bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'

Convertin t4 to t3

What supps should i take to help convertin the t4 to t3 in my body? Zinc, taurine, anythin else? What dose?

**** it the letter between f and h on my keyboard isn't workin!!!!

bor
    bump

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    i do not know of any supplement that will help the conversion of t4 into t3, you can however take multivitamins 3 times a day to help.

odrorir is offline Associate Member
    Are you taking Clen , is that why you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by bor
    What supps should i take to help convertin the t4 to t3 in my body? Zinc, taurine, anythin else? What dose?

**** it the letter between f and h on my keyboard isn't workin!!!!

A thyroid gland that functions normally produces T4 and T3. Twenty percent of the T3 circulating in the body comes directly from the thyroid gland, and the remaining 80 percent comes from conversion of T4. Because of this conversion process, most doctors prescribe only synthetic T4 medication.

This is an aside I came by, so unless your doing something to supress said conversion you can try to increase t4 too.

Supplements that may help: (Suggestions, not prescriptive.)

Vitamin A (retinol as found in Cod Liver Oil or concentrate, check capsule) 5,000-10,000 IU. daily or liver twice a week. Persons with hypothyroidism do not convert beta-carotene easily.
    Vitamin D as found in Cod Liver Oil or concentrated D supplement. 1,000-2,000 iu.
    B-Complex- from nutritional yeast or liver or in a supplement.
    C-Complex- C 500-2,000 mg.; bioflavonoids 500-2,000 mg.; rutin 25-500 mg.
    E- d'alpha tocopherol with mixed tocopherols 200-400 IU.
    Calcium- 1,000-1,500 mg. Make sure you split this dose into two or more times per day.
    Magnesium- 700-1,000mg. watch for 'bowel' reactions and lower your dose if they occur.
    Zinc- 20-50 mg. Doses higher than 60 mg. per day have been implicated in immune system suppression. Do not exceed the maximum.
    Copper- 2-3 mg. All minerals can be toxic in dose that are too high. Copper and zinc balance one another.
    Lithium Orotate- 120 mg. containing 4.8 mg of lithium. Trace amounts of lithium may restore cellular response to thyroxine.
    Iron Complex- in your multiple or as an add-on with B-12 (about 1 mg which is 1,000 mcg), folic acid (about 4 mg which is 4,000 mcg the new recommendation and not in any multi-vitamins currently available) and C in a multiple iron complex, multi-vitamin and mineral or from a liver supplement. Men may not need this.
    Taurine- 500-1,000 mg. once or twice a day. An amino acid for heart and nerves. Taurine is high in wild game, lean red meat, beef heart, oysters, mussels, shrimp and scallops.
    Carnitine- 1,000 mg. once or twice a day. An amino acid that protects the heart. Both taurine and carnitine are found in beef heart and lean red meat.
    Trace minerals- including chromium, selenium, molybdenum, vanadium and boron. Trace amounts varying from 50 mcg - 200 mcg depending on which supplement and which mineral. Trace minerals should be just that, trace amounts. Do not over use.
    Avoid excess iodine. Stick with the RDA of 150 micrograms (mcg.) Many alternative practitioners believe giving iodine will help thyroid but elevated levels of iodine suppress thyroid function and may be a primary cause of auto-immune thyroiditis (Hashimoto's

One other suggestion:

Go to a vitamin/supplement store and look at thei ngredients in a product like Thyrolean (sp?)

bor
    Thanks. I'll be takin t4 and clen .

Thread Information