirate the needle that tiny little air bubble becomes alot bigger with a much much lower air pressure. Same amount of air.

In the muscles small air bubble do nothing. Big air pockets can cause blood clots. In the veins air bubles can become embolisms and can be fatal depending on what part of the body it rests. It should naturally make its way to the lungs and diffuse over time. It shouldn't reach the heart. If it does make its way to vital organs first such as the brain you can die because that part of the body can be robbed of its blood supply (and oxygen etc.)

Unless you're pumping an entire syringe of air into your veins you have nothing to fear.

Thread Information